Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2023/24

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

peteeeed wrote: »
    A win is a win at this stage , pressure on the others for a few days

Winning when your not at your best is a vital component of any side with championship aspirations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭kalych

RichT wrote: »
    We need 4 points from last 2 games to guarantee Top Four.

I'd say we'll can get 3 against Wolves, Liverpool...not likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Sorry looked at sky sports table and saw games played equaled man u. Should have learned not to looked at the table when match finishes.

Be fun to see what team Liverpool puts out. Hope they put out some youths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭bullpost

kalych wrote: »
    I'd say we'll can get 3 against Wolves, Liverpool...not likely.

Liverpool will be in celebration mood and hopefully we can nick a point, however our form at the moment would not inspire confidence.

bullpost wrote: »
    Liverpool will be in celebration mood and hopefully we can nick a point, however our form at the moment would not inspire confidence.

Yeah, but aren't they chasing the record points total for EPL champions? They can still get 102 points if they win all their matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Liverpool havent been great since we won them the league :pac: so I wouldm't rule out at least a point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭RichT

Come On Burnley!!!

Really, really worried about Wolves nicking (and thoroughly deserving it if they do) the last Champions League spot!

Never thought I'd have to utter them words. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Thank god for that last minute Burnley goal. Would have probably fancied Wolves to beat us if they needed to for CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭RichT

Johner wrote: »
    Thank god for that last minute Burnley goal. Would have probably fancied Wolves to beat us if they needed to for CL.

Haven't seen it, but apparently we have VAR to thank for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Not surprised to see a back 5

Surprised to see Willian over Pulisic though, hopefully we're either still in the game or can spring him for a mad counter while ahead later in the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,718 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Great win and Arsenal in the final. Not too shabby at all

Absolutely brilliant performance, every man outstanding minus the Odoi brainfart, up there with the best of the season and what a time and place to do it

3 points against Liverpool now please so we can enjoy the final day and let United and Leicester shoot it out between themselves

Bossed it from start to finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Killinator

And the Spurs Leicester result takes alot of pressure off of us too, so a cracking day all round

Absolutely delighted with that, I'd love to see Frank win the FA Cup in his first season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Barr wrote: »
    Thank fcuk for Giroud.

Hate to quote myself but think this man deserves so much credit.

Giroud has to be our most important player this season

Barr wrote: »
    Hate to quote myself but think this man deserves so much credit.

Giroud has to be our most important player this season

I don't know about most important but certainly one of the most important since the restart. Honorable mention to willian and pulisic too.

Missed the match yesterday, was fully expecting to lose so obviously delighted with the win. Sounds like we bullied them and got stuck in. I saw the goals on twitter and De Gea really should have saved them. Did we create much?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

Johner,

We just bossed them off the pitch. High pace, high press, forced them into loads of mistakes.

De Gea actually made some very good saves too. Could have been 6 or 7 to us.

Most complete, professional performance this season.

• Advertisement

Tigerbaby wrote: »
    Johner,

We just bossed them off the pitch. High pace, high press, forced them into loads of mistakes.

De Gea actually made some very good saves too. Could have been 6 or 7 to us.

Most complete, professional performance this season.

The only downside was called having abrain fart and giving away a stupid penalty. It really gifted them there only chance to score.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

Kev

agreed.

Not convinced about CHO at all, at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,718 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Tigerbaby wrote: »
    Kev

agreed.

Not convinced about CHO at all, at all.

Given now he'd be 3rd place in his position should Willian sign a contract, I'd loan him out to Everton or someone similar

Considering we're about to lose Pedro and probably Willian too, Odoi will find lots more gametime next season

For someone who's not 20 until November, he's about where he needs to be in terms of development, he was ahead but a slow last 6/8 months has stalled him a little. Same for Ampadu, he was ahead of where he should be for his age but a poor loan has set him back to someone more in line for his age

With 5 subs looking like happening again next season he'll be a key guy in time, especially if we're in the CL and need proper rotation and mixing of gametime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Considering we're about to lose Pedro and probably Willian too, Odoi will find lots more gametime next season

For someone who's not 20 until November, he's about where he needs to be in terms of development, he was ahead but a slow last 6/8 months has stalled him a little. Same for Ampadu, he was ahead of where he should be for his age but a poor loan has set him back to someone more in line for his age

With 5 subs looking like happening again next season he'll be a key guy in time, especially if we're in the CL and need proper rotation and mixing of gametime

The main thing for him and Tammy at the moment is attitude imo. They're both young and CHO is coming off a massive injury so I can accept a load of poor performances, but the effort is important. Mount has mediocre games but always give it everything, James looked ****e his first 2/3 games back but the attitude and running was there and is now looking good.

RLC is a bit in between, he's never looked like he tries even at the best of times, and he looks even more timid now. His positioning seems a bit all over the place too with the game moving around him a bit. His tussle with Pogba yesterday was good to see though.

It seems personal terms have been agreed with Havertz, with the final price to be negotiated with Leverkusen including whether he can play Europa League or not

Id hope we dont let him tbh, we didnt need to negotiate this with Leipzig for Werner since we were activiating a release clause so it was only between Chelsea and Werner, but this one might be tougher

If he does play, knocking a 5th PL placed Man U out of the Europa League at some stage would be worth it

Man City look to be buying Nathan Ake

Id like to see us bring him back and give him a chance over Christensen, odds are he wont be enough of an improvement to shore up our defense but I think its worth going after for a change anyway because whats there isnt working and our Van Dijk isnt out there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

• Advertisement

V9 wrote: »

thats embarrassing

thats embarrassing

Its amazing that ckearly biased reporting like that still gets a platform

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

thats embarrassing

Indeed it is, the sooner the schools are back the better, too many children with time on their hands I think.

where's that simpsons lemons gif when you need it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Killinator

Bloody hell that's a cringey read!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,557 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

He absolutely isnt, he hates us too.. he is a Liverpool fan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Trigger wrote: »

Worse again.

Trigger wrote: »

Surprised there wasn't any klop is great comments then.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

There's no doubt that Lampard gets credit in excess of his achievements. But this is one of the worst 'articles' i've ever seen. I'd expect to see this on a salty spurs twitter account.

Does he not grasp the impact that Hazard had on our performances? The loss of Hazard alone should have set us back several spots in the league.

There's no doubt that Lampard gets credit in excess of his achievements. But this is one of the worst 'articles' i've ever seen. I'd expect to see this on a salty spurs twitter account.

Does he not grasp the impact that Hazard had on our performances? The loss of Hazard alone should have set us back several spots in the league.

Losing Hazard and not being able to match our competitors buying that summer too. Add that to him being an inexperienced manager who was probably given the job early it's easy to see why the praise is being heaped on him.

It's also because the team isn't just ticking over and playing well, Lampard is actually changing a lot around and making big subs when needed or tactical changes when needed.

If it was another guus hiddink job of steady the ship and a case of an experienced manager getting the team to out perform a bit it wouldn't be talked about as much.

Draw or loss for United now would mean a draw against Liverpool later would be enough to secure us the CL football

Would love to get the job done tonight to be able to rest a few against Wolves before the FA Cup final next weekend

• Advertisement

Just need 2 point for top 4 . Pressure off tonight

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Just need 2 point for top 4 . Pressure off tonight

1 point is enough now

We'd be on 64 with a point, with United on 63 and Leicester on 62 no result can put both of them ahead of us

A loss however keeping us on 63 points followed by a loss to Wolves would mean a draw between United and Leicester would put them both ahead of us due to better goal difference for Leicester

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Under valued at start of season. Poor bats will be gone as I admit that I wanted him to do well but not up to it. Just win 1 or draw 2 and get top 4 with united playing Leicester last game.

must have seen the future. If we miss out now we must be bad.

Jesus must go back to school as my maths are crap. Even better for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Israel Echoing Hairdressing

sky sports pundits at half time not mentioning Mane's dive to get the free shocka....cowardice

Something needs to change over the summer defensive wise anyway, I dont know what but this aint good enough

Good spirit shown by the team so far. Substitutes are very lively. Defense is shocking obviously...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Israel Echoing Hairdressing

Something needs to change over the summer defensive wise anyway, I dont know what but this aint good enough

Cech on phone to Roman to go all out for Oblak.....probably go for Onana though

I don’t think that match told us anything we didn’t already know. Point needed in the last game, Wolves coming to win will probably suit us, hopefully we can get the job done. Pulisic is such an exciting player. Defence is an issue that will unfortunately take more than one transfer window.

• Advertisement
Advertisement