Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help me put a name on my paint colour

• 02-07-2019 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

I had skirting, architrave etc painted by a contractor a few years ago. I need to touch up some spots and paint s new rad cover but I can't remember the name of the colour he used. He has since passed away so I can't get it that way.

He told me the name of it at the time but I didn't write it down.

It's pretty common I think.

It's an off white colour

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Chicken George

Magnolia is very common, or just look up the paint charts of all the main paint brands to see if a name or similar colour clicks with ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Probably French White? By colortrend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

batman1 wrote: »
    I had skirting, architrave etc painted by a contractor a few years ago. I need to touch up some spots and paint s new rad cover but I can't remember the name of the colour he used. He has since passed away so I can't get it that way.

You could try a medium.
    He told me the name of it at the time but I didn't write it down.

It's pretty common I think.

It's an off white colour

Off white is pretty common indeed. So common that every paint manufacturer in the world has quite a few shades in it within their range.

Your best bet is to get an off white and paint the affected skirting/architraves in total rather than touch up (which, due to age discolouration, won't match, even if you did get the right paint). Quick rub down with an emery sponge, paint, done. Its not a big project.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Navajo White was a pretty standard contractor paint colour a few years ago, used for it's versatility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Country cream would be another, (I think its 08c31)
    But some places offer a service where if you bring in a piece of the paint (little bit of trim or skirting) they'll scan it and try to match it,
    The catch is it'll be no good for a spot touch up, the paint will have discoloured/ changed a bit over time, and wouldn't be an exact match. but if youre giving a quick coat to a section it'll do..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement
Advertisement