If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG49UK6400PLF possibly damaged in transit

Options
  • 12-02-2019 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭

Hi 

Bought the above tv off you, ordered Friday (Order no. 119340), delivered today.

I say possibly damaged in transit as I didn't see the screen until after I had attached the stand. I followed the instructions for this so would hope I didn't cause it.

Sent an email too but just wondering if you'd know any timelines for getting it replaced/repaired? I'm off work this week but might be a bit late now to have it sorted by Friday.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,146 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Wheety wrote: »
    Hi 

Bought the above tv off you, ordered Friday (Order no. 119340), delivered today.

I say possibly damaged in transit as I didn't see the screen until after I had attached the stand. I followed the instructions for this so would hope I didn't cause it.

Sent an email too but just wondering if you'd know any timelines for getting it replaced/repaired? I'm off work this week but might be a bit late now to have it sorted by Friday.
    Hi Wheety.

Sorry to hear that there is an issue with the television.

Would it be possible to send us some photos of the damage and also some photos of the box so we can check it for damage. I have not seen an email arriving with us as of yet.
    Our email address would be sales@richersounds.ie

Also what is the damage to the screen as you have not mentioned it in your original post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Hi 

Hi Wheety.

Sorry to hear that there is an issue with the television.

Would it be possible to send us some photos of the damage and also some photos of the box so we can check it for damage. I have not seen an email arriving with us as of yet.
    Our email address would be sales@richersounds.ie

Also what is the damage to the screen as you have not mentioned it in your original post.
    I sent it to service@richersounds.ie.

Doesn't look like any damage to the box. Slight indentation.

Cheers for the photos.

I've never seen damage that bad before to be honest!

Not sure how you missed that taking it out of the box as it really is in a bad way.

Leave this with me for a bit.

Cheers for the photos.

Not sure how you missed that taking it out of the box as it really is in a bad way.

Thanks Kenny.

It still had the plastic on it. I laid it down on it's front (on a blanket) to attach the stand. Shimmied the plastic down to take it off. So didn't look at the front until the stand was on.

Cheers for the photos.

Thanks Kenny.

It still had the plastic on it. I laid it down on it's front (on a blanket) to attach the stand. Shimmied the plastic down to take it off. So didn't look at the front until the stand was on.
    No worries.

Leave it with me and we'll come back ASAP.

• Advertisement

Hi

Just wondering if there's an update on this?

Hi

Just wondering if there's an update on this?
    Hi Wheety.

I'll go and see if I can get an update.

Sorry for the delay.

Just want to say thanks to you guys. Broken tv was collected yesterday and replacement delivered. Have it set up now and enjoying it. TV makes even normal HD channels look much better.

Might have to convince the wife we need a soundbar too. Will come back to you for that.

Just want to say thanks to you guys. Broken tv was collected yesterday and replacement delivered. Have it set up now and enjoying it. TV makes even normal HD channels look much better.

Might have to convince the wife we need a soundbar too. Will come back to you for that.
    Hi Wheety,

Thanks very much for letting us know, glad you got sorted in the end and you're happy with your TV!

Let me know if you need anything else.

Kind regards

David

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

This is why I buy AV from Richersounds such great customer service.

• Advertisement

TCP/IP wrote: »
    This is why I buy AV from Richersounds such great customer service.
    Cheer for the Kind words TCP/IP.

Have been able to replace Firestick, as apps are on the TV, Raspberry Pi for accessing my media on a NAS drive and will try out the built in Saorview and Satellite tuners at the weekend. If that's ok, the tv will also replace the satellite receiver. Will go from having 4 plugs to one and a lot less cables :-)

Thanks again for the good customer service.

Have been able to replace Firestick, as apps are on the TV, Raspberry Pi for accessing my media on a NAS drive and will try out the built in Saorview and Satellite tuners at the weekend. If that's ok, the tv will also replace the satellite receiver. Will go from having 4 plugs to one and a lot less cables :-)

Thanks again for the good customer service.
    Hi Wheety,

Thanks for the post! No problem at all, keep me posted on the progress!

Kind regards

David

Just to let you know, in case someone else asks. I tried the built in tuners. Not very good to be honest. Maybe it's a special situation in Ireland where we need satellite and aerial tuners to receive all the (free to air) channels we want. On the LG tv they were not in the same EPG and was awkward to switch between them. Also bit of hassle to try and rearrange the channels.

In the UK, people tend to go with satellite, aerial or cable so it was probably aimed more towards that market.

I've gone back to my satellite receiver but still very happy with the tv for everything else.

Just to let you know, in case someone else asks. I tried the built in tuners. Not very good to be honest. Maybe it's a special situation in Ireland where we need satellite and aerial tuners to receive all the (free to air) channels we want. On the LG tv they were not in the same EPG and was awkward to switch between them. Also bit of hassle to try and rearrange the channels.

In the UK, people tend to go with satellite, aerial or cable so it was probably aimed more towards that market.

I've gone back to my satellite receiver but still very happy with the tv for everything else.
    Hi Wheety.

Thanks for the info.

Unfortunately there is no television that displays both Free to air satellite and freeview/Saorview in the one EPG. You always have to switch between the two.

The TV is also not freesat approved so this is why there can be issues with the position of free to air satellite channels. This would happen even if connected up in the UK.
    Without the Freesat certification the EPG can be muddled.

The TV is for the UK market but works just the same in the South of Ireland picking up Saorview and the free to air sat stations.
    In the UK it will pick up Freeview and the free to air sat stations.

I'm glad that you are happy with the TV otherwise.

Enjoy your weekend.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

To be fair there are some Sony TV that did display the Saorview and Freesat HD listings in one EPG - however we always advise that whilsy=t it is great to have the Saorview and free-to-air Satellite tuners available on Board in a TV - it is really not a viable replacement for a decent Satellite STB, especially if you want the ability to record.

In terms of switching, yes, it can be a bit of a PITA but once you get used to it it's not a bind and of course if you can order and save your main channels into favourite groups ( depending on make / model) then it does get easier with practice - but again we would always recommend a decent TV AND a Freesat HD STB  - it just works so much better!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

To be fair there are some Sony TV that did display the Saorview and Freesat HD listings in one EPG - however we always advise that whilsy=t it is great to have the Saorview and free-to-air Satellite tuners available on Board in a TV - it is really not a viable replacement for a decent Satellite STB, especially if you want the ability to record.

In terms of switching, yes, it can be a bit of a PITA but once you get used to it it's not a bind and of course if you can order and save your main channels into favourite groups ( depending on make / model) then it does get easier with practice - but again we would always recommend a decent TV AND a Freesat HD STB  - it just works so much better!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 
    The tv has removed a Raspberry Pi (for accessing network attached storage) and a Firestick (for accessing apps) so I'm happy with that. The functionality of the satellite STB is great, so expecting a tv to be a decent replacement was probably a bit much. I didn't buy the tv to replace the box anyway, just gave it a test to see what it was like.

Might be back in a coupe of months to look at soundbars, now that there's less clutter :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Definitely using you guy's for my future purchases your customer service is unbelievable! 

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 
    The tv has removed a Raspberry Pi (for accessing network attached storage) and a Firestick (for accessing apps) so I'm happy with that. The functionality of the satellite STB is great, so expecting a tv to be a decent replacement was probably a bit much. I didn't buy the tv to replace the box anyway, just gave it a test to see what it was like.

Might be back in a coupe of months to look at soundbars, now that there's less clutter :-)
    No problem Wheety! There are some cracking soundbars on the market at the moment. Give us a shout when you're ready!

Truckermal wrote: »
    Definitely using you guy's for my future purchases your customer service is unbelievable! 
    Thanks Truckermal!

Cheers for the kind words.

We always try our best :D

Let us know if we can help in any way in future.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.