Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer/Gossip 23/24 - [New Thread Available]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

that is whagt i keep coming back to - there has to be something we are missing because what has been done so far is insanity.

They are nowhere close to being in a position to do this.

Missing 3 founders - difficult.
    Missing 5 qualifiers - impossible.

What on earth are they at?

It has to be the automatic qualification piece which is just a bridge too far for UEFA. UEFA's two places for teams not automatically qualified based on recent performance or legacy European performance is obviously not enough for these cretins.

But automatic qualification only really explains the English teams as the league is so competitive. What the Spanish and Italian teams are looking for is less clear, simply more money probably, although AC Milan have been doing a good job of avoiding the Champions League like Arsenal and Man Utd.

The chance is there for Roman or the Abu Dhabi crowd to take the moral high ground and say they're pulling out because it's not good for football and give their somewhat dodgy reputations a boost in the process.

Roman could wrangle himself a knighthood, let alone citizenship ::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

PARlance wrote: »
    It'll be interesting to see what the players/managers come out with now that the whirlwind has passed and the owners of these clubs will have had the chance to get the PR gurus on board.

I hope we see interviews like Klopp, Bamford and Milner from last night but I suspect they will be more measured like Tuchel's.

Milner isnt the ones to stand up..... Milners out the door, and hes expendable. Hes not viewed as a asset like Mane , Salah, Allison, TAA, VVD or Robertson. They are the ones who can and should rock the boat if they have any sense of morals.

Same goes for the top stars at United. Staying silent or sitting on the fence (which IMO Klopp did, he wasnt saying what he truly felt) is just as bad as siding with these crooks.

Players need to take a stand or they are as bad as the crooks running these clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Milner isnt the ones to stand up..... Milners out the door, and hes expendable. Hes not viewed as a asset like Mane , Salah, Allison, TAA, VVD or Robertson. They are the ones who can and should rock the boat if they have any sense of morals.

Same goes for the top stars at United. Staying silent or sitting on the fence (which IMO Klopp did, he wasnt saying what he truly felt) is just as bad as siding with these crooks.

Players need to take a stand or they are as bad as the crooks running these clubs.

Exactly as I have said many Times a player playing for the badge or club is worth ten playing for their pocket.
    Were soon going to see how many we have at our club.
    We will Also see how much of a United legend ole is.

Ole is in a tough spot and I fear hes while he an honest guy, hes not brave enough to speak out. Hes in a job way above his station (IMO) and he knows hes expenadable. He probably wont get to manage at this level again if he speaks out.

Rashford and Bruno have true power, they are loved by our fans. The outrage if the clubs forced either of them out for speaking out. It would be truly the beginning of the end and Ive no doubt that these two in particular are against this.

They need to speak out because it matters coming from them, not from Bamford or Milner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Footage of Woodward going to carrington yesterday to try and get players on board

mOw5ej.gif

Don’t know why Di Maria just showed up out of nowhere to join the celebrates like John Terry....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,626 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Drumpot wrote: »
    Footage of Woodward going to carrington yesterday to try and get players on board

mOw5ej.gif

Don’t know why Di Maria just showed up out of nowhere to join the celebrates like John Terry....

I think it would be weirder if Di Maria didnt show up when there's money been thrown around

Surely the only way the players will get on board is with a huge wage increase..... and to think Perez and co think that their financial worries will be solved..... they wont, how will they ever move player son when they are on 1 million a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Milner is Liverpool's captain, regardless of age or stage of career, that carries weight.

Players are pawns in this, saying they're as bad as the crooks running the club's (if they don't kick up a fuss) is quite dramatic and over the top imo.

Players carry a lot of power in this but they're also employees at the end of the day. It's a little bit more nuanced than just going out there and kicking up a fuss.

Surely the only way the players will get on board is with a huge wage increase..... and to think Perez and co think that their financial worries will be solved..... they wont, how will they ever move player son when they are on 1 million a week.

They could offer players an extra 50% salary to play in super league or something like that ?

• Advertisement

Milner is Liverpool's captain, regardless of age or stage of career, that carries weight.

Players are pawns in there, saying they're as bad as the crooks running the club's (if they don't kick up a fuss) is quite dramatic and over the top imo.

Players carry a lot of power in this but they're also employees at the end of the day. It's a little bit more nuanced than just going out there and kicking up a fuss.

It does to an extent, but realistically Milner wont be there when the ESL is pushed ahead.

If the players let this happen and dont take a stand, they are complicit.

What has Rashford or Harry Kane got to lose by standing up besides money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,191 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

If the stock price really did rally to the extent reported I hope Woodward is investigated for stock manipulation this is obviously a long winded situation the insiders in each club such as Woodward Perez The Juve owners and The Fenway group have been planning for some time it did coincide with the Champions League revamp announcement but it still is something that players supporters and the media have been caught off guard by, to think that the United hiarchy have profited from it is so disgusting.

Love to hear Ferguson's views on all this.

Love to hear Ferguson's views on all this.

Hes against them. He made a brief statement Sunday evening. He appears to have been caught off guard like most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,666 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Imagine City and Chelsea turn out to be the good guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

The current system works for City and Chelsea. FFP has been a bust so they can continue on financially doping and these teams win league titles. Same for Bayern and PSG, the current system suits them. They won't really be the good guys, their selfish interests will just coincidentally align with the masses for once. The status quo is good for them. It is still ****ing **** for the rest of football, but at least its not the ESL so we can all live happily ever after right?

Imagine City and Chelsea turn out to be the good guys.

The lesser of two evils..... they arent the good guys, but they can make themselves look less bad.

City are the best bet for a team pulling out but I just dont see it happening.

I do believe that if 1 team pulls out, the rest will fall like dominos until Joel and Florentino are left holding the bag.

Id f'ing love that.

Whats United come to when we want to see the club fail and be punished. Its sickening.

It does to an extent, but realistically Milner wont be there when the ESL is pushed ahead.

If the players let this happen and dont take a stand, they are complicit.

What has Rashford or Harry Kane got to lose by standing up besides money.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see them all come out against it. I just think that it's unfair to be lumping them in the same boat as the owners if they aren't vocal.

What has Rashford to lose... Well he loves playing for his club, he might be told by his employer that anyone speaking out in public against the club, will be sold. This may involve uprooting family etc... There's more to it that just money. He has team mates, friends etc at the club and in the area.

Us as fans have nothing to lose arguing against it on an internet forum and it's easy to see footballers as things that just earn crazy money... But there's human factors at play. I'm sure we've all been in situations were we've had to bite our lip when we wish we could have said something.

Anyway, just a different way of looking at it. I hope we see a strong stance but I suspect it'll be more subtle things like Bruno's social media comment. I won't be directing any anger towards players in any case.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see them all come out against it. I just think that it's unfair to be lumping them in the same boat as the owners if they aren't vocal.

They have the potential to line their pickets with ESL money. They should be standing up or risk being complicit.
    What has Rashford to lose... Well he loves playing for his club, he might be told by his employer that anyone speaking out in public against the club, will be sold. This may involve uprooting family etc... There's more to it that just money. He has team mates, friends etc at the club and in the area.

If they have morals, they shouldnt want to play for the club. He should be above that. When its clear how Man Utd arent the Man Utd of old, the love shouldnt be there plating for Glazers.

They have the potential to line their pickets with ESL money. They should be standing up or risk being complicit.

If they have morals, they shouldnt want to play for the club. He should be above that. When its clear how Man Utd arent the Man Utd of old, the love shouldnt be there plating for Glazers.

Have you stopped supporting United since Sunday? Or did you stop when the Glazers took over?

Rashford has been doing well enough on the "having morals" stake lately imo. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

namloc1980 wrote: »
    There's hundreds of millions of "fans of the future" in China, the rest of Asia and the US who will pay to watch this.

This is key to all of this.
    As neville said think of it you have 150m fams paying $1 a week for access to the matches etc via their phone that is a huge amount of money on the table.

Have you stopped supporting United since Sunday? Or did you stop when the Glazers took over?

Rashford has been doing well enough on the "having morals" stake lately imo. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on this.

Ive voiced by displeasure about the Glazers, but admittedly I kept supporting the club in the hope things eventually change. I was naïve.

But since Sunday, Im sick. I will find it hard to want our team to do well as it ultimately may meaning nothing come May. This announcement has rocked me.

Id imagine someone like Rashford would feel similar and I imagine he can see the same road we see this going.

I was actually sent this from a Friend who supports Liverpool

EXRHvE6XgAAFs7V.jpg

I’d say he’s disgusted with what’s going on but given his age and health I don’t think it’s fair to expect him to speak up. Just wish he was still manager and effectively making sure the clubs principles were more fan focused.

Ive voiced by displeasure about the Glazers, but admittedly I kept supporting the club in the hope things eventually change. I was naïve.

But since Sunday, Im sick. I will find it hard to want our team to do well as it ultimately may meaning nothing come May. This announcement has rocked me.

Id imagine someone like Rashford would feel similar and I imagine he can see the same road we see this going.

Same here, but the players are just pawns. I'm sure most are just as angry as us, imagine being a fairly significant employee of a club and your owners drop this will you're out playing a game... We both want them to speak out, I just won't be diverting any anger towards them if they don't. Our anger should be fixed firmly on a handful of p****s ruining the club.

Other Premier League teams, UEFA, FIFA and some of the "Super League" clubs themselves are the only ones who can really put a stop to this imo.

If there's any silver lining, I hope this falls flat on its face and the Glazers decide to sell up... Wishful thinking maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭billyhead

EXRHvE6XgAAFs7V.jpg

I’d say he’s disgusted with what’s going on but given his age and health I don’t think it’s fair to expect him to speak up. Just wish he was still manager and effectively making sure the clubs principles were more fan focused.

Did Fergie not welcome the Glazers purchasing the club. If this goes ahead this season was meaningless.

Same here, but the players are just pawns. I'm sure most are just as angry as us, imagine being a fairly significant employee of a club and your owners drop this will you're out playing a game... We both want them to speak out, I just won't be diverting any anger towards them if they don't. Our anger should be fixed firmly on a handful of p****s ruining the club.

Other Premier League teams, UEFA, FIFA and some of the "Super League" clubs themselves are the only ones who can really put a stop to this imo.

If there's any silver lining, I hope this falls flat on its face and the Glazers decide to sell up... Wishful thinking maybe.

I dont think we will get rid of Joel and co even if this ESL goes belly up.

I was disappointed with Klopp to an extent last night, but he was sent to the wolves...... and the Owner declined to comment. He shouldnt be put in that position, the owners are happy to hide while he gets sent out to speak to reporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

We need each of the glazers to get a bullet to the brain and woodwards head should be removed and placed on a spike outside old trafford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

billyhead wrote: »
    if this goes ahead this season was meaningless.

Which is ****ing ****e because I've actually somewhat enjoyed a lot of the things the team has done this year. Probably our most easy to like teams that played as a group since Fergie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

billyhead wrote: »
    Did Fergie not welcome the Glazers purchasing the club. If this goes ahead this season was meaningless.

Only because he'd fallen out with the previous owners, see the Rock of Gibraltar issue.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

The Man City one is a strange one for me. They couldn't be in it for the money, they're basically laundering money at that club with the threat of FFP hanging over them constantly. How could they be motivated by 300M when that's just pocket money to the owners ? Can understand the Glazers buying into that payday but not the clubs owned by oil millionaires

The Man City one is a strange one for me. They couldn't be in it for the money, they're basically laundering money at that club with the threat of FFP hanging over them constantly. How could they be motivated by 300M when that's just pocket money to the owners ? Can understand the Glazers buying into that payday but not the clubs owned by oil millionaires

But aren't they now a massive club that are amongst the world elite. That's what they like to think anyway. What's laughable aswell is the inclusion of Spurs.

They seemed intent on getting glory, Roman too. They wanted to build a best in the world club at all costs. It never appeared that they wished to make huge money.

If its true that they are having second thoughts, then it may be the case they just thought this was them not wanting to be left behind while Utd and co race ahead in this new league.

Rest of prem meeting still ongoing.
    Let's hope they make the right decisions and don't back down to the greeds.
    Meeting over on sky news.

Meeting finished I meant. Sky sports news.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112241270&postcount=447

I got lambasted by some in here because I said while I wouldn’t be part of any violence against Woodward (back in Jan 2019) but I wouldn’t condemn it either. These guys are playing with an institution that is like a religion for some people. They are making a fortune on the backs of fans and ignoring the hardcore base. If they get attacked or worse, it’s their own fault.

You were rightly lambasted at the time by the majority. Violence is not the solution, it wasn't then and isn't now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Not outright dissension, but I think the message is clear.
    https://twitter.com/MarcusRashford/status/1384494671129301002

Jordan Henderson looking for a meeting with the captain's of the other 5 teams. Something happening.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As bad as the club is coming out of this on the board level, I’m really happy with the vibes coming off about the players’ reactions.

Rashford and Bruno coming out against it on social media, Maguire apparently pulling up Woodward on it. While I hate what the club has done, it will make it easier to cheer the squad again when the dust settles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Watching SSN here, there are reports that the other 14 teams are open to welcoming the 'top 6' back but will not welcome back some of the senior executives involved, my assumption is Joel Glazer given he's heavily involved, maybe Woodward as well.

This could be groundbreaking for the owners to fúck off.

Watching SSN here, there are reports that the other 14 teams are open to welcoming the 'top 6' back but will not welcome back some of the senior executives involved, my assumption is Joel Glazer given he's heavily involved, maybe Woodward as well.

Fact is the other 14 need the big 6. Sucks, but its reality

Lord TSC wrote: »
    As bad as the club is coming out of this on the board level, I’m really happy with the vibes coming off about the players’ reactions.

Rashford and Bruno coming out against it on social media, Maguire apparently pulling up Woodward on it. While I hate what the club has done, it will make it easier to cheer the squad again when the dust settles.

It makes things easier. Im not looking forward to Sunday though. A match I should be really up for is overshadowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

EXRHvE6XgAAFs7V.jpg

I assume that's an anecdote that's doing the rounds that insinuates that Fergie would be very much opposed to the ESL?

Oddly enough I could read that exact same quote and see it as the opposite. Unfortunately, it's no longer those who turn up at OT every fortnight that are paying the bulk of those 6 figure weekly salaries, even when the OT gates are open for business. The reality is that it's the TV rights and commercial partnerships that are paying those salaries and meeting their expectations could be the equivalent of signing a match day programme.

(not saying that Fergie is actually pro ESL, just that the economics of the game has changed so much that the anecdote is somewhat meaningless at this stage)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,626 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I don't blame them, who'd want to see the Woodward's scaly skin

I wouldn't be surprised if Woodward gets thrown under the bus by the Glaziers if they do pull out.
    But I'm sure his compensation will make up for any pain.
    Still leaving a massive problem of the glazier leeches still being at United.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't be surprised if Woodward gets thrown under the bus by the Glaziers if they do pull out.
    But I'm sure his compensation will make up for any pain.
    Still leaving a massive problem of the glazier leeches still being at United.

In what sense would they throw him under the bus? Hes not spear heading it, Joel Glazers name is down as a vice pres, Woodward is simply carrying out orders.

In what sense would they throw him under the bus? Hes not spear heading it, Joel Glazers name is down as a vice pres, Woodward is simply carrying out orders.

Who can say 100% was the mastermind behind all this.
    I still think the Glaziers will have a plan in place if everything goes bang..
    Hopefully it's both Glaziers and Woodward who are to be banished from the premiership.
    Going to be interesting.

You were rightly lambasted at the time by the majority. Violence is not the solution, it wasn't then and isn't now.

Where did I say it was the answer? I just accept Cause and effect . You mess with something that people are fanatical about you may stir a hornets nest. If they get hurt, it’s their own fault.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I assume that's an anecdote that's doing the rounds that insinuates that Fergie would be very much opposed to the ESL?

Oddly enough I could read that exact same quote and see it as the opposite. Unfortunately, it's no longer those who turn up at OT every fortnight that are paying the bulk of those 6 figure weekly salaries, even when the OT gates are open for business. The reality is that it's the TV rights and commercial partnerships that are paying those salaries and meeting their expectations could be the equivalent of signing a match day programme.

(not saying that Fergie is actually pro ESL, just that the economics of the game has changed so much that the anecdote is somewhat meaningless at this stage)

The game has different meaning to people. These change may affect how they feel about the club or even football going forward. That anecdote may mean nothing good to you but it expresses the sentiments of what a lot of people imagined the sport should be about which is the fans.

I don’t know if SAF is pro ESL or not, but I know he’s built the club to the status it has and has given way more to fans then anybody else. In the absence knowing one way or another why shouldn’t I presume he’s behind the fans?

The game has different meaning to people. These change may affect how they feel about the club or even football going forward. That anecdote may mean nothing good to you but it expresses the sentiments of what a lot of people imagined the sport should be about which is the fans.

I don’t know if SAF is pro ESL or not, but I know he’s built the club to the status it has and has given way more to fans then anybody else. In the absence knowing one way or another why shouldn’t I presume he’s behind the fans?

People talk about how Fergie and Shankley etc would be dead against this, and Im sure Klopp and Ole may be dead against it behind closed doors.

I still beleive that someone, in these 6 clubs have to be braver than Milner, or Klopp or Pep have been. Id love to see someone talk about it as passionately as Carra and Neville, from a high profile position with these six English clubs.

I suspect many within these high profile players dont want to rock the boat for fear of consequences. I understand it, just wish it wasnt the case.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement