Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The F Bomb

Options
  • 26-11-2018 2:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭

Firstly, let me introduce the rules, every post in this thread/game MUST begin with a word that begins with the letter F, and not be a word that has already been used as a starter word in any previous post.

its knock out, like the world cup, so if you break the rules, you can no longer win.

Rules are simple, and winner is the player with the most posts by 1 Janurary 2019.

Enjoy!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Freddy got fingered was an okay film when it first came out, but its quite dated now.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Finally something that rewards me for my posting abilities :pac:

Frequent posting to this thread is definitely a way to gain an advantage.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Feeling like I might have a late night contender though....

For what its worth, i'm about to pass out!

• Advertisement

Freedom for myself comes at 8am.

Friday feeling on a Monday. It's pretty awesome.

Fun times to be had, there isonly so many F words in the alphabet and starting a sentences with them is gonna get harder and harder.

Fiddlesticks. You're right! :P

farts, there is only letters in the alphabet, not words

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

F*** sake. If ever a game was designed for necro, this is it

-edited to add the F but I'm not playing anyways :)

From my reading of the rules, * is not an F, bye bye rikand :)

Future players should use the preview post option to see how their posts appear.

Fry up in the morning. I think so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

fMod

sKeith, you cannot ban someone from a thread. If your game hinges on kicking people out of the thread forever more, then ill close the thread forever more. Let me know if you can rework the game. If not, ill lock the thread later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Fudgestickles Pete, I think you just lost the game!

Fnope

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Fairly sure that sneaky edits aren't allowed here.

Find me that rule in the OP

Flipping 'eck, some strange new words beginning with F in here today :D

I think the game is ok aside from the 'you can't post here ever again' part.

Don't take this away from me!!

FFFFFFFPLEASE :(

• Advertisement

Fine by me as long as we arent pseudo permabanning people

Feck no, I don't have a fancy mod badge or stick... for now :pac:

Flowing conversation - is that a requirement of the rules? Like we can all start a random sentence with F - but does it not have to make some kind of sense with the previous post(s)?

Frankly, I haven't a clue to be honest.

Fascinatingly, the game does not hinge around banning people from the thread, the game hinges around starting a post with the letter F, while not reusing a word already used to begin a post, and having the highest post count while doing this at a certain time in the future is the winning condition. I cannot ban people from the thread and never expected I would be able to do such a thing, but if people start trashing this thread, and wilfully ignoring the rules, then I will seek assistance from you or another mod to remove the trouble makers.

First of all, i didnt think your intent was to ban people, so thats grand.

Second of all, the wording did kind of suggest that inadvertently was the plan (you cannot post here ever ever again), despite me assuming that wasnt your intent, so ive updated it in the OP. Feel free to suggest alternative wording.

Third of all, if there are any issues with people spamming the thread, use the report button as normal.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Fridge temperature food makes me cry :(

sullivlo wrote:
    Fridge temperature food makes me cry

Feel free to avail of the microwave.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Fluorine is the most electronegative element, followed by Oxygen. Something I learned in Biology recently while studying glycolysis. Sully will surely confirm this if needed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Freezing out there this morning. When I went for my run I had to cut it short. May or may not be related but I was also unusually slow too.

Advertisement