Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My ultimate hangover cure. What's yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,490 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

I stopped reading at macros.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭moby2101

Take this down ....

It works

Coconut water in chicken broth heated and get it down ya

It tastes dreadful but it works EVERY time... years living and drinking away too much in Aus.
    I cant remember who told me but it is bulletproof

• Registered Users Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Two slices of Grilled cheese toast with rashers and scrambled egg and brown sauce. mug of tea, skips, strawberry ribena and a maxi twist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

pgj2015 wrote: »
    Two slices of Grilled cheese toast with rashers and scrambled egg and brown sauce. mug of tea, skips, strawberry ribena and a maxi twist.

That amount of sh!te would give you a hangover

The only hangover cure that actually works is having the “cure” i.e. drinking more. It absolutely 100% works, after one can/pint 90% of the hangover is suppressed and a few more will finish the job.

If in the pub in the morning, pints of good Guinness is a good cure but if at home you can’t beat ice cold orchard thieves, it has everything you need - alcohol, sugar and kills the thirst!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Haven't done a roll over since my J1.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I find plain old water help better than anything else. If I drink 2l of water when I get home from a night out I'll wake up feeling fine, no headache. If I forget to though it'll be a pretty gnarly day ahead of me. Really tough force feeding yourself that much water at 4am but SO worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭bilbot79

So learned yet you forget about the choline in milk and eggs

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Sudafed, full-sugar Irn Bru and something salty - various fried pork products work well, but in a push Walkers crisps have normally unpalatable salt levels. Clears the head and rebuilds electrolyte levels.

Doesn't work as well in my thirties as it did fifteen years ago; but back then I could get back to totally fine on a breakfast roll and two Benson. Its possible the B&H are the missing element but I'd prefer not to start smoking again to find out.

If you don't actually need to go out again, drop the meds and swap for the Homes Under The Hammer drinking game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

A mighty mac meal smoothie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Since starting back drinking I had one big hangover but i was mixing rum and beer. But since going back to good auld guinness I havent had a hangover. But fried eggs and hot sauce on toast fixes the dicky stomach.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Just jump in the ocean for 5 minutes. Sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

A lucozade sport, a shower and a walk

When you are really in Skagsville have a small glass of wine or sip on a spirit for the day. Just small amounts. The skag is alcohol leaving your system, you just need to limit it

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

I hop into the car and go tearing along country roads at 100+kph.
    Really clears my head.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

• Registered Users Posts: 13,885 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Nothing except time works really. Food or lucozade may offer temporary relief but there isn't really a cure. Well actually valium or xanax make your pain go away but that's a slippery slope.

I’m not reading all four pages but the answer is more drink. I assume someone has said it by now though.

Haven't done a roll over since my J1.

You can’t beat the roll over, I’ve missed many planned weekend sessions because of covid some that would have been 3 day roll overs.

As for the cure, doesn’t even have to mean a roll over, I’d always have a few cold cans in the fridge Incase they would be needed to kill a hangover or I’d have a few “emergency cans” as I call them in the boot of the car going to a wedding or whatever in case they were needed the morning after.

I hop into the car and go tearing along country roads at 100+kph.
    Really clears my head.

would you not be worried you are still over the limit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

If I have a terrible one, which is rare enough these days - Hot shower. Solpadeine. Get up and about - preferably outside - and don't lie around. Glass of beer with dinner. Usually fine by the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭jt69er

Couple of bottles of Guinness, off the shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

10 mins in a steam room followed by a 20 min pool session has never seen me wrong.

Hydrate and eat nourishing food over the course of the day you are drinking.

Have a pint, or most of a pint, of water after ever two drinks at least. Avoid shots - just needless consumption of high strength alcohol and ridiculously expensive for such a tiny volume of liquid :rolleyes:

Avoid eating a huge takeaway - this just creates extra work for your body to deal with overnight. Instead eat some cream crackers before bed - nice and light but will stave off your blood sugar from dropping too low over the night.

Drink a pint of water before bed and make a pint of diarolyte to have beside your bedside locker. Sleep as long as you can the next day; I find I overheat when I am sleeping after drinking so I sleep in just my boxer shorts.

Eat something light like toast with a mug of sugary tea while you mentally process your hangover and the night before. Keep hydrated over the day, without overdoing it. When you're a bit more awake, have a hot shower. Get outside for some fresh air.

Take it easy for the day and look forward to, and subsequently get, a nice takeaway that evening to distract yourself from it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Lockheed

Always wake up, two fingers down throat and throw up until the urge to throw up is gone. 1000mg Paracetemol and back to bed. Wake up and it's never as bad. Of course this doesn't work on days after when I have to work, and it is a bit extreme but has always worked well for me.

That amount of sh!te would give you a hangover

I might have a starbar as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

The sight of the Mother-in-Law walking up to the front door.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Plenty of liquids and sleep are the big helpers. An orgasm of some description and aspirin/ibruprofen can also help.

I used to be an advocate of a hearty meal but it seems to have lost its effect on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Ultimate cure is the Sauna, 10mins in there, sweat it out, cold shower and you are as good as gold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

The biggest mistake people make I was told by a medical professional was eating a burger or big meals on the way home from the pub is the worst thing for hangovers. Keep the stomach empty of food before passing out.

Advertisement