Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-02-2020, 10:10   #16
Cape Clear

Quote:
Originally Posted by clio_16v View Post
With Iberdrola

Annual charge: 153 +vat Total 173
Unit rate: 13.39c +vat Total 15.2c
PSO levy: 41.76 +vat Total 47.4
How have you find these guys to deal with and how long is your contract?
Advertisement
06-02-2020, 10:55   #17
Macer123

I'm with Energia just over a year, phoned yesterday to renew and was offered 11% off Electricity & 10% off Gas.
Told them that I wasn't particularly interested in changing every year and to give me their best available rate.
Put on hold for 2 minutes, so that he could check with Supervisor, came back and was offered 28% (.1439) & 27% (.00456) off.
Happy to renew.
06-02-2020, 10:58   #18
$hifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Clear View Post
Also with Energia and getting a 35% discount on the 19.98 which works out at 0.12987unit rate or 14.7cents including vat.
Out of interest, how did you figure out the discount? Was it in an email or letter they sent? I can't find anything in the "my account" section online.

Edit: Just manually calculated it there myself and seems to be working out at between 34 and 35%
06-02-2020, 11:03   #19
Quinnie

Leex- We have an oil burner with the old fashioned timer ( pull out the little pins on the 24hr clock system) Can this timer simply be replaced with the Hive/Climote etc? Thanks!!
06-02-2020, 11:10   #20
leex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinnie View Post
Leex- We have an oil burner with the old fashioned timer ( pull out the little pins on the 24hr clock system) Can this timer simply be replaced with the Hive/Climote etc? Thanks!!
If existing switch/timer is mounted on a single gang plate on wall then one part of the HIVE system will replace this.
Advertisement
06-02-2020, 11:16   #21
Cape Clear

Quote:
Originally Posted by $hifty View Post
Out of interest, how did you figure out the discount? Was it in an email or letter they sent? I can't find anything in the "my account" section online.

Edit: Just manually calculated it there myself and seems to be working out at between 34 and 35%
I negotiated it 11 months ago when my last contract was up at that stage I think I had been getting a 30% discount. The fun and games will start again in early March. The current rate is about the 3rd best in the market at the moment so I will be pushing for a 40% discount. I did have to start the process of switching last year before the gave me the better discount.
Thanks from:
06-02-2020, 14:25   #22
ted1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife crisis man View Post
Why would anyone need this. Just set the timer on the central heating like people have been doing for years.

Omg cool with the hive we can change temperature via our phones.

How often if ever do people adjust their thermostat?

As pointless as those Google nest yokes.
It’s better to be thought the fool than open your mouth and prove you are.

Those old timers are dumb, so dumb if you are out for the day they’ll heat your house when they don’t need too
(5) thanks from:
06-02-2020, 21:22   #23
dodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife crisis man View Post
Why would anyone need this. Just set the timer on the central heating like people have been doing for years.

Omg cool with the hive we can change temperature via our phones.

How often if ever do people adjust their thermostat?

As pointless as those Google nest yokes.
Mock what one fails to understand.
(4) thanks from:
13-02-2020, 19:02   #24
emy

Energia is a scam, their "cheapest dual fuel", is much more expensive compared with Electric Ireland standard option.
For instance, for 530 m3 electric Ireland charged 230 euro, Energia, for 404m3 charged 350 euro - 100 discount =250.
Advertisement
17-02-2020, 16:46   #25
Sure Thing

Just renewed with Energia, Electricity only.
Was on 26% off last year, was offered same again for this which I refused. Signed up 10days ago with Bord Gais as they wouldn't give me the 36% offer that new customers can get. Now 4 days before the 14 day cool off finishes Energia came back and offered me 35% off and a free Google Home
17-02-2020, 17:37   #26
Dinging

Discounts mean sh*t. Look at the actual rates your supplier is proposing. My Energia contract expired last September so the discounted rates no longer applied. Got nicely stung for the heavy winter period with out of contract rates. I find changing suppliers a real pain and was genuniely shocked the the bills that landed mid January.

Found this crowd https://www.energybroker.ie/, they signed me up to Iberdrola and every renewal they will shop around for me for the best rate. We will have to see how that works out but Iberdrola rates were considerablly cheaper that Energia. No connection to Energybrokers just a customer.
17-02-2020, 17:59   #27
Sure Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinging View Post
Discounts mean sh*t. Look at the actual rates your supplier is proposing. My Energia contract expired last September so the discounted rates no longer applied. Got nicely stung for the heavy winter period with out of contract rates. I find changing suppliers a real pain and was genuniely shocked the the bills that landed mid January.

Found this crowd https://www.energybroker.ie/, they signed me up to Iberdrola and every renewal they will shop around for me for the best rate. We will have to see how that works out but Iberdrola rates were considerablly cheaper that Energia. No connection to Energybrokers just a customer.
Always important to make a note of your plan expiry date, I was a week or two late but they backdated it without an issue. Quite agree look at the rate not the discount,worked out fine for me and a nice freebie to boot
17-02-2020, 19:18   #28
paska

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue97 View Post
I am with Bord Gais for heating and light and I got an email from Onebigswitch.ie offering a discount and free hive if I sign up with Bord Gais. The offer is available to Bord Gais current customers as well from what they said.

https://onebigswitch.ie/offers/energ...utm_term=text1
Only switched a few weeks ago. Do you think I can claim the hive stuff?
17-02-2020, 19:23   #29
Wildly Boaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Clear View Post
How have you find these guys to deal with and how long is your contract?
With iberdrola since November.
Pleasure so far.
Changing was painless.
Couple issues with their app.
Live chat sorted no bother.

App is reasonable.
Has your bill and their meter reading, estimated or actual.
Every 5 or 6 weeks you can input yourself to app, this keeps the estimates tight.
(2) thanks from:
05-03-2020, 11:26   #30
Spider Rico

Just got offer 28%/29% renewal discount on Energia. Looks like there's better value out their for switching based of their standard rates, so I have a month to shop around before contract expires - let's see if they back to me with something better in the meantime.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion