Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,061 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

The keeper handled the ball after a back pass stopping it going over the line. Shouldn't that be a red card?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Soups123

Chalk and cheese between Gabriel and Mari for me.

Why Arteta was picking Mari ahead of Gabriel for the Villareal game I will never understand.

I will add, Mari was okay in that game, but he shouldn't be playing ahead of Gabriel imo.

I’d have his handling of Gabriel in with that of Martinelli. Gabriel could be a leader of this team makes no sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

How many times has Partey given the ball away?. This was not what I expected when he was brought in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭wonga77

greendom wrote: »
    How many times has Partey given the ball away?. This was not what I expected when he was brought in.

It's not what we saw from him in the early stages either. His form has fallen off a cliff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Underground

Quazzie wrote: »
    The keeper handled the ball after a back pass stopping it going over the line. Shouldn't that be a red card?

I'm not sure what the rules are on that, and for all I know they've changed from what they used to be.

If I remember correctly though if the keeper picked it up from a passback wasn't it just an indirect free kick? Seeing as we scored from the passage of play I'm guessing is why the ref just left it.

Who knows though, that rule has probably changed down the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,484 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Jesus we were under siege for most of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Jesus we were under siege for most of that.

indeed.

this tactic only works against the top teams(see arteta's record, its better than wenger and emery) but against a bang average side like villariale, na mate we cant be playing like that

Again playing with fire there.

VAR overturned Chelsea's goal offside

• Advertisement

If tonight was Auba's audition for Tuchel I doubt we'll be getting any calls in the summer

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Popped into the chelsea thread and someone said they have been denied 2 clear penalties in the second half, must have missed that lol

probably referring to the Holding handball and the Havertz dive. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭Esse85

Auba heading off and he’s not happy at all
    Lacazette on

Arteta didn't even look at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

He was offering very little,can have no real complaints

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,159 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Partey is rubbish. He either completely slows play down and kills any chance of an attack, or gives the ball away in a dangerous area.

Partey is rubbish.

I think he hasn't been bad at all. Been very harsh on him.

• Advertisement

Our goal is leading a charmed life.

We're panicking with getting the ball away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Leno so good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Underground

Don't know why I'm nervous here.

If Chelsea score three goals in the last five minutes here it literally doesn't matter at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭mossie

Partey is rubbish. He either completely slows play down and kills any chance of an attack, or gives the ball away in a dangerous area.

He's made a couple of very important clearances and seems to have played well generally apart from one or two slip ups.

Don't know why I'm nervous here.

If Chelsea score three goals in the last five minutes here it literally doesn't matter at all.

Always nice beating Chelsea though.

• Advertisement

Where did they find 6 minutes injury time ?

Definitely contact on Partey but he 100% made the most of it.

How was Partey booked for diving when there was contact? Seen penalties given against us for that....

Elneny a very deserving MOTM

Double against chelsea.

I did say artetat has the best record against the top teams. better than wenger and emery

Unexpected 3 points.

Great effort and such a professional performance. Arteta has his way against the big clubs and it certainly works.

Credit to the manager and the team. Rode their luck but decent again vs a big side.

Love beating Chelsea tbh, probably the worst club around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

If Wolves do us a favour against Spurs at the weekend....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,484 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Ah yeah my arsenal prediction was right. When the pressure is off win all the games. Mind you we were very lucky there.

Resilient and plenty of heart shown. Can't ask for much more really

• Advertisement

Double against chelsea.

I did say artetat has the best record against the top teams. better than wenger and emery

I guess the expectation was always that we would still beat the relegation fodder while competing with the top teams.

• Moderators Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Fair play to the lads, always good to beat any of the top clubs regardless!

Auba straight over to the Chelsea players after the full time whistle.

If only we weren't so bloody awful before Christmas...

https://twitter.com/Orbinho/status/1392588488063791106?s=19

Basil3 wrote: »
    I guess the expectation was always that we would still beat the relegation fodder while competing with the top teams.
    TBH i could count like 4 games since dec where we should have won but diddnt.

Wolves, villa , watford i think it was

• Registered Users Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭omega man

Presume Tuchel rested so many players due to the FA cup final. That could backfire on him yet.

Watford were in the Championship this year!

exactly!!

I was gunna point out the fact that since dec, we have been good!

i cannot believe people here want arteta out. we have been better since we played chelsea at the emirates!

And like i said, i can count 3-4 league games were we dominated and should have won had it not been due to VAR/individual errors

Wasnt that when the Brazilians got sick and Rowe and saka came in ?

Yep pretty much Stephens Day game against Chelsea when Smith Rowe came in....

In any podcast about Arsenal this year they basically divide our season into pre and post Stephens Day and rightly so I guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,065 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hemmed in for most of the game but delighted with the win. First double over Chelsea in the league since the Premier League winning team of 2004.

First double against Chelsea since invincible season 03/04

• Moderators Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Add Burnley to that and oh Everton a point at least

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭emmetlego

First win at Stamford Bridge in 10 years. First win at Old Trafford in 16 years. 3rd best defence in the league.

As Rafa would say. FACT!

Look lads and ladies, I'm not saying tonight was brilliant, far from it. We rode Lady Luck a few times, but the team and the manager got an awful lot right too. This is one of the reasons why, I am strongly in favour of keeping Mikel in charge for the next half season at least.

Take the old "best since Christmas" thing that Arsene used to have hung over him too.

Let's see what the summer squad looks like. If the owners do f*** all, then we are just hanging our worn out clothes on a dirty washing line. As my mammy used to say.

Another way of looking at it, thank god we picked up form when we did. I think we have developed no identity in terms of the type of football we are trying to play, or perhaps we don't have the players to implement the City style where everyone on the field has to touch the ball. This is something Arteta needs to remedy. In many senses, the FA Cup win last year bought him a lot of credit in the bank. Perhaps crowds returning in the future might help also, but I think he is trying to turn a silk purse into a sow's ear.

• Advertisement

emmetlego wrote: »
    First win at Stamford Bridge in 10 years. First win at Old Trafford in 16 years. 3rd best defence in the league.

As Rafa would say. FACT!

Look lads and ladies, I'm not saying tonight was brilliant, far from it. We rode Lady Luck a few times, but the team and the manager got an awful lot right too. This is one of the reasons why, I am strongly in favour of keeping Mikel in charge for the next half season at least.

Take the old "best since Christmas" thing that Arsene used to have hung over him too.

Let's see what the summer squad looks like. If the owners do f*** all, then we are just hanging our worn out clothes on a dirty washing line. As my mammy used to say.

You do have to balance those facts with the ones where teams picked up there first ever wins at the Arsenal, we had a few of them too. We also had some worst run stats

That said his record with the big 6 is excellent.

Whether we want him in or out the club are clear he starts next season so we just got to sit back and hope it works. Being able to concentrate fully on the league next year would be interesting as he’d have so much coaching and rest time.

Time will tell

Thomas Partey tonight.

Most tackles: 5
    Most interceptions: 3
    Most duels: 12
    Most ball recoveries 9

Knew he had a good game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Arteta deserves this summer transfer window and a run until December and then an assessment. I think with a rejuvenated squad and no stop starts, with crowds back, we can go places. A changing of the manager at this point in time is not the answer.

ETA: Jamie Redknapp looks like he's ready to head off to the clubs!

emmetlego wrote: »

As Rafa would say. FACT!

Ah I'm not convinced in him anymore. Playing in a crucial Europa semi-final without a striker was a huge eye-opener.

I think his days are numbered. Would be gone long ago at either Chelsea or City. that said, nothing will change unless the Kroenkes are gone... it will be like the Abe Simpson walking in and hanging his coat gif. An endless cycle of mediocrity and repetition

Jmac24128 wrote: »
    Thomas Partey tonight.

Most tackles: 5
    Most interceptions: 3
    Most duels: 12
    Most ball recoveries 9

Knew he had a good game

You expect that from him. He improved but in the first half in particular he gave the ball away a lot. Too many misplaced passes for me

• Advertisement
Advertisement