Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US congresswomen refuse to condemn brutal attack on ICE facility.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

notobtuse wrote: »
    They got caught. Plain and simple. Everyone knows you can't claim two primary residences on your taxes. And if, which is a huuuge if, she and her husband didn't know it then she has no place being in our Congress which creates these laws.

When Trump furnishes his taxes we'll know if he has any business being in your whitehouse.
    Racism aside of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

If you ever needed an excuse to stop listening to the left it’s now :D

Listen to them going crazy over a law created by the Clinton administration :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

They got caught. Plain and simple. Everyone knows you can't claim two primary residences on your taxes. And if, which is a huuuge if, she and her husband didn't know it then she has no place being in our Congress which creates these laws.

As already pointed out - the house was declared as a rental. If there had been an intent to defraud, it wouldn’t have been, and the tax amount saved was so trivial as to make the suggestion that there was an intention to deceive ridiculous. It was a mistake on the part of Tlaib’s husband - which the county accepted. No law breaking was claimed. No charges were made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

mad muffin wrote: »
    If you ever needed an excuse to stop listening to the left it’s now :D

Just two blocks of left and right is it?
    I assume the KKK put you off listening to the right so?

Just two blocks of left and right is it?
    I assume the KKK put you off listening to the right so?

Ha?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Back to Donnie's tweet on the percentage of people killed by black people. The real figures are laid out here

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/nov/23/donald-trump/trump-tweet-blacks-white-homicide-victims/

Staying on this, imagine if Ilhan Omar had tweeted that but replaced the word "blacks" with "jews"

notobtuse and co definitely wouldn't be on here claiming it was undeniable proof that Omar is anti-semetic

No siree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

Ilhan Omar is a Racist and anti-semetic. This is the state of the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Odhinn wrote: »
    I've already gone into sufficient detail, as have others. Given your known views on "feminists" I doubt anything is going to shift you.

My "known views on feminists"? :P

Talk about scraping the barrel, and oh, that should be 'known views on radical feminists' by the way as I have a lot of time for feminists of old (which you would know had you been paying attention over the years) and also the newer ones too who haven't lost their minds and become far left radicals.

Feminists such as Camille Paglia, Christina Hoff Sommers for example. Speaking of which, I do like what Camille had to say here recently:
    If the economy continues strong, Trump will be reelected. The Democrats (my party) have been in chaos since the 2016 election and have no coherent message except Trump hatred. Despite the vast pack of potential candidates, no one yet seems to have the edge. I had high hopes for Kamala Harris, but she missed a huge opportunity to play a moderating, statesmanlike role and has already imprinted an image of herself as a ruthless inquisitor that will make it hard for her to pull voters across party lines.

Screechy Elizabeth Warren has never had a snowball’s chance in hell to appeal beyond upper-middle-class professionals of her glossy stripe. Kirsten Gillibrand is a wobbly mediocrity. Cory Booker has all the gravitas of a cork. Andrew Cuomo is a yapping puppy with a long, muddy bullyboy tail. Both Bernie Sanders (for whom I voted in the 2016 primaries) and Joe Biden (who would have won the election had Obama not cut him off at the knees) are way too old and creaky.

Most Democrats have wildly underestimated Trump from the get-go. I was certainly surprised at how easily he mowed down 17 other candidates in the GOP primaries. He represents widespread popular dissatisfaction with politics as usual. Both major US parties are in turmoil and metamorphosis, as their various factions war and realign. The mainstream media’s nonstop assault on Trump has certainly backfired by cementing his outsider status. He is basically a pragmatic deal-maker, indifferent to ideology. As with Bolsonaro in Brazil, Trump rose because of decades of failure by the political establishment to address urgent systemic problems, including corruption at high levels. Democrats must hammer out their own image and agenda and stop self-destructively insulting half the electorate by treating Trump like Satan

The Democrats are the gift that keep on giving :D

Oh and yeah…

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

When Trump furnishes his taxes we'll know if he has any business being in your whitehouse.
    Racism aside of course.

alastair wrote: »
    As already pointed out - the house was declared as a rental. If there had been an intent to defraud, it wouldn’t have been, and the tax amount saved was so trivial as to make the suggestion that there was an intention to deceive ridiculous. It was a mistake on the part of Tlaib’s husband - which the county accepted. No law breaking was claimed. No charges were made.

Well then, let's go with the democrat plan. I guess there is no need for Trump to provide his taxes. He doesn't do them and hires the best professionals. Plus he gets audited every year, and he HASN'T GOTTEN CAUGHT. Plus, for good measure let's stop all the investigation/impeachment nonsense. Since there was no collusion, there can't possibly be obstruction. And since he hasn't gotten caught on anything, no need to look into anything. I really like playing this democrat 'no harm - no foul' game.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Back to Donnie's tweet on the percentage of people killed by black people. The real figures are laid out here

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/nov/23/donald-trump/trump-tweet-blacks-white-homicide-victims/

Staying on this, imagine if Ilhan Omar had tweeted that but replaced the word "blacks" with "jews"

notobtuse and co definitely wouldn't be on here claiming it was undeniable proof that Omar is anti-semetic

No siree
    We’re using the Rashida Tlaib Excuse Clause for the rest of the day. So it doesn’t matter if figures Trump tweeted were wrong or right... those are the numbers he thought were correct. No harm, no foul. Time to forget all about it and move along.

And by the way I think the image is important as it was responding to all the accusations, ad nauseum, that overwhelmingly white cops kill the majority of blacks. Has Omar claimed Blacks have mostly been killed at the hands of Jews?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

No siree
    We’re using the Rashida Tlaib Excuse Clause for the rest of the day. So it doesn’t matter if figures Trump tweeted were wrong or right... those are the numbers he thought were correct. No harm, no foul. Time to forget all about it and move along.
    But Rashida Tlaib...

But Rashida Tlaib...
    Yes... the gold standard of politicians, correct?

But Rashida Tlaib...
    Yes... the gold standard of politicians, correct?
    If you say so

If you say so
    It’s your side that’s saying that. I’m really beginning to like her. As a politician you can do anything, say anything, legal or not, racist or not, anti-semitic or not, and you need to be forgiven, protected and put on a pedestal. If we apply the same standards to Trump... no recourse, right? And anybody who does attack, we find a way to vilify them.

Tell me aoc and the Democrats aren’t just a bunch of scumbags.
    Absolutely shameful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Tell me aoc and the Democrats aren’t just a bunch of scumbags.
    Absolutely shameful.

They've always been scumbags. The great thing about Trump's presidency is these idiots are now exposing themselves for the world to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@mad muffin - please don’t just dump YouTube video links. Try and offer some actual discussion.

dudara

Do not discuss moderator instruction in thread. Please contact a mod directly or open a thread in the Help Desk if you wish to discuss.

dudara

Fair enough. My bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Damn, Rashida didn't even say he could leave if he wanted. Nope, just straight out call for his deportation.

https://twitter.com/RashidaTlaib/status/674012915062718467

• Advertisement

Damn, Rashida didn't even say he could leave if he wanted. Nope, just straight out call for his deportation.

https://twitter.com/RashidaTlaib/status/674012915062718467

<video dump snipped>

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod:

mad muffin - you were warned about the video dumps before. I'm simply going to delete any future posts that are nothing but a link to yet another youtube video.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

Racism aside of course.

..and again

Any chance we could have some moderation in relation to the overuse and improper bandying about of the word "racist"?

Especially when there's no proof to back the assertion?

You gotta be absolutising kidding me. I’m responding to a post with a video. Wtf is going on here is an absolute disgrace.

100% disgrace.

Your sjw virtue signaling is a disgrace.

You’re out of order. This hole thread is out of order. You want the truth?! You can’t handle the truth!!

You gotta be absolutising me. I’m responding to a post with a video. Wtf is going on here is an absolute disgrace.

100% disgrace.

I got a warning for mentioning autism earlier yet i've been called a racist ON THREAD about 20 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭Odhinn

I got a warning for mentioning autism earlier yet i've been called a racist ON THREAD about 20 times.

You believe that white and black folk are equal?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,242 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

You gotta be absolutising kidding me. I’m responding to a post with a video. Wtf is going on here is an absolute disgrace.

100% disgrace.

Your sjw virtue signaling is a disgrace.

You’re out of order. This hole thread is out of order. You want the truth?! You can’t handle the truth!!

:pac:

I love the parody accounts.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/03/04/ilhan-omar-isnt-naive-shes-prejudiced/

Omar holds very questionable, highly prejudiced views. And in the past, leftist opponents of racial thinking and conspiracism would have recognised this. Omar has pushed numerous tropes that echo old anti-Semitic views. She infamously argued in 2012 that ‘Israel has hypnotised the world’. She called upon Allah to ‘awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel’. This view of Jewish power as hypnotic, as casting a spell over the non-Jewish world, is a central anti-Semitic trope. It has fuelled virtually every conspiracy theory about Jewish power. The wily Jew, we are told, is behind everything from the execution of Christ right through to the Iraq War of 2003. He’s always there, hypnotising people, tempting them to ‘evil doings’.

The left’s apologism for Omar’s racially charged tropes exposes the limits to its claims to be against hateful prejudice. When it comes to the problem of Muslim anti-Semitism, which is rising in Europe in particular, they turn away. Worse, they actively demonise anyone who talks about it. There is an ironically racist streak to their discomfort with criticising Muslim anti-Semitism: they seem to think Muslims cannot really be prejudiced because… well, why? Because they’re mostly non-white? Because they’re a minority? Because they’re good, innocent people? These are all naive, infantilising views, based on a conception of Muslims as pure and child-like and beyond criticism, which is as racist a view of Muslims as that which says they are a corrupting force in Western nations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,641 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Thread is an absolute mess.

"News" / Video Dump, extension of peoples Twitter accounts.

Needs to be killed ASAP.

Advertisement