Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is CPD a recognised certification in Ireland?

Options
  • 28-04-2021 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

My GF is looking into doing this online course in food safety/hygiene and found one for £10 GBP. Its an online course so happy days. they say its CPD certified and transcend endorsed. Not sure though if these are recognised in Ireland and internationally or just UK? The course seems cheaper than any of the others we saw so, is that something we should be concerned about, or are they all pretty much the same thing?

Comments

CPD is Continuing Professional Development, it’s a type of course not a course provider or certifier.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭FionMc

CPD is Continuing Professional Development, it’s a type of course not a course provider or certifier.
    Interesting. It says "CPD certified"

It's rospa recognized according to the link. Cpd certified in this case is because there's a private oversight company called 'cpd' in the uk. I wouldn't put much stock in their attachment to the course.

I don't see why it wouldn't be recognized though as it's a fairly basic, low level course.

Advertisement