Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rate the race - Round 10 Silverstone

• 14-07-2019 11:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,394 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry a bit late with posting the thread

Rate the race 27 votes

0%
    0%
    11%
    elperellopjohnsonDon Juan II 3 votes
    44%
    Zaphjv2000InquitusGhost Trainskipper_GHarikaAutosportAnjobeAMKCseamusk84the_pen_turnerInviere 12 votes
    22%
    Dont be at yourselfGrim.2011Spudman_20000Anesthetized8491prj5boyvg 6 votes
    11%
    easyeddiemickdwHa Long Bay 3 votes
    7%
    LIGHTNINGFrank Bullitt 2 votes
    0%
    0%
    3%
    boccy23 1 vote
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

8 would be a 9 only for hamilton winning. once the hamilton got the lead there was no question who would win unless something qware happened

some brilliant racing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,465 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Good race but sickening to see Hamilton being handed the lead.
    I often think that teams don't quite give enough weight to the possible safety car in deciding pit strategy. Now I'm sure if I saw all the simulations the teams are running re strategy, I'd think differently but a long first stint if it can be made work gives a huge chance of picking up that free pit stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

mickdw wrote: »
    Good race but sickening to see Hamilton being handed the lead.
    I often think that teams don't quite give enough weight to the possible safety car in deciding pit strategy. Now I'm sure if I saw all the simulations the teams are running re strategy, I'd think differently but a long first stint if it can be made work gives a huge chance of picking up that free pit stop.

How exactly was he 'handed' the lead. It's quite obvious (certainly in this case) that teams give plenty of weight to the safety car in deciding pit strategy. It could just as easily have gone in favour of any other driver in the race, it simply happened at an opportune moment for Hamilton to profit from the safety car. He wasn't handed the win, he was simply lucky, just as much as Bottas was unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Great race with plenty of on track action. Knock a point down for the predictable winner and the shoddy camera work. 8 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭seamusk84

8 from me. Really enjoyed the Red Bull/Ferrari battles.
    Great also to see Ricardo getting solid performance from the Renault, and Kimi coming home in 8th.
    Things really came to a head for Vettel and it’s going to lead to much talk and speculation in the coming weeks.

Safety car spoilt the fun a bit ironically, and was disappointed with how it ruined Norris home race.
    In summary a very entertaining race if you look past 1st and 2nd!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭d8491prj5boyvg

Voted 7. It was very good, better than Austria IMO. Would have been an 8+ cracker only for SC and vettel, the Hamilton win dampened things significantly and the final third died down considerably. Hamilton's pit message to the crowd was pure cringe "i love you Silverstone".

Have come to love seeing verstappen on a charge. LeClerc has it in him too but Ferrari just hold him back.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I gave it a 7 as well. A pity about the safety car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

2011 wrote: »
    I gave it a 7 as well. A pity about the safety car.

Safety car wasn't the best for the race, I agree, but with Bottas's tyre choice at the pitstop he had made, he wasn't on a strategy that could have beaten Hamilton anyways, it just made the inevitable pass incredibly easy,

Advertisement