Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASTEC Mains Fault

Options
  • 19-07-2019 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

My neighbors ASTEC alarm seems to come up with Mains Fault when turned on. And then after a minute system power's itself down with key pad going dead.

Any suggestion on what could be potentially wrong? Tried factory reset link with no success.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you checked the mains fuse and the power supply?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 rking

Yes. The whole system comes on when it is turned on from the circuit breaker... and after a minute it powers itself down.

Checked AC Voltage and it is coming in to the control panel. Also checked input voltage on the board and it was reading 14V DC. This voltage remained same when the system was on and then even after it powered itself down.

Disconnected the battery and powered up the system, result was same... it powered itself down after a minute or so. When it is powered up, I am able to switch on the alarm with no issues.

Component failure on the PCB i.e capacitor etc.?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sounds like the PCB has had its day.
    If you are looking at upgrading it the GSD i1070 allows integration with existing Astec Sensors/Contacts.
    One thing to look for is a problem on the keypad cable. Try wire it on a short length of cable to the panel . Another thing to check is the battery leads are not getting snagged by the back of the PCB.

Thanks a million for the guidance.

Any luck getting life into it?

• Advertisement

No, looks like PCB / control panel needs to be replaced. Thanks.

The GSD i1070 will allow you to connect your existing windows/door sensors and contacts .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭McGrath5

I think I may need to replace my Astec alarm. The battery needs replacing, while i got another error yesterday, "Bell" was on the display and we were unable to set the alarm at all.

Can anybody advise, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭altor

McGrath5 wrote: »
    I think I may need to replace my Astec alarm. The battery needs replacing, while i got another error yesterday, "Bell" was on the display and we were unable to set the alarm at all.

Could be the old battery itself pulling down the bell.
    Id suggest replacing the battery and see if that sorts the issue.

McGrath5 wrote: »

Try it on mains power only with all the bells disconnected first. Then add the external bell and internal bell one by one & see if they come online.
    After that check the battery voltage and replace if its low..

• Advertisement
Advertisement