Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Supernatural - Season 14 *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,538 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fewedit.files.wordpress.com%2F2018%2F09%2Fsn_217216872182192121.jpg&w=1100&q=85

Michael Dean joins Peaky Blinders :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,513 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,891 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Returns tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Back with an almighty whimper. Didn't like the new King, thought the bar fight scene was poor with all the slo-mo crap, didn't think much of it overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Liamalone wrote: »
    Back with an almighty whimper. Didn't like the new King, thought the bar fight scene was poor with all the slo-mo crap, didn't think much of it overall.

The new wannabe king didn't last long anyway.I wonder if Crowley will end up making a comeback???
    The end of the episode hints at how Michael despises humans so much that he's willing to have his "new world" populated with monsters instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,459 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I think they should go out with a bang for this season.
    Dean would make an awesome baddie so just have Michael kill him and possess his body. That way Ackles is still in the game but now he's a real badass.
    Also ..you just know that Lucifer will be back since Pellegrino is still around or else he'll agree to be Michael's vessel in exchange for Dean's freedom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Squaredude

That bar scene was awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Crowley will end up making a comeback???

Very doubtful, from what ive read, his exit was forced and left some bad blood. Sadly, as he was one of the better remaining characters in it.. :(

Squaredude wrote: »
    That bar scene was awful

To me it was like the actors did it slo-mo and not utilizing any camera work whatsoever...it looked frakking terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,300 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

"We have to get Dean back! How will we do th... Ah, never mind"
    Reminds me of the resolution of the kidnapping in The West Wing

At least we got some continuation of Wayward Sisters, though would think they would ask why she wanted Claire dead.
    Still don't understand how they didn't order that spinoff yet gave another spinoff to Vampire Diaries

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,513 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I didn’t mind two and three. Cas got to do his Dad speech in the latter.

14.04 was fun with the cheapo 80s horror stuff and Dean’s enthusiasm for same. Is that the first time Sam has MacGyvered himself out of a jam? Glad comic book girl wasn’t killed for the sake of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,536 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Good one last night too. I wonder what the Djinn saw in Dean's head?

Just some hunters talking smack in front of civilians.

Thought I recognised that actor playing the daughter, she's agent MacLaren's wife, Kat, in Travellers.

Mr E wrote: »
    Good one last night too. I wonder what the Djinn saw in Dean's head?

Probably visions of hell, lucifer, Cain, Michael, the darkness and of course God.
    There’s a lot going on in Dean’s head :)

I hope they realise they can use Dean now. The Djinn thought he was Michael so why wouldn't others?

So if no knife dipped in lamb's blood, battering a djinn also kills them? Or are we to assume they finished the job off camera?

Jack was very funny in this weeks episode.

Jack was very funny in this weeks episode.

He's turning out to be an excellent addition..hopefully they keep him on and expand his story.
    I wonder how long it will take for this grace to restore and will he get any older ?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Arcsurvivor

Halloween episode was cheesy, but at least Dean got back to his normal form again. He wanted to go back to hunting, but still felt guilt about Michael's actions.

That was a great episode! Supernatural is great at balancing the light with the dark.

The abacus was such a cool idea - I think we'll see that again.
    Nice to see some old faces back too.

I think we're going to have heartbreak with Cas before the end of the season. :(

And that's how some guest stars should be done. Their names in the end credits.

Watching this after finishing Venom was strange. Next will watch the Tunguska episodes of X Files or the first movie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

CastorTroy wrote: »

Yes, was a great couple of surprises halfway through the episodes. I think the CW have gotten pretty good at not giving the whole game away in the opening credits to be fair - they did the same with Legends of Tomorrow earlier this season (despite it being announced during the summer that certain actors would be returning at some point) and with Arrow as well.

I was worried for a hot minute that we may have seen the last of Jack as a regular cast member, but glad that wasn't the case because I think Alexander Calvert has fit in really well with the Winchesters and Castiel since being introduced. It's weird to think he's only been around since last season - he feels part of the furniture at this stage.

Returning for episode 300, entitled "Lebanon", on February 7th 2019:
    Jeffrey Dean Morgan as John Winchester

CastorTroy wrote: »

Watching this after finishing Venom was strange. Next will watch the Tunguska episodes of X Files or the first movie

Who were the guest stars? Must've missed them

Who were the guest stars? Must've missed them

Amanda Tapping, Courtney Ford and Erica Cerra I would guess. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Erica Cerra was listed at the beginning, but Tapping and Ford were left as a surprise.

All fairly forgettable characters imo

I think I'm near done with the show, they've ran out of decent ideas and most of it is aul tosh this season. Michael and his storyline has taken a sabbatical with no indication of why, couple of poor standalone episodes in between and no doubt the Michael storyline will pick up again. Meh.

All fairly forgettable characters imo

I think I'm near done with the show, they've ran out of decent ideas and most of it is aul tosh this season. Michael and his storyline has taken a sabbatical with no indication of why, couple of poor standalone episodes in between and no doubt the Michael storyline will pick up again. Meh.

Have another beer Liam. I’m loving the Jack oriented storylines.

Blazer wrote: »
    Have another beer Liam. I’m loving the Jack oriented storylines.

I canny drink at work ya madman! I'm just not feeling it myself, I like Jack as a character and the premise but I think they've stretched it too thinly to make it last to the finale by the looks of it. When the aul bat in heaven said Cas deserved a reward I thought she was going to pull out a 3 litre bottle of ark angel grace to sort him out. Alas, twas not too be :( I know where Michael is, vaguely :(

I canny drink at work ya madman! I'm just not feeling it myself, I like Jack as a character and the premise but I think they've stretched it too thinly to make it last to the finale by the looks of it. When the aul bat in heaven said Cas deserved a reward I thought she was going to pull out a 3 litre bottle of ark angel grace to sort him out. Alas, twas not too be :( I know where Michael is, vaguely :(

Lol I thought the exact same thing about Cas getting a top up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Arcsurvivor

Michael reappears finally. The ending of last night's episode was a cliffhanger and who knows what they need to do to fix Dean.

I think we're going to have heartbreak with Cas before the end of the season. :(

Seems like it.

One of the most pirated shows around, btw. http://www.hollywoodnorth.buzz/2018/12/pirated-the-flash-arrow-supernatural-legends-of-tomorrow-in-top-ten-most-pirated-shows-of-2018.html

Returns tonight.

https://vimeo.com/311538572

Because I can...

Another nice returning character guesting this week.

They seem to be stacking this season with blasts from the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I used to watch this years ago, the first few series were really very good. Can't believe it's still going. Think I stopped around Seasons 3 or 4. Is it worth getting into? Would have thought it had descended into nonsense at this point?

It's one of the most consistent shows going.... You have some work to do to catch up though! Episode 300 is 3 weeks away and you're somewhere between 60 and 80. :)

As for this week - what was in the book? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I used to watch this years ago, the first few series were really very good. Can't believe it's still going. Think I stopped around Seasons 3 or 4. Is it worth getting into? Would have thought it had descended into nonsense at this point?

originally it was penned with a clear 5 year arc... You missed the best bits so.
    As to nonsense? What’s your point exactly ;)

Yeh there was maybe one stupid season but go with it, well worth watching if only for the likes of Scooby Doo and the Trickster.

Taltos wrote: »
    originally it was penned with a clear 5 year arc... You missed the best bits so.
    As to nonsense? What’s your point exactly ;)

Yeh there was maybe one stupid season but go with it, well worth watching if only for the likes of Scooby Doo and the Trickster.

I think he meant as when most shows go past 6-7 seasons they invariably turn ****e ie Bones, Castle etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

ah yeah I've nothing against the show, when I stopped watching it was still pretty good but I had binge watched 3 or 4 and was burned out, I would have expected this to run out of ideas long before now, I must watch at least to five.

Remember watching the first series thinking every episode was like a mini horror movie

gimli2112 wrote: »
    ah yeah I've nothing against the show, when I stopped watching it was still pretty good but I had binge watched 3 or 4 and was burned out, I would have expected this to run out of ideas long before now, I must watch at least to five.

Remember watching the first series thinking every episode was like a mini horror movie

definitely well worth picking it back up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Blazer wrote: »
    I think he meant as when most shows go past 6-7 seasons they invariably turn ****e ie Bones, Castle etc.
    Well 6 and 7 were dodge as hel but after them it improved again

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Yeah I’d start it again, some good season along the way. Few turkeys, but hard think of a show that’s been so good so long. This season is the weakest in a while! (Has potential but up and down)

I wanna know what the book says!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I wanna know what the book says!!!

I’d say Cas, Sam or Jack have to kill him,

FB on tap in the bar was presumably Family Business. The beer company run by Ackles and co.

Contentment...for Dean?

From this it seems we're lucky things lasted beyond the early years.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/01/16/supernatural-ew-cover-300-episodes/

Kurt Fuller back as Zachariah for it as well...he was fantastic in it and loved him in Psych.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,538 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

They should have let it finish after this series and it's haphazard stupidity.

They should have let it finish after this series and it's haphazard stupidity.

shush you!!! Have a drink instead.

I hear last nights episode was phenomenally good. Looking forward to watching it tonight. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement