Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCleaner question?

Options
  • 12-11-2014 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,858 ✭✭✭✭

Hopefully this is the right sub forum for this query.

If I run CCleaner what boxes should I tick/un-tick and what should I allow it to clean etc as I dont want it doing things that could affect the PC or settings in some way or another. Is there anything special to watch out for or, in a nutshell, what are the best settings to use when running it?

Sorry, Im not into the technical stuff.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

muffler wrote: »
    Hopefully this is the right sub forum for this query.

If I run CCleaner what boxes should I tick/un-tick and what should I allow it to clean etc as I dont want it doing things that could affect the PC or settings in some way or another. Is there anything special to watch out for or, in a nutshell, what are the best settings to use when running it?

Sorry, Im not into the technical stuff.

Just leave it at default it will remove loads. It's a great tool, it removes software much quicker than the Windows default add/remove

• Subscribers Posts: 41,078 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Good man muffler.

One thing to watch it for us when ccleaner removes temp files, it will remove the files where autocad creates its .sv$ auto save files.
    So unless you change the location where it saves to, you will lose them.
    Which is a bad thing if you need to retrieve one.

Other than that work away, it's a great cleaning program, I've been using it ft years.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,078 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Good man muffler.

One thing to watch it for us when ccleaner removes temp files, it will remove the files where autocad creates its .sv$ auto save files.
    So unless you change the location where it saves to, you will lose them.
    Which is a bad thing if you need to retrieve one.

Other than that work away, it's a great cleaning program, I've been using it ft years.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 duckflyr

Nice program. Deny the popups that come up asking if you want to optimize, or this or that. They serve no useful purpose. Only allow it
    to update the program itself, differentiate the two differences in the updates VS. upgrades.

Advertisement