Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TAMS

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭DJ98

Is it correct that in order to get a fixed sheep race under the grant you must get planning permission?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,043 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Herself and I are in a joint herd number with both of us with greencerts, would we get the 60% grant

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Herself and I are in a joint herd number with both of us with greencerts, would we get the 60% grant

Are ye classed as young farmers. I’m under 40 and went for a grant of 60% but was told I had the herd number over 5 years. So not a young farmer anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Neighbour did a tams job last year ,wife under 40 did the green cert so he could get the full 60% ,I presume he must have signed the place over to her:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,043 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Are ye classed as young farmers. I’m under 40 and went for a grant of 60% but was told I had the herd number over 5 years. So not a young farmer anymore.

Ya we are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

cute geoge wrote: »
    Neighbour did a tams job last year ,wife under 40 did the green cert so he could get the full 60% ,I presume he must have signed the place over to her:D:D:D

The young farmer will need to be very clued in about the farm and be able to answer plenty of questions about the day to day running of the farm as part of the procedure to draw down the 60% grant, I only went through all that afew months ago. I had no bother answering everything because I am running the farm here, but if anyone thinks they can just let a spouse or other family member without much actual involvement with the farm draw down the 60% grant they will be in for a shock when it comes to that part!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭DJ98

Submitted a tams application during the week, how long will I have to wait before I hear back from the department? Application only related to mobile equipment, no building.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Jim Simmental

Just recently done the same as above, any rough time frame for mobile equipment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Aravo

Might be no harm contacting the local AES office to check up on things next month. Submitted a fencing grant there recently. The things they check for is unreal. Folio maps showing ownership, bank details on transactions etc. All fencing stake cert to be completed. Got a beautiful letter back on first fencing grant application. Eventually got the grant. Have had no problems with other applications other than waiting, a call I find helps matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Tileman

Yea just pulling all the paperwork together for nee shed at moment. The amount of paper work is mind boggling.

I need to do lease as where I build shed is on dads portfolio. Solicitor looking for 400€ to do standard Ifa lease. Robbery I think.

anyone else do it themselves. I’d there much to it to lodge with revenue .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Make sure that you have the lease for a full 5 years from when you submit the claim. Got caught on that one with replacement slats a few years ago. Easy to sort with an extension. But further cost.

Could be done without a solicitor, but would require a bit of research to make sure the boxes are ticked. If the solicitor did all of the below for €400 it would be money well spent

The lease has to have stamp duty paid if under 6 years, but a very small amount think it's 1% of the rent. Can be done on ROS bit has to be done within a month of signing the lease, also has to be done if you have an exemption aswell. You could do yourself or get the accountant to do this side of it.

Finally the lease has to be registered with PSRA and this is easy and free. Can be easily done online

Advertisement