Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

And again. Absolute bollox!

If that's given, VAR is a ****ing joke.

As it should have been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

No peno.

Where's the yellow card though?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Aurier is a lucky boy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Never a pen :mad:

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

I'll take the point, but a stupid mistake costing us once again. Dier was actually pretty good at CB today, but should be called up on that "tackle".

Sissoko MOTM (for Spurs anyway) for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,923 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Kiith wrote:
    I'll take the point, but a stupid mistake costing us once again. Dier was actually pretty good at CB today, but should be called up on that "tackle".

Agreed, he was doing well up until then
    Kiith wrote:
    Sissoko MOTM (for Spurs anyway) for me.

Same here, good to see him back.

Still 8th place, if results don't go our way this weekend we could be 10th.
    Despite a reasonable performance that's seriously depressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭Glebee

Utd were the better team, take a point and move on. Very sluggish and out on our feet at the end. Good test I suppose. Did we have any clear chances outher than the goal and Sons header?

• Advertisement

Draw doesn't really help us, as i really think we need max points to have any chance of CL, but it was a decent performance. Defensively solid for the most part, which is a big improvement over what we've seen in the last few games. Bergwijn looked very good, and good to see Kane get 90 minutes (even if it wasn't a game that suited him at all).

If we can play like that against West Ham, we should win that.

i hate serge aurier with a passion that frightens me

every other player in the team should be banging the managers door down demanding he never get the shirt again

he has total contempt for the team and their efforts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Jose had us set up for a draw even at 1-0 up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Lads, a draw is ok. Results will be a bit crazy. Kane and son can only get better. United were good in second half but only one decent shot which loris saved.

How the second penalty was given is bizarre. Thank god for VAR. my opinion is we have a much better chance of CL now than before Covid. Pogba and greenwood changed United. Gedson is poor and needs to step up.

See what happens for rest of weekend. But it’s great that we are back. And good to have the banter with ye again. The premier league thread is pretty toxic. Enjoy your weekend.

Yes agree Aurier is terrible terrible player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Equium

Surely there is someone in the youth sides who is better than Aurier. Could they honestly do worse? He really is a car crash footballer and for me probably the worst full back in the Premier League. Even at the end he stopped playing and was claiming a throw-in whilst his opponent ran up the wing into acres of space.

Equium wrote: »
    Surely there is someone in the youth sides who is better than Aurier. Could they honestly do worse? He really is a car crash footballer and for me probably the worst full back in the Premier League. Even at the end he stopped playing and was claiming a throw-in whilst his opponent ran up the wing into acres of space.

He is rated 7 here https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/06/19/tottenham-vs-manchester-united-player-ratings-harry-kane-pace/

He is rated 6 here and called disciplined in defence

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/tottenham-vs-manchester-united-result-player-ratings-score-goals-epl-table-a9576661.html

Rated 7 here and given assist for goal

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12010636/tottenham-1-1-man-utd-player-ratings-bruno-fernandes-and-paul-pogba-impress-in-eventful-draw

those ratings can ask my arse, joe

he gave the ball away in really poor areas without any need time and again, leaving us under pressure right when we needed to hold on and pin united back a bit

he, davies and lamela were absolutely appalling in this regard tonight.

davies: hit united every pass, leaving us open to a few counters. had to foul when caught as has pace of a tractor.

lamela: game as usual, good energy, good attitude. tackled like an idiot and wasted three great chances to release players beyond uniteds line.

aurier: took men on time and again advancing from right back when it was clear hed lose it. happened several times. left sissoko and sanchez to bail him out time and again. ambled back more than once after being beaten. typically poor in attack.

we will never improve while boosting the players that drag this team down, and especially not by defending aurier in particular, who never seems to me to give two sh1ts that he is letting down his team, his club, himself.

the kind of feckless clown that it sickens me to see make it as a professional footballer when he has zero heart or sense of how lucky it makes him.

i hate him. if jose gets the sack in the summer he will deserve it for that lad ever getting a second game under him. a second *half*.

and levy deserves sacking if he hires another manager who considers picking him.

a guy like that is cancerous to a unit. absolute trash.

those ratings can ask my arse, joe

he gave the ball away in really poor areas without any need time and again, leaving us under pressure right when we needed to hold on and pin united back a bit

he, davies and lamela were absolutely appalling in this regard tonight.

davies: hit united every pass, leaving us open to a few counters. had to foul when caught as has pace of a tractor.

lamela: game as usual, good energy, good attitude. tackled like an idiot and wasted three great chances to release players beyond uniteds line.

aurier: took men on time and again advancing from right back when it was clear hed lose it. happened several times. left sissoko and sanchez to bail him out time and again. ambled back more than once after being beaten. typically poor in attack.

we will never improve while boosting the players that drag this team down, and especially not by defending aurier in particular, who never seems to me to give two sh1ts that he is letting down his team, his club, himself.

the kind of feckless clown that it sickens me to see make it as a professional footballer when he has zero heart or sense of how lucky it makes him.

i hate him. if jose gets the sack in the summer he will deserve it for that lad ever getting a second game under him. a second *half*.

and levy deserves sacking if he hires another manager who considers picking him.

a guy like that is cancerous to a unit. absolute trash.

As you know I am quite forgiving and only really look at attacking. I think he can be good going forward but agree he is a header defensively. Who would you have instead. What happened that youth player who was class but was shown up in city match. Dier made good tackles but is a liability. Is Toby injured.

Loris was nervous but made a good save.

But I do think sometimes people only see the bad things. I remember the stuff posted about Sissoko when I thought he was class.

First match back and draw against a team that has whipped us before. Arsenal lost. See what happens in next few days. I think city appeal will make or break us. If they lose it we will qualify for CL.

I have to agree with snoop, Aurier is awful, that ball he lost for Utd second non penalty was school boy stuff
    Needs to be sent packing
    Lamela tried and gave everything but he cannot find that final pass, 3 times last night he could have put son and Kane tru,
    Davies is a squad player, a good honest pro but....
    Why we persist with winks, I will never know, he gets found out all the time in the big games, again a squad player but not for the big games
    Either play ndombele or sell him, we need go forward from midfield and he can give us that
    I cannot understand why we didn’t sign Fernandes when we had the chance
    Based in last night game utd have passed us out lads

• Advertisement

I thought Lamela had a good game last night. He made some bad decisions as usual, but he also put in some great tackles, hassled the hell out of United and ran himself into the ground. He’s not good enough to be a regular, but he’s a vital squad player.

Ormus wrote: »
    I thought Lamela had a good game last night. He made some bad decisions as usual, but he also put in some great tackles, hassled the hell out of United and ran himself into the ground. He’s not good enough to be a regular, but he’s a vital squad player.

I think Lamela is up there with son as being the heart and soul of the team. Always gives his best and looks like he bleeds Lilly white. He is nuts and always seems to be getting in trouble with wild tackles. But more often than not inspires the team and create attacks and chances. I get what you are saying that he doesn’t guarantee a place but that is more to do with injuries than skill. Who would you have ahead of him if both were fully fit and on form. His relationship and interplay with lo Celso has them guaranteed starters for me.

joeguevara wrote: »
    I think Lamela is up there with son as being the heart and soul of the team. Always gives his best and looks like he bleeds Lilly white. He is nuts and always seems to be getting in trouble with wild tackles. But more often than not inspires the team and create attacks and chances. I get what you are saying that he doesn’t guarantee a place but that is more to do with injuries than skill. Who would you have ahead of him if both were fully fit and on form. His relationship and interplay with lo Celso has them guaranteed starters for me.

I’d have Bergwijn, GLC and Son as our attacking 3 behind Kane

Ormus wrote: »
    I’d have Bergwijn, GLC and Son as our attacking 3 behind Kane

Presumably sissoko as midfielder. Who is the last player

Sanchez is a disaster waiting to happen as well. Hes header clearance for Utd first chance was all sorts of stupid. Aurier even had a go at him for it.Does he realsie hes an international footballer??? Columbia must be badly stuck. Thaought Dier done ok until than lazy penalty tackle, if it was even a tackle more of a tiered lunge.

joeguevara wrote: »
    Presumably sissoko as midfielder. Who is the last player

I’d have two out of Winks, Sissoko and Ndombele.

bergwin, son, ali, le celso and moura are ahead of lamela

I like lamela and he gives us everything but he is a squad player or impact sub, he lacks that killer pass

dier to be fair played well, ok the peno was stupid but he got sucked out trying to cover davies and then pogba done him

sissoko and ndombele should be given a crack in centre mid

last night was a better performance, but we are seriously short in middle of the park, we need a player who can drive into the opposition and put us on the front foot

It helps us that Leicester dropped points and arsenal lose two on the bounce. I never thought I would ever say this but hope West Ham win. Newcastle could be buoyed by the prospect of being a spending powerhouse beat Sheffield and if Villa need a win it’s tomorrow and beat Chelsea. Am I dreaming

With Palace winning well today and Burnley having a game in hand we really have teams breathing down our necks. At least Brighton done us a favour today and a top half finish should be secured in the next couple of games.

The remainder of the season should be used with a look to next season... Give dbombele a run in midfield alongside Sissoko. Can Dier play CB long term? Start Lo Celso every game and I'd like to see more focus on Berjwin.

• Advertisement

With Palace winning well today and Burnley having a game in hand we really have teams breathing down our necks. At least Brighton done us a favour today and a top half finish should be secured in the next couple of games.

The remainder of the season should be used with a look to next season... Give dbombele a run in midfield alongside Sissoko. Can Dier play CB long term? Start Lo Celso every game and I'd like to see more focus on Berjwin.

I really like what I see on Berjwin. He was class in Holland but as we all know that doesn’t often translate to premiership. I remember ndombele scoring a cracker first game of season against Villa. But then he had the big falling out with Jose. But then Jose was taking him for individual training during lockdown so hopefully relationship mended.

I would love to see Delle back to his best. He was on a trajectory to be world class but then his temperament wasn’t great and hasn’t been the player he should be for ages. But when he is on form I think he is amazing.

I think I have mentioned before, I have doubts about Son and Kane playing together. They never seem to gel and each are superior in the team without the other. Hopefully with lo Celso and berjwin they can find the correct positioning, they are both amazing.

I think I am coming close to admitting that we need 3/4s of a new defence.

Whatever has happened Sheffield United, they are a different team in the second half and seem to be lethargic and rusty, Newcastle capitalise on this and leading 1 nil after 58 minutes. Fingers crossed they can push on and that will be a other rival dropping points. Not counting chickens but it looks good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

The question is, do we want to qualify for the Europa League? Champions League would be great, but looking increasingly unlikely. So, would a season without midweek European matches be a chance to regroup and maybe start challenging for top four again?

abff wrote: »
    The question is, do we want to qualify for the Europa League? Champions League would be great, but looking increasingly unlikely. So, would a season without midweek European matches be a chance to regroup and maybe start challenging for top four again?

Europa League is a nightmare. Seems to be never ending with away matches to the far ends of the continent. It also isn’t worth that much money. The kicker is though if you win it you qualify for CL, which could be worthwhile depending on the league position.

However, I disagree that CL qualification is looking increasingly unlikely. As I posted previously, it is dependent on whether City’s ban remains. If it does, then 5th is very gettable. Leicester dropped points. Sheffield United dripped points, United and us dropped them. Chelsea and wolves gained. We need a run, but Kane and Son can only improve. Hopefully we can do it. I’m hoping everyone is a lot more hopeful than ye were prior to the Lockdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,676 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Vertonghen and Vorm have agreed extensions until the end of the season.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,676 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

The Hams cup final tonight .

Jose has a full squad to chose from.
    Will be interesting to see if Ndombele gets a start/run ?
    Will Alli be back in.
    Will Jan & Toby return?

We need to beat this lot, and keep them in the bottom 3 ….

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

West Ham were very poor at the Weekend.

Tottenham back to full team. First time since Jose joined has he had all attacking players to choose from Expect to win but WH play 3000% better against us than any other team.

form doesnt matter for two reasons

i. they raise their game for us

ii. teams dont beat us by playing well. they just sit back and wait for the mistake.

prediction: aurier to let us down again all game and the stress of covering for him will ensure our other defenders endure a torrid time.

lloris had a very good game the last night, so he'll throw one in and all.

lamela will pass the ball directly to the opposition twelve times and i will still have to listen to praise for his effort.

2-1 loss

form doesnt matter for two reasons

i. they raise their game for us

ii. teams dont beat us by playing well. they just sit back and wait for the mistake.

prediction: aurier to let us down again all game and the stress of covering for him will ensure our other defenders endure a torrid time.

lloris had a very good game the last night, so he'll throw one in and all.

lamela will pass the ball directly to the opposition twelve times and i will still have to listen to praise for his effort.

2-1 loss

3-1 victory for us. Aurier with an assist. Delle and Kane brace.

im the yin to your yang joe :-)

• Advertisement

im the yin to your yang joe :-)

please this is a family tread

what you do with Joes yang is your own business;)

my gawd some people just live in the gutter eh

please this is a family tread

what you do with Joes yang is your own business;)

Well my nickname is Bronze, because I always come third.

anyway back to basics

can see us winning tonight but I dont know if I can watch Aurier for 90 mins

Lamela has to start on bench and I d love to see ndombele get 90 mins

1-0 Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Line up.
    Lorris
    Aurier Sanchez Dier Davies
    Sissouko lo celso
    Moura Alli son
    Kane

Coys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Decent enough bench imo.
    Gazza Toby Jan winks Ndomble sessingon Lamela Fernandez Bergwjin.

two nothing crosses and we're all at sea each time

ugh

aurier, our right back, offside from a sweeping pass from the back there

this is stupidity for the sake of stupidity

drop this fool and get anyone in who we dont have to accommodate, the world is full of right backs who can do a decent job.

why have we got to get clever about the basics ffs

What a ball by Sanchez.... not. WTF sort of pass was that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement