Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2023/24

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Barr wrote: »
    Absolutely delighted to hear Giroud has been extended . Great bit of business.

yeah , was great to see him charging onto the pitch last weekend celebrating . he scored some very important goals in the CL campaign

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

After Haaland apparently, that would be some signing. Don’t think it will happen but we are a very attractive proposition at the moment. Champions League winners building a quality young team with a world class manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Johner wrote: »
    After Haaland apparently, that would be some signing. Don’t think it will happen but we are a very attractive proposition at the moment. Champions League winners building a quality young team with a world class manager.

I could see Chelsea signing him this summer if they stump up the cash.. They are current European Champions, have good young squad, a great manager and more importantly they have the money. Could see Haaland doing 3 or 4 seasons there before moving on to Spain..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    I could see Chelsea signing him this summer if they stump up the cash.. They are current European Champions, have good young squad, a great manager and more importantly they have the money. Could see Haaland doing 3 or 4 seasons there before moving on to Spain..

If Chelsea pay 150m and more importantly his wages, I'd be shocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

There is plenty of money after winning the CL , we should go all out.

There's always plenty of money, we spent about 250m last year.

If we signed a CB and Halaand (we'll say), that's probably about 180m alone.

CB isnt that much of a concern right now but needs to be sorted when Silva calls it a day, which could be easily next season.

Rest of the team is pretty strong, I'd be pissed if we blow any money on Rice, don't think he's good enough for Chelsea at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

After a brace tonight Giroud is just 5 goals away from being France's top scorer. He overtook Platini tonight into 2nd place!

With many players approaching burnout after such an intense season Deschamps may well end up thanking both Lampard and Tuchel for using him so sparingly.

If Benzema is fit he'll start every game but Giroud is a great option to spring from the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

GavRedKing wrote: »
    If Benzema is fit he'll start every game but Giroud is a great option to spring from the bench.

I'm not really following the French setup, but I'd have thought Giroud's place was safe, he did already lead them to World Cup glory

Benzema is obviously a fantastic player but Giroud has years of chemistry with Greizmann, Mbappe et al which I'd have thought counted for more

I'm not really following the French setup, but I'd have thought Giroud's place was safe, he did already lead them to World Cup glory

Benzema is obviously a fantastic player but Giroud has years of chemistry with Greizmann, Mbappe et al which I'd have thought counted for more

I don't think he scored in that WC but Deschamps does fancy him.

I'd reckon if Benzema is fit though he'll lead France.

• Advertisement

I remember that but as a function for Mbappe and Griezmann he did enough then

Will be interesting to see anyway, we have him for another year as our own super sub at least

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

he did not score /Giroud/, but had assist against Argentina

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Carpentry wrote: »
    he did not score /Giroud/, but had assist against Argentina

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Giroud meant to be allowed move for free to ac milian. Nice of chelsea again for players that are good as he can earn more with no signing fee.
    Shows why players seem to always like chelsea as they look after them well. Less said of mutu as still waiting for him to pay.

He only signed an extension with us so I'm surprised it would be a free but he's not going to play much for us it seems anyway, probably more than Tammy but not as much as he'd like id guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

He only signed an extension with us so I'm surprised it would be a free but he's not going to play much for us it seems anyway, probably more than Tammy but not as much as he'd like id guess.

Report could be bull but said if he didn't play in England free transfer was the terms. Hope it goes well for him as was a great asset to chelsea of under used.

Halaand, be grand.

>>
    <<

Halaand, be grand.

>>
    <<

I get the hype, but last time we brought in bagging goals german ... lewandowski on the other hand :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Tough start, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs away, Man City home in 4 of our first 6 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Killinator

Tough start, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs away, Man City home in 4 of our first 6 games.

Being optimistic it is a great opportunity to lay down a marker for the rest of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Yeah we'll know fairly lively what state we're in anyway, need to pick up some big wins early on if we're going to keep City on their toes for the year.

Good to get Arsenal and Liverpool out of the way in those first few games, we can focus on those games alone with no CL midweek which will impact the Spurs and City games

The Super Cup vs Villareal is on 11th Aug so good to get it out of the way before the first game, the Palace game will more than likely be on the Sunday as a consequence

The Club World Cup will also screw things a little come December, as will the African Cup of Nations in January where we'll lose Mendy and Ziyech

Run in is far more forgiven but it's the toughest start we've had in a long, long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

peteeeed wrote: »

Big mistake excellent player - don't know what happened with him and lamps but there should never have been a sale clause. He would be great in the TT set up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,068 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Gilmour was excellent for Scotland yesterday, Mount was ok in an awful England performance and James had an off day I thought.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭peter4918

Not just based on last night but surely we have to keep Gilmore next season and not be wasting ridiculous money on the likes of Rice. Gilmour is getting better and better every game he plays.

peter4918 wrote: »
    Not just based on last night but surely we have to keep Gilmore next season and not be wasting ridiculous money on the likes of Rice. Gilmour is getting better and better every game he plays.

I agree and hopefully Tuchel can see it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Billy Gilmour tests positive for Covid. Really disappointing for him.

• Advertisement

Techless wrote: »

the england team is safe as they didn't get near him

Techless wrote: »

Bloody hell, not the first time he's had a setback after a top performance

His injury at the end of last season set him back a good bit, prob lost him 6 months of his development

Hopefully he doesn't get it bad like Havertz and he's back in pre season fit and raring to go

Chelsea have named a suite at Stamford Bridge after Paul Canoville. Reading the article on the website made me well up.

https://link.chelseafc.com/GfdHedYvghb

peteeeed wrote: »

Pete, that tweeter is not welcome on this forum or any other. Desist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Pete, that tweeter is not welcome on this forum or any other. Desist.

Do you mind me asking why he is not welcome?

he has a problem with his face as he's a shallow little boy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,824 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Have we signed Haaaaaaaaaland yet

• Advertisement

Panthro wrote: »
    Have we signed Haaaaaaaaaland yet

yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Killinator

Billy gone to Norwich on loan

I hope we don't block Billy's path to the first team by signing another young player or player in their prime

Kante, Jorginho and Kovacic are good as first choice options for the 2 6's, I dunno if Conor Gallagher will be an option for the year or if he'll go out on loan, ditto for Ampadu

Not sure who or what profile of a guy would be best to fill the role as 4th choice, between the likes of Christensen, Mount and James we have enough cover for a series of injuries past a 4th choice actual centre mid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I hope we don't block Billy's path to the first team by signing another young player or player in their prime

Kante, Jorginho and Kovacic are good as first choice options for the 2 6's, I dunno if Conor Gallagher will be an option for the year or if he'll go out on loan, ditto for Ampadu

Not sure who or what profile of a guy would be best to fill the role as 4th choice, between the likes of Christensen, Mount and James we have enough cover for a series of injuries past a 4th choice actual centre mid

I can't see it being Ampadu, Gallagher might have earned a shot though. Also Kante and Jorginho aren't getting any younger so even with a new signing I wouldn't expect that to hamper BillyG too much. I'm still not sure that Norwich was the right spot for him though, he's going to have to really standout there the justify a spot with us next year. How many relegation team players would we normally look at to buy in any given year?

hots wrote: »
    I can't see it being Ampadu, Gallagher might have earned a shot though. Also Kante and Jorginho aren't getting any younger so even with a new signing I wouldn't expect that to hamper BillyG too much. I'm still not sure that Norwich was the right spot for him though, he's going to have to really standout there the justify a spot with us next year. How many relegation team players would we normally look at to buy in any given year?

Kante and Jorginho still have 3 years minimum though I'd imagine in them, can't expect Billy to sit and wait behind them plus others we might get in the meantime

If Mount can come in from a Derby team that reached the playoffs, and Reece James from a relegation threatened Wigan in the Championship, I have no concerns about Gilmour going to Norwich in the PL

I am basically stalked by a Spoofer on WhatsApp who constantly sends me his tweets in the most unreadable irritating format you could imagine where I just see the image and have to open another app to read. It is incessant and I can't bear to lose this space to it too. I tried blocking him but it doesn't affect group posts and I love the rest of my Chelsea WhatsApp group ðŸ˜.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

So Tomori gone to Milan looks like Guehi off to Palace this Saar guy needs to be good as the first two are whopping mistakes but his lack of playing time at Porto last season is not a source of inspiration. So far this is a very poor window - ok the Euro's got in the way but a warm fuzzy feeling I have not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,824 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

No Haaland no cry

• Advertisement

Advertisement