Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL 2021 discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,967 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Seanie Furlong is a ****ing legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭theunforgiven

How many relegations in a row now for Cavan, div 1 to div 4 is shocking.
    I think they took Wicklow for granted and paid the price.
    Another year in Div 3 for Wicklow is a great boost to the county.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,883 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Some shock with Cavan getting relegated, looking like Micky Hartes Louth will be one of the teams taking there place in Division 3

Didn't Derry go down from Div 1 to Div 4 year after year a while back ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Somebody think of the children

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Some shock with Cavan getting relegated, looking like Micky Hartes Louth will be one of the teams taking there place in Division 3

Didn't Derry go down from Div 1 to Div 4 year after year a while back ?

Yep, I think they lost a Division One final to Dublin in 2014, and then suffered 3 relegations in a row. Last year it was still in the balance on the last day for Cavan to go back up to Division One or down to Division Three. Its crazy that they are now in Division Four. Well done Wicklow though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

Clifford usually best player on the pitch for Kerry of late but think Niall Morgan was, at least, as effective today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

Anyone know why Dublin Donegal game is showing as not available in this region. I thought all league games were available to buy on the app in Ireland. Certainly I was able to get others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

henke wrote: »
    Anyone know why Dublin Donegal game is showing as not available in this region. I thought all league games were available to buy on the app in Ireland. Certainly I was able to get others.

All league games not on telly in Ireland.

It's on TG4 at 7pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

dobman88 wrote: »
    All league games not on telly in Ireland.

It's on TG4 at 7pm

Sorry I just see it now on the guide. Thought it was just the first game and this one on Eir. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Marker thrown down by Kerry with that performance but Tyrone made it all too easy for them with some truly awful defending and goalkeeping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭CaoimhinCong

Marker thrown down by Kerry with that performance but Tyrone made it all too easy for them with some truly awful defending and goalkeeping.

I wouldn't say marker thrown down an under strength and poor Dublin side held them.

henke wrote: »
    Sorry I just see it now on the guide. Thought it was just the first game and this one on Eir. Thanks.

No bother.

Even if it was on Eir, it wouldn't be on GAAgo for Irish customers so one to keep an eye on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

That was sh!te. Was looking forward to a good game. Hopefully then next one will be competitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,883 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

What a farce no league finals

FFS could they not of just had the top team in each division play off in the final instead of the semi finals

That Dublin team hasn't got started yet and still they are looking like A.I champs already. The conveyor belt shows no sign of holding up.

That Dublin team hasn't got started yet and still they are looking like A.I champs already. The conveyor belt shows no sign of holding up.

While you're probably right, this is a glorified challenge match. Not gonna judge either team on today

While you're probably right, this is a glorified challenge match. Not gonna judge either team on today

I can assure you for Donegal it isn't as to get one over on the Dubs from any team in the country is a reward.

I can assure you for Donegal it isn't as to get one over on the Dubs from any team in the country is a reward.

I'm from Donegal, and can assure you otherwise. Any sting was taken out of this game when it was announced there'd be no league final.

I'm from Donegal, and can assure you otherwise. Any sting was taken out of this game when it was announced there'd be no league final.

Same for the Kerry Tyrone game. I could regret this after losing to Cork last year but Kerry generally get a handy time in Munster as Dublin also do in Leinster.

Donegal and Tyrone will have much bigger things in their minds in the next week or 2 than a meaningless league game. I'd imagine, despite the scoreline, Tyrone management are happy enough heading home injury and incident free. Same for Donegal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Awful game this. Dubs strolling through it at half pace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Just put on a Kerry v Dublin all Ireland final and let rest of the teams go on Holiday. Its going be like this for next few years too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Same for the Kerry Tyrone game. I could regret this after losing to Cork last year but Kerry generally get a handy time in Munster as Dublin also do in Leinster.

Donegal and Tyrone will have much bigger things in their minds in the next week or 2 than a meaningless league game. I'd imagine, despite the scoreline, Tyrone management are happy enough heading home injury and incident free. Same for Donegal

They are probably right. Hard to see either of them bothering the big two. Ulster champ is the big one for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,795 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Bit of a weird ending, Donegal while never really going to catch the Dublin lads were just content picking off two points instead of try to score two goals..., unlikely but still... you don’t try you don’t get.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭moghrasa

I think Donegal had a fair idea they hadn't a hope winning it without Murphy, and it's best for morale to avoid a battering. We've learned nothing about either team from that game.

A more competitive 2nd Div 1 Semi final. I thought at best Donegal would lose by 6 or 7 points so they can take some positives out of that game to get within 4 points and without Michael Murphy and Jamie Brennan.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Fair play to Offaly. First time since 2006 that they'll be in the top 2 divisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Mr321

Kerry look way better then Dublin at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

If the Munster Council hasn't acted the bollox and scheduled Kerry v Clare for 3 weeks time instead of 2 weeks time, we would have a Dublin Kerry league final to look forward to next weekend.

Yet another reason to bin the provincial councils.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭gigantic09

Just put on a Kerry v Dublin all Ireland final and let rest of the teams go on Holiday. Its going be like this for next few years too

Bit unfair to write Mayo out of the equation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭moghrasa

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    If the Munster Council hasn't acted the bollox and scheduled Kerry v Clare for 3 weeks time instead of 2 weeks time, we would have a Dublin Kerry league final to look forward to next weekend.

Yet another reason to bin the provincial councils.
    If they meet in the AI Final, does the winner of that match win league and championship? Or is the league just considered shared now and no more said about it?

moghrasa wrote: »
    If they meet in the AI Final, does the winner of that match win league and championship? Or is the league just considered shared now and no more said about it?

Football league done and dusted and shared.

Mr321 wrote: »
    Kerry look way better then Dublin at the minute.

No All-Irelands handed out in June.

Dublin looked very much like a side going through the motions in the league. Still ended up with a league title without really breaking a sweat.

Kerry were busy trying to wipe away the shame of the Cork disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

gigantic09 wrote: »

Mayo? Mayo won't be winning a AI soon. Dont worry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Cavan_King

There was a lad on this forum a few weeks ago saying Cavan were a top 6 team :pac:

Last year was fantastic for them, but a complete outlier. In saying that, division 4 is shocking bad for defending Ulster champs.

That was me and that’s where the rankings had them. The rankings based on results over years on this forum.

As for last year being a “complete outlier”, they were in Division 1 in 2017, 2019 & had been in the Ulster Final in 2019, so the year before the win came. They were competing at a very high level therefore.

The “complete outlier” is that the team ranked sixth at the start of the year, based on results from years, now find themselves in Division 4.

Have to admire the everlasting optimism of Mayo supporters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,392 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

The Connacht champions play the Leinster champions in the SF this year.
    So if Mayo were to win Connacht I can't see them beating Dublin in the next game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭Rossie11

Cavan_King wrote: »
    That was me and that’s where the rankings had them. The rankings based on results over years on this forum.

As for last year being a “complete outlier”, they were in Division 1 in 2017, 2019 & had been in the Ulster Final in 2019, so the year before the win came. They were competing at a very high level therefore.

The “complete outlier” is that the team ranked sixth at the start of the year, based on results from years, now find themselves in Division 4.

Unbelievable fall for them. Played us (Roscommon) last year when Ross were missing a few with covid. Ross had nothing to play for and Cavan were hot favs to get some sort of result to keep them in div 2. Ended up losing and a few unlucky results went against them and down they dropped. Looks like they had put it behind them in the championship but this fall is a massive shock and I am
    sorry to see it as we both have been up and down the division’s for about a decade meeting every year. They are passionate genuine GAA fans but despite all the meetings there was never any bad blood on or off the pitch.
    Today is a tough day for them and I wish them well in efforts to get back up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Cavan_King

Rossie11 wrote: »
    Unbelievable fall for them. Played us (Roscommon) last year when Ross were missing a few with covid. Ross had nothing to play for and Cavan were hot favs to get some sort of result to keep them in div 2. Ended up losing and a few unlucky results went against them and down they dropped. Looks like they had put it behind them in the championship but this fall is a massive shock and I am
    sorry to see it as we both have been up and down the division’s for about a decade meeting every year. They are passionate genuine GAA fans but despite all the meetings there was never any bad blood on or off the pitch.
    Today is a tough day for them and I wish them well in efforts to get back up.

Mickey Graham has always said his focus is Championship but today was a bridge too far. Supporters were disappointed to be staying in Division 3 for another year and today the unimaginable happened. We’ve never been in Division 4 before.

Fair play to Offaly. First time since 2006 that they'll be in the top 2 divisions.
    And good to see their famous supporter allowed to join in on the celebrations.

200247058_4231333473554336_4467755869135151108_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8024bb&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=LW1-X4pSR_8AX8Iok-A&tn=LDiGI1o3IwUH7wHP&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&tp=14&oh=f38ea23f788ee43ee9118de40d09feeb&oe=60CA00D3

munster87 wrote: »
    Have to admire the everlasting optimism of Mayo supporters

Let's see what kerry are made of over the next couple months. Mayo will be in the mix for the foreseeable future,thats realism.

• Advertisement

Let's see what kerry are made of over the next couple months. Mayo will be in the mix for the foreseeable future,thats realism.

Tyrone are also in the mix but they got murdered today. Being In the mix and challenging is a large gap.

You’re not the first Mayo fan to see them as ‘in the mix’ over the past 70 years. ‘Realism’

munster87 wrote: »
    You’re not the first Mayo fan to see them as ‘in the mix’ over the past 70 years. ‘Realism’

I didn't say they'd win smart ass.

A real gulf in class, Clare look like a side that happy to retain Div 2 status while Mayo anger that they have found themselves playing Div 2 football

Tyrone are also in the mix but they got murdered today. Being In the mix and challenging is a large gap.

Mayo have being challenging for the last 10 years apart from 1 season. I see no reason what that won't continue.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

How on earth is Barry Cassidy still a "top level" referee? Some absolutely baffling decisions by him today with no consistency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,795 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

How on earth is Barry Cassidy still a "top level" referee? Some absolutely baffling decisions by him today with no consistency.

Ref in the Monaghan vs Galway game , absolutely riding Monaghan, useless, giving Galway everything.

Delighted for Monaghan, footballers beat the failing foulers and the ref... not blowing for obvious fouls on Monaghan players but blowing for every touch on a Galway man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Monaghan did the same thing against Cavan last year . A score to be taken on and they go backwards and get punished . Cowardly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Great game that monaghan Galway

• Advertisement
Advertisement