Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Counterpart - Starz - US Pace(**Spoilers**)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

4: The Freakin Knife Scene! :eek: when
    she escapes from the group trying to trade her for immunity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,875 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well those last 10 minutes of this weeks episode have made everything a whole lot more interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭wally1990

Well those last 10 minutes of this weeks episode have made everything a whole lot more interesting.

Is it S02 E05 out online or you referring to E04

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

wally1990 wrote: »
    Is it S02 E05 out online or you referring to E04

05 is out and I would assume that is what Agent Coulson means.

That was the best TV I have seen in a while.

5: :eek: (
    yer wan shooting herself
    ) and also, I'm so confused!

But then that Post Credits bit!

• Advertisement

Origin story this week.

Origin story this week.

Feels solid enough. Not sure
    she wants a peaceful meeting though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

I really liked the origin story episode but I felt the way, initially, the worlds diverged was a bit of a stretch.

Surely if two identical people were doing identical things and saying identical things in the exact same world then they'd both be talking and imitating their actions at the exact same time, and it would be impossible for it to diverge that way? I would have thought it only possible to happen if they actually made human contact with each other and something beyond their control on one side caused it, not for one to speak and the other to wait.

Only a small thing, but still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Cina wrote: »
    I really liked the origin story episode but I felt the way, initially, the worlds diverged was a bit of a stretch.

Surely if two identical people were doing identical things and saying identical things in the exact same world then they'd both be talking and imitating their actions at the exact same time, and it would be impossible for it to diverge that way? I would have thought it only possible to happen if they actually made human contact with each other and something beyond their control on one side caused it, not for one to speak and the other to wait.

Only a small thing, but still.

Also they both exist in East Germany, in a society where the Stasi are banging in doors over a pamphlet. Yet Management don't have to interact with the state at all (even though its failing, surely they'd want to no whats going on in the facility?)yet get money and resources and military personnel. Surely the DDR would have been all over this? either trying to exploit it for the DDR, or private gain?

7: Oh, I was full sure
    Clare was gonna have killed Peter when Howard arrived.. but she hadn't. That relationship sure is confusing.
    Good to see
    Nadia will be back next week
    :)

Checking the audience numbers on wiki.. hrmm.. they dropped earlier but seem to be rising again:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counterpart_(TV_series)

• Advertisement

Episode 8 was excellent, quite a lot of story put into it with excellent parallel development.

They clearly are pushing the story forward quickly now, hopefully not because they think it's their last season.

Yes really well done on the parallel story telling this week.

Agreed! So much set up. With two episodes left this season, I'm thinking maybe a half episode of setup and the rest to play things out. I can feel a cliffhanger in the air though!

Everything is set up nowfor the season/series finale next week.

Everything is set up nowfor the season/series finale next week.

Let's hope it's only a season finale.

Okay, I am having mixed feelings about the future of this show after rewatching the latest episode.

Giving that some areas do not air episode 9 until tonight, I do it with spoilers.
    While it was clear that Mira ultimately would succeed in her plan how to deal with management I wonder where this can go now that she clearly has management devices from both sides set up in the special interface room.

However, this episode was excellent, showing off the acting ability of Olivia Williams,
    the way she came across at herself in the interface room was fun because I really thought there was glass until she lunged forward.
    In any case, if this is the season finale coming up then I'm looking forward to the next season if it's the series finale I am hopeful they can ty up most threads.

It was/is an excellent TV show.

Yeah, I hope it's not the end but if it is, then it's been a top show.

Looking forward to next week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,100 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Counterpart has been cancelled by Starz but is being shopped to other networks. Season 2 finale airs this weekend.

https://tvline.com/2019/02/11/counterpart-cancelled-starz-no-season-3/

It is unfortunate that this got canceled but the writing was on the wall for it, let's hope it does end not on a cliffhanger next weekend.

This was one of the best shows right now, unfortunately behind one (US) or even two (UK) paywalls and very seldom promoted by Starz.

Even on youtube, it was hard to find reviews, Gary from Nerdrotic one of the only regular reviewers.

With the viewing figures, I don't think that Amazon/Netflix will touch it.

I'm torn. I've seen good shows cut abruptly before.

If they managed not to have a cliffhanger and it gets cancelled then that would be something.

Getting renewed obviously being the better outcome... well so long as the show doesn't go downhill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

Really hope this gets picked up, zero expectation it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

Show maintained a very high standard throughout, satisfying ending, shame there will not be further resolution (probably).

Ye I'm happy enough with that being the closure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,100 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Anybody else think that the new deal that Howard from the other side made
    was for the other Howard to take his place and go to the other side seeing as his wife was dead

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

I'm satisfied with the ending. It's definitive enough that it works as a series finale while flexible enough to allow for a third season if needed.

What a freakin excellent episode. Especially knowing that it's future is up in the air.
    I thought they were winding down.
    I thought killing Emily was too signposted
    I thought Simmons acted the sadness Howard felt so well
    I thought that was it at the end
    I thought the only opening they left was the others who Clare said had crossed and been placed.

I thought wrong

Oh Mira. Excellent plan. Just caught me sideways.
    In a way, it just felt the perfect revenge for her to take.
    Another season would be great but maybe leaving it there is ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Great ending!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Someone please confirm
    The last scenes are in the world with the still living Emily

Found it hard sometimes to keep track of which world we were in.

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Someone please confirm
    The last scenes are in the world with the still living Emily

Found it hard sometimes to keep track of which world we were in.

No,
    The last scenes are the virus being released into the Prime World

The last living Emily is in (and from I think) the other World where the Flu had already killed so much people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭johndoe99

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Just started this and it’s very good after 6 episodes, lots of twists and turns and the acting from Simmons is fantastic, making me want to go back to OZ after this

that's what i did, i'm currently watching the final season of Oz.

Advertisement