Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,461 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Monokne wrote: »
    I don't think the company tends to get heavily involved when it comes to personal relationships. When news of Bray Wyatt's split with his wife owing to his affair with Jojo broke, I don't remember there being any consequences. My take is that it's a deplorable thing for a married man with kids to do, but I don't think it should affect either of them professionally unless it impacts on their behaviour /performance at work.

I agree. All WWE cares about is if it affects their business and these situations don't normally do that. Carmella isn't innocent here though as she had to have known Corey was married, but it may become uncomfortable depending on how their coworkers take it if they weren't already aware of it. Outside of that it's up to them to deal with the consequences of their actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

You've made a grave mistake Corey! Wtf moment for sure. Seen it mentioned somewhere they may have been separated for a couple of months. Whether the relationship with Carmella started before or after that only they know. Sharing messages where he was talking about being suicidal is low by any means.
    It's messed up situation, but is the internet really the best place to air it all out? Probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

nazmoalex wrote: »
    You've made a grave mistake Corey! Wtf moment for sure. Seen it mentioned somewhere they may have been separated for a couple of months. Whether the relationship with Carmella started before or after that only they know. Sharing messages where he was talking about being suicidal is low by any means.
    It's messed up situation, but is the internet really the best place to air it all out? Probably not.
    Yeah look reality is that there's always more to these things and they probably have been separated for a long time.

But it's a scum move to send the woman a message about she's going to be sued by the machine behind him.

This video has emerged online recently in which an outlaw promotion which included the poffo family in a war in the tennessee wrestling war. It was recorded in 1979 so forty years ago and was never released but imagine if they had ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Tye requesting his release best thing for both i feel.

he had a gimmick that ran its course but a solid lower tier guy

also happens to be close friends with cody so im sure that wont gurt

https://twitter.com/perfec10n/status/1098084854992957440

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭ThePott

It's a shame but not a total surprise. The guy was never gonna be at the top of the card and with so many people on the roster that are younger and that the company are more interested in it makes sense.

I really liked Tye though :(. There was a brief moment where he was basically keeping NXT going and was the hottest thing there. He was always fun and did well in the small roles he got.

Side note- first live wrestling show I ever went to was an NXT live show in Florida. Had no idea who Tye was at that point but he was one of the most entertaining parts of the show. He would come out after matches with numbered placards with low scoring numbers, judging the previous matches. Then durings his own match he had a massive card with the number 10 which his opponent (a very green Braun Strowman) knocked out of his hand, only for Tye to whip a smaller number 10 card from his trunks. One of the biggest pops of the night :D

Interesting to see where he goes after this, best of luck to him.

love that vince just decides out of the blue to call everyone up probaley destroying trips plans for takeover at mania. will be an interesting NXt tapings tonight if any of that is true of course

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/asmj92/wor_changes_that_were_made_to_the_raw_script_on/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

at some point last week, Vince decided for whatever reason that they he wanted a lot more great wrestlers on Raw

I think he's right there. The likes of Corbin, Lashley, McIntyre, Strowman, Jinder, or a returning Wyatt aren't going to keep people tuning in every week.
    Reigns, Owens, Zayn and Rollins are all out at the minute so that's most of your good workers who are some way over.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,111 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I remember thinking Tye was young-ish and an up and comer but he has been around for ages. Only realised recently enough that he was Gavin Spears back in WWECW.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Heh, I think I might be the only one who didn't like the whole '10' gimmick. Just seemed really limiting, there's only so many things you can do with a numbered gimmick ala 3 Minute Warning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

The second time he was number 10 in the rumble was the laziest thing ever but yeah also showed what a nothing gimmick it was

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

I wonder if Dillinger is making this public to pressure them to give him his release. Curious otherwise. I would not assume it's guaranteed they will let him go. Mike & Maria and the Revival were turned down.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,320 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Tye will win The US title next week after The Revival won the tag belts last week.

Actually who is the US title holder these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Tye will win The US title next week after The Revival won the tag belts last week.

Actually who is the US title holder these days.
    How could you forget, It is the United States of Naka-Merica

Yes tye Dillinger has been used badly with WWE and I can see why he'd want out, but he's engaged to peyton Royce so my sympathy can only go so far really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

It's R-Truth

• Registered Users Posts: 60,320 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Double C wrote: »
    It's R-Truth

:)

Yes I now remember R-Truth got it for putting Jax over at the Rumble and letting her beat him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,111 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

sky88 wrote: »

Hogan is a consultant, Bischoff is a producer and the film will not delve into his recent troubles.

65 and still full creative control. Have to laugh.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Hogan is a consultant, Bischoff is a producer and the film will not delve into his recent troubles.

I didn’t even see those parts

Hulk still the greatest worker of them all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

I was just about to post about the Hogan movie.. wow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

That's not going to work for me brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Might be more fictional than any Marvel movie Hemsworth has been in

Ah well hogan with creative control before went alright. I mean WCW is still... And TNA is... yeah what's the worst that could happen ? I hope it flops.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,184 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

sky88 wrote: »

Thor now is Hulk

th?id=OIP.n5UXbnS4fE3YOBT60AMjxwHaIX&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

Crhis Hemsworth and Bradley Cooper are also producing, could Cooper play Vince

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭ThePott

Waiting for the inevitable dub of a Thor and Loki scene with;

"LET ME TELL YA SOMETHING BROTHER!"

• Registered Users Posts: 37,849 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sounds exciting tbh and Hemsworth could be a good fit

Wonder what timeline the movie will have ?? Will it based on the rise of Hulkamania, his fallout with wwf and joining wcw. His entire career up til his last wwe championship ???

Be interesting too see the rest of the cast

Netflix movie so will not released in theatres but that could change

Jesus if paige is going on so much about her movie imagine the amount of times Hulkster will plug this

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

"Hi guys! Hulk here"

Will it address the most important times of his life - Suburban Commando, Mr Nanny and Thunder in Paradise?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,849 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

casting idea

Ty Burrell (Phil Dunphy from modern family) as Eric Bischoff, might even be a good Jimmy Hart.

A lot of actors out there could pull off a good Bischoff

Could we set up a lone thread on the movie so we can discuss it away from this ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Hemsworth definitely looks like he eats his vitamins so he's a perfect fit brother

https://twitter.com/the_ironsheik/status/1098348105878126593
    :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement