Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me get rid of mice in semi D between floors.

Options
  • 21-07-2019 2:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6

I rent in a semi D and have had mice for a year now. First I noticed a a scratching sound near the base of the floor in the living room. I could see movement in behind the tv unit. He was going back in so I don't know here he is going because I can hear them in the all and behind the fireplace too!

I put some traps around and was sitting in the same location and heard the trap go in the kitchen and got one! I don't know how they got there...

I have put them around since and nothing!
    s
    I can hear them scratching and currying around between the ground floor and upstairs floor...ho can they do this? I can hear them behind the fireplace scratching too!

I can hear like...little stones or something falling don inside the wall..

I can't see where they are getting in! I don't see any place outside...

BTW I haven't seen any mouse near the base of the tv unit since lat year but I can still hear them in the all behind the fireplace..

What can I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Get a Cat

21/25

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 Moue1

uch wrote: »
    Get a Cat

1. I'm only renting here so not interested in a pet.
    2. There is a stray cat that is often around the house.

I just don't understand how they got up there?

Accessing the attic is awkward. I stuck my head up there but it's a no go area for me being only a renter.

I don't know much about the construction of houses, how they can be between the floors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭hesker

Look for any accessible spots in your outside. Gaps in soffitt and fascia. Gaps at the esb meter box. If they can get into the cavity there will usually be a spot where the timber joists between floors are set into the walls where there is a hole for them to enter. Shouldn’t be but often is.

Once there they often get inside where your central heating pipes come up through timber floors. There are many other ways I’m sure.

Check other posts here for how to get rid. Seal up all food. Bait with peanut butter and use humane traps if you’re so inclined.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,087 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

You could try those plugin sonic thingies but I had a mouse that would run along the skirting below it :(

The hole it was getting in was about the same size as a 10c coin, so they can get in *anywhere*!

The little bugger was eating a protein bar that was foil wrapped...no idea how he smelt it!

Advertisement