Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin postcards by Bryanston Galleries

Options
  • 09-06-2019 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭

Bryanston Galleries

bryanston-galleries-ltd.-dublin-1.jpg

Anybody know anything about this postcard publisher operating in the 1970s from an address at 13 Lower Baggot Street, D.2.?

Who was the artist?

Thanks. :)

https://irishpostcards.wordpress.com/publishers/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Elixxe

I'm not an expert and the following is based on Ebay and Google searches.

My guess is that the artist of the O'Connell Bridge view is Gladys Leach. She was a Cork based artist who died in 2014, aged 97 years.

There are Gladys Leach postcards for many buildings in the Cork area for sale on Ebay. They have a clear 'Leach' signature.

These are very similar in style to the O'Connell Bridge postcard!

On the other hand, there are other Bryanston Galleries views also on Ebay. Examples are for the Bank of Ireland, Dublin, and River Liffey and Four Courts. These are initialed 'CB' or 'COB'.

There is a large range of Irish artists on the website 'Art for Art's Sake', with a selection of their paintings and artwork. But none that I can find with initials CB or COB, that might match the postcard artist's work.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Thanks, I am fairly sure that they aren't by Gladys Leach but I will investigate further. :)

Advertisement