Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone know why my ivy houseplant seems to be dying?

• 20-07-2019 7:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭

Hey all, got 2 ivy houseplants in the past few months and the oldest one seems to be wilting lately. The leaves are drying out, going brown/yellow in places and dropping off. They're both different typed of ivy (got them in dunnes and haven't a clue which they were!).

I've been careful not to under or overwater them and they're just out of direct sunlight. I'm not sure what else to do as I don't want the other one to go this way too. I don't think it's spider mites as I can't see any web, but I sprayed it just in case.

Any other ideas would be gret. Or is this just to do with this type of ivy? I doesn't look awful, just not as green and it's dried out so I want to make sure I nip it in the bud (so to speak) before it gets any worse!

I'm a new user (re-regged for this!) so can't add pics.

Any advice would be great. I'm not exactly a green fingers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,767 ✭✭✭✭looksee

My experience of ivy as a houseplant is pretty much what you are describing. It really is not a houseplant, it will grow outdoors (for preference) and survive all kinds of weather and conditions, but doesn't much like being in a house. I think it may be that the air is too dry for it. I suggest putting it outdoors - not in full sun - for a few days, water it well and see does it pick up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

It might be worth misting it regularly- the atmosphere in homes can be so dry, that regular watering on it's own might not be enough. It does sound like a moisture deficit so it would be worth trying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭PoisonIvyBelle

Thanks a lot everyone, I'll try all of these! They're such gorgeous plants I'm reclutant to give up on it!

Advertisement