Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round zero date?

Options
  • 04-05-2021 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Is this likely to be 9th August? I'm trying to figure out my notice for my job if I get in. I know noone really knows.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭hcoben111

Mid-July Round A offers for certain Non-Standard categories of applicants - applicants receive an offer by e-mail and SMS text

google cao dates

• Registered Users Posts: 33 humboldt

Idk if this is helpful, but from checking my emails I see that last year I had recieved and accepted my offer on 8/8/20

The CAO also sent me an email with the offers and acceptances schedule (again, last year) on 20/7/20. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 coopersock

Round Zero was later than usual last year to account for all of the various delays the CAO and colleges had to deal with due to COVID. They sent an email out in June that stated: 'Due to the recent government measures introduced to control the spread of Covid-19 Coronavirus there are some changes to offer dates.' Round Zero in 2020 was Saturday the 8th of August. Judging from previous years, their preference is to do it earlier in August and on a Thursday:

2019: Thursday 1st August
    2018: Thursday 2nd August
    2017: Thursday 3rd August
    2016: Thursday 4th August
    2015: Thursday 30th July

If the CAO are under less pressure this year (which I assume they are), they will revert back to their favoured day of Thursday - 29th of July seems early so I would say Thursday 5th August.

Advertisement