Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Formula 1 2018 - Round 20 – Brasil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Feel bad for Max, Ocon should have known better than to get involved like that with the race leader. It was a great race all the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Max looks like he's waiting for Ocon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Convenient that Ocon is a contracted Mercedes driver and a Mercedes wins the race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

https://streamable.com/b8co6

I think Max says it all for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭chicorytip

skipper_G wrote:
    Feel bad for Max, Ocon should have known better than to get involved like that with the race leader. It was a great race all the same

I would blame the Red Bull driver. He was careless in cutting back in too sharply. The argument that Ocon should just have meekly moved aside for the race leader is nonsense. He was entitled to race hard and unlap himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,137 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Convenient that Ocon is a contracted Mercedes driver and a Mercedes wins the race.

He mightn't have a seat next year but secured his 2020 Merc seat. The bus stop of Bottas replaced by the bumper car of Ocon :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

Good race, enjoyed that!

chicorytip wrote: »
    I would blame the Red Bull driver. He was careless in cutting back in too sharply. The argument that Ocon should just have meekly moved aside for the race leader is nonsense. He was entitled to race hard and unlap himself.

Yeah I'm figuring you out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,685 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Aren't we all delighted that Abu Dhabi didn't get to be a title decider again!!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Ah Kimi. Not a hint of sunshine and there he is in his dark sunglasses :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

disgracefull penalty for ocon. he was entitled to be where he was. he was well along side max. max slammed the door closed.
    its 100% maxs fault.

Ocon wasn't in a race with Max
    Max was on racing line

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Hamilton gave Verstappen some sound advice there

Maybe he will take it onboard

"You had more to lose than he did"

disgracefull penalty for ocon. he was entitled to be where he was. he was well along side max. max slammed the door closed.
    its 100% maxs fault.

godzilla-face-palm-for-when-an-epic-facepalm-is-not-20915840.png

its 100% maxs fault.

With this logic races got more interesting. Just remove blue flags and let everyone race no matter how many laps behind :pac:

Wasn't it Ocon who just pulled over and let Hamilton through in Monaco this year.

Absolute nonsense. He's entitled to unlap himself, not cause a collision with the bloody race leader.

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Ocon wasn't in a race with Max
    Max was on racing line

so was ocon. thats why they hit. max turned in on ocon

TheChrisD wrote: »
    godzilla-face-palm-for-when-an-epic-facepalm-is-not-20915840.png

doesnt change the facts though

• Advertisement

Wasn't it Ocon who just pulled over and let Hamilton through in Monaco this year.

Yep

so was ocon. thats why they hit. max turned in on ocon

Ocon was practically off the track. Sorry but your just making a fool of yourself.

pjohnson wrote: »
    With this logic races got more interesting. Just remove blue flags and let everyone race no matter how many laps behind :pac:

ocon is entitled to overtake there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Burkie1203 wrote:
    Ocon was practically off the track. Sorry but your just making a fool of yourself.

You need to closely watch a replay.

practically off the track. come off it. its you that is making fool of your self.
    the point at which max turns in on ocon only ocons front right is touching the line. the rest of the car is on track

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

He can unlap himself but, Max was ahead going into the corner, he has the right to be where he was and Ocon just drove straight into him. It was Ocon's responsibility to back out of the corner and not cause the collision.

Its always the same few taking the contrarian line :pac:

Getting the knack of things here now

Its always the same few taking the contrarian line :pac:

Getting the knack of things here now

Likewise if it was Hamilton getting spun I would say the opinions of some would be completely switched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Am I hearing this correctly? Horner is condoning Max shoving Ocon? Saying he was lucky thats all he got? Seriously?!

• Advertisement

He can unlap himself but, Max was ahead going into the corner, he has the right to be where he was and Ocon just drove straight into him. It was Ocon's responsibility to back out of the corner and not cause the collision.

no he hasnt. ocon was ahead off the straight and ahead entering the 1st corner by a good half car length. max can say he didnt know he was there. as they take the turn and line up for the next turn max is a nose ahead. he then cuts across ocon

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Likewise if it was Hamilton getting spun I would say the opinions of some would be completely switched.

Really? Its pretty simple a car one lap behind has no business racing a car one lap ahead of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭lolie

Whatever about Ocon unlapping himself it was stupid to try it there.
    Look at it this way would he have tried that move on a Mercedes, not a hope in hell he would.

no he hasnt. ocon was ahead off the straight and ahead entering the 1st corner by a good half car length. max can say he didnt know he was there. as they take the turn and line up for the next turn max is a nose ahead. he then cuts across ocon

Only one of them received a 10 second stop/go penalty and it wasn't the Red Bull driver. So the evidence suggests you are very incorrect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭Harika

Top Dog wrote: »
    Am I hearing this correctly? Horner is condoning Max shoving Ocon? Saying he was lucky thats all he got? Seriously?!

A punch in the face is the least he should have gotten. Pushing was the polite way and far too politically correct

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jaapbond

That's two races gifted to Hamilton this year ...

• Advertisement

Really? Its pretty simple a car one lap behind has no business racing a car one lap ahead of it.

I have already said Ocon should have just let him go

But at no point was Max 100% clear of Ocon, he needs to use his head

skipper_G wrote: »
    Only one of them received a 10 second stop/go penalty and it wasn't the Red Bull driver. So the evidence suggests you are very incorrect

the evidence is on you tube as we speak and was live a while ago. its very clear cut .
    the penalty is a disgrace and will be overturned . it has to be .

the officials were terrible this weekend. look at the 2 hamilton incidents. not even looked at. the first should have been dangerous driving with penalty and points on licence.

In-race penalty overturned? What on earth are you smoking right now :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Max on Ocon in the press conference when asked about the post-race altercation:

"I don't have anything to say about that, except that he's a (sounded like prick)".

And Sky reporting that both have been summoned to the stewards

Both drivers called to the stewards

• Advertisement

F1 2018 "Replay" Button sort it out.

presumably they can apeal it.
    i know there was no real impact on results so they mightnt bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,898 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

the evidence is on you tube as we speak and was live a while ago. its very clear cut .

the officials were terrible this weekend. look at the 2 hamilton incidents. not even looked at. the first should have been dangerous driving with penalty and points on licence.

How can you over turn a stop/go penalty that already happened?

Also, its gotten worse for Ocon, 3 penalty points for him - https://www.racefans.net/2018/11/11/mercedes-clinch-their-fifth-consecutive-f1-constructors-championship/

You are in a very unique minority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭Harika

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

presumably they can apeal it.
    i know there was no real impact on results so they mightnt bother.

In race penalties can not be appealed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,394 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Both drivers called to the stewards

I guess bad language by a driver can be investigated, as could driver behaviour after the race I'd guess, Max might need to cool down a bit

Vettel had trouble before with his comments to Charlie Whiting
    http://www.espn.com.au/f1/story/_/id/18013457/charlie-whiting-sebastian-vettel-apology-fine-unfortunate-comments

In race penalties can not be appealed.

thats a shame

I guess bad language by a driver can be investigated, as could driver behaviour after the race I'd guess, Max might need to cool down a bit

Vettel had trouble before with his comments to Charlie Whiting
    http://www.espn.com.au/f1/story/_/id/18013457/charlie-whiting-sebastian-vettel-apology-fine-unfortunate-comments

Its for the handbags in the FIA garage after the race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,394 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Gintonious wrote: »
    Its for the handbags in the FIA garage after the race.

I suppose just a talking to for both of them

• Advertisement
Advertisement