Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Executive Officer in the Civil Service 2018 (Dublin)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 DUB924

I did the in house aptitude test late feb and was placed on the interdepartmental stream just before all this for interview. Has anyone heard if they are still going through with these? Or anyone who has heard since all this had previously done interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Sartre

I thought panel would have picked up with country coming out of lockdown but instead it seems to have ground to a halt. Despite being pretty high up on it at this stage, I am starting to doubt that I will be called before it expires in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭myNewName

Has anyone successfully been put back into the selection pool after receiving an offer with a really inconvenient location, or is it a case of if you don’t take this offer then you’re out?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭sickofthis

Looking for the advice re practising the numerical part of the EO online assessment? I did well in the last external one but have an internal one this week and any online samples have seemed really difficult.. anyone know the best practise ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Blindalley

sickofthis wrote: »
    Looking for the advice re practising the numerical part of the EO online assessment? I did well in the last external one but have an interdepartmental one this week and any online samples have seemed really difficult.. anyone know the best practise ones?

I thought the same test was for both competitions. Open and interdepartmental? Did you do it in PAS last year?

What I did was google psychometric and numerical tests and just keep practicing. You need to be in that frame of mind just before you do the tests to perform at your best. Good luck.

Do u think u will be interviewed and placed before panel expires?

Blindalley wrote: »
    I thought the same test was for both competitions. Open and interdepartmental? Did you do it in PAS last year?

What I did was google psychometric and numerical tests and just keep practicing. You need to be in that frame of mind just before you do the tests to perform at your best. Good luck.

Do u think u will be interviewed and placed before panel expires?

Sorry I meant internal not interdepartmental.. I'm not holding out much hope for being called for interview for the 2018 competition at this stage tbh.. going to doing my online assessment today so thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Bazman33

Has anyone got a call recently.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Raje94

Started clearance late June!
    Bazman33 wrote: »

Raje94 wrote: »
    Started clearance late June!

Can you tell me what your OOM number from interview

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Sophia Petrillo

Went through clearance in June, and assigned to Justice. Starting in early August.

Went through clearance in June, and assigned to Justice. Starting in early August.

Roughly what was your OOM number

Can you tell me what your OOM number from interview

Early 80's. Process has been slow so far, awaiting assignment.

Raje94 wrote: »

Early 80's. Process has been slow so far, awaiting assignment.

I’m in the 120s but lower now think around 30s due to placement ahead of me

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Geek20

Has anyone emailed to see what number that they are on with recruitment now? Last I heard they were at the last 80's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭northdubgal

when is this comp expiring?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gestappo

How did everyone find the initial application process?

Will there be a 2020 campaign do you think?

gestappo wrote: »
    How did everyone find the initial application process?

Will there be a 2020 campaign do you think?

PAS said the panel will expire in August 2020, it states this too in the competition PDF when it started (Aug 31st). They said a new competition will be advertised before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

I spoke with public jobs and for anyone wondering they have contacted up to the 97th person on the current panel and it will expire on the 31st of August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

Does anyone know if the open stream is moving yet?

• Advertisement

that is the open stream for the 3rd batch as far as I am aware

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

Geek20 wrote: »
    that is the open stream for the 3rd batch as far as I am aware
    Cheers, is there a way to tell what batch you are in?

I heard there up to about 110 on batch 3

• Registered Users Posts: 24 gerbear69

I just got offered social protection anyone else get offered this?

gerbear69 wrote: »

What was your order of merit number

Has anyone heard anything from PAS

Has anyone heard from PAS lately...?

I want to edit my submitted PDF form. I thought clicking on 'Withdraw' might help so I could edit and resubmit it but unfortunately it doesn't

Is there a way around this?

I don’t think so once it’s submitted it’s in only way is to contact them directly
    I want to edit my submitted PDF form. I thought clicking on 'Withdraw' might help so I could edit and resubmit it but unfortunately it doesn't

Is there a way around this?

I don’t think so once it’s submitted it’s in only way is to contact them directly

sorry i meant to post this in the 2020 EO section. The closing date is on thursday so I was hoping to edit it before then.

• Advertisement

sorry i meant to post this in the 2020 EO section. The closing date is on thursday so I was hoping to edit it before then.

I do mean on the 2020 panel everything has to be right before you submit...!

I do mean on the 2020 panel everything has to be right before you submit...!

Everything was right when I submitted it, but now I have more responsibility etc I want to add it to the pdf

[you can address that at interview stage they don’t need to see that at this point in the process quote="gestappo;114214064"]Everything was right when I submitted it, but now I have more responsibility etc I want to add it to the pdf[/quote]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Everything was right when I submitted it, but now I have more responsibility etc I want to add it to the pdf

Don't sweat it. The employment history is barely even looked at. If you can demonstrate your new level of responsibility through the competencies you'll be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Wrong thread

gerbear69 wrote: »

Can I ask when u got offered in terms of when u submitted the garda clearance and reference stuff I put mine in a couple of weeks ago and still haven't heard yet and they haven't contacted my employer yet just curious on timeliness now

I got a email yesterday saying they reached my number, I’ve submitted relevant forms to them, so I take it that it’s another waiting game for them to check them I’m hoping I don’t need to go through Garda Vetting again as I’m already working as a CO...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I got a email yesterday saying they reached my number, I’ve submitted relevant forms to them, so I take it that it’s another waiting game for them to check them I’m hoping I don’t need to go through Garda Vetting again as I’m already working as a CO...

You don't - thankfully. Not the extended one anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lumpenprole

Hi, what number were you if don't mind me asking, thanks.

• Advertisement

Around the 120 mark OOM ...
    Hi, what number were you if don't mind me asking, thanks.

I have an interview this week for this competition. My question is about the application form submitted to PAS in 2018.. when I go to my application it seems I only submitted a very basic form back then ( just some information about previous roles, but no competency examples) so I am wondering how the interview will go if the interviewer doesnt have any of my examples. I have emailed PAS for clarification but no response as of yet and am concerned. Any advice?

The application form was very basic there was any competencies put in on it! For the interview the will ask you specific questions around the competencies outlined for the role... they asked me questions in relation to my jobs on the application form that i hadn't referred too and brought in them jobs that i didn't speak about through my competencies so maybe try have varied answers to cover most of your roles! Best of luck with the interview

I have an interview this week for this competition. My question is about the application form submitted to PAS in 2018.. when I go to my application it seems I only submitted a very basic form back then ( just some information about previous roles, but no competency examples) so I am wondering how the interview will go if the interviewer doesnt have any of my examples. I have emailed PAS for clarification but no response as of yet and am concerned. Any advice?

You can address any issues to a degree at interview stage from when I submitted my application to getting my interview it was nearly two years I needed to fill in lots about different departments I worked as a TCO and CO they will ask you competency questions have good answers for these, very late calling for interview as far as I’m aware the panel closes next month you should ask about that in the interview, best of luck with it...!

Do you mind if I ask is that the open stream or interdepartmental interview they are calling you for?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Ber25

I've got an interview tomorrow. I am on the open stream but had to postpone my interview last March. I wonder how many have been called for interview and how many are left on the current panel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Archeotech

I'm surprised they're still doing interviews for this but maybe they only have another 20 people left to call when they might slot in a few more. On average they get through about 30 every 4 weeks but the panel is due to expire next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ugly_Child

Hi all,

I'm a serving CO in Justice that's just been offered a position from this competition. My assignment has been Social Protection and given my background in processing I dread getting placed there. Any idea if anyone has had success requesting a different assignment?

Ugly_Child wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm a serving CO in Justice that's just been offered a position from this competition. My assignment has been Social Protection and given my background in processing I dread getting placed there. Any idea if anyone has had success requesting a different assignment?

Just wondering how did u get notified of assignment?

Ugly_Child wrote: »
    Hi all,

Do you mind if i ask when you did your interview? Also in that open or interdepartmental stream?

Blindalley wrote: »
    Do you mind if i ask when you did your interview? Also in that open or interdepartmental stream?

Myself I was notified by PAS on my new assignment I’m working in Justice and staying there only got word last Friday that my number was reached and was told last night of my department...!

• Advertisement
Advertisement