Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Independant Park Cork Gigs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

CHealy wrote: »
    2 posts up from yours.

Looking for Lauryn Hill actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Looking for Lauryn Hill actually.

Sorry, thought that was for all artists.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭villa2008

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Got tickets for Liam Gallagher today. Should be great gig. Happy Musgrave is getting these gigs as the Marquee is one of the ****est venues to ever be conceived IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭crystalbrite

Tomtom364 wrote: »
    JUN 20 George Ezra

JUN 21 Walking On Cars

JUN 22 The Coronas

JUN 23 Liam Gallagher

JUN 25 Hozier

JUN 26 Ms. Lauryn Hill

6/7 Nights, busy week.

Just 1 week away now before it all kicks off :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I wonder what the residents were given because there was some disquiet aired a few months ago but it's all gone quiet now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Best place to park for these? Woodies' car park?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Any photos of the actual layout ??. Is it a pretty intimate concert venue. Wasant there in years and first time there since the redevelopment

Have a unreserved seating ticket for Liam Gallagher

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Well these gigs look a damn sight better than what the Marquee is offering this year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Well these gigs look a damn sight better than what the Marquee is offering this year.

I'd say these gigs are exactly what the Marquee had planned to offer this year until MCD beat them to the punch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The Marquee lineup is atrocious this year ,its been on the wane for years but this year it has sunk to a low.
    The sound system there is also not up to scratch ,last few gigs I've been the sound has been shocking .
    Aiken needs to up his game with MCD/Livenation pushing into the Cork market.
    Is it a pretty intimate concert venue

Its a rugby stadium ,I wouldnt call that intimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭fafy

callaway92 wrote: »
    Best place to park for these? Woodies' car park?

That could fill up fast, and might be blocked off,as will nearby Mc Donalds.
    Its about 20 minute walk from city centre, i’d be surprised if there is any parking allowed in the venue area, as its close to a residential area

For parking, it might be worth checking if the Black Ash park & ride is being made available. Approx 1,000 spaces within walking distance and I think it was available during a rugby and football double-header at II Park and Turner's Cross last year - totally open to correction, though!

Haven't seen any mention of it this year but it would be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

For parking, it might be worth checking if the Black Ash park & ride is being made available. Approx 1,000 spaces within walking distance and I think it was available during a rugby and football double-header at II Park and Turner's Cross last year - totally open to correction, though!

Haven't seen any mention of it this year but it would be worth a look.

Black ash open and free for all munster games this past season as far as I'm aware

Tomtom364 wrote: »
    Black ash open and free for all munster games this past season as far as I'm aware

Would expect similar for the concerts so - a few of these are on midweek, though, so there might be the usual commuter traffic parked up and using a lot of the spaces so worth keeping in mind for anyone planning to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CBCork11

Do ye think that you could stand with an unreserved seating ticket? I have looked at the site layout, can’t imagine there’s any major barrier between the 2. I would rather stand than sit personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

CBCork11 wrote: »
    Do ye think that you could stand with an unreserved seating ticket? I have looked at the site layout, can’t imagine there’s any major barrier between the 2. I would rather stand than sit personally.

You'd have to climb over the barrier between the pitch and stand that's always there anyway though I imagine? Depends how they lay it out but I would think it'd be hard enough to swing since there's a permanent barrier already

Someone get pics of the place set up as a concert venue and post them here

Going up Sunday for Liam Gallagher

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mirsiam

Hi Crystal Brite, Are you going to any of the gigs?!

Just found this forum cos I'm confused! Going to Lauryn Hill and info is saying doors at 5...surely this is too early, no? What about the workers of the world?!
    Anyone know if there's a supporting act? Can't find any info online.

Thanks Boards peeps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Gates open at 5pm. She probably won't be on until 8:30... possibly 9... like most of the gigs there this weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

PTH2009 wrote: »

Drove by it yesterday. Caught a glimpse of the stage.. Looks like a decent setup considering it's a tiny stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mirsiam

Gates open at 5pm. She probably won't be on until 8:30... possibly 9... like most of the gigs there this weekend

Thanks a million Sound of Silence, great to know that.
    Hoping to go for dinner first so we can have a stress free stroll down then after.
    Probably aim to get there for 8.

Sound thanks

MCD posted the stage times for all gigs on Facebook today:
    ⌁ ���������������������� �������� ���������� ���������� ⌁
    ⌁⌁ Gates open at 17:00 each day
    ⌁⌁⌁ �������������� ⌁ bit.ly/IIP-Cork-TM

THURS June 20th
    18:30 - KAWALA
    19:20 - The Vaccines
    20:50 - George Ezra

FRI June 21st
    18:30 - Lewis Capaldi
    19:45 - Tom Walker
    21:00 - Walking On Cars

SAT June 22nd
    17:45 - True Tides
    18:45 - All Tvvins
    19:45 - Sigrid
    21:00 - The Coronas

SUN June 23rd
    19:45 - Gerry Cinnamon
    20:45 - Liam Gallagher

TUES June 25th
    18:30 - David Keenan
    19:45 - Maggie Rogers
    21:00 - Hozier

WED June 26th
    19:45 - Isabelle Brown
    21:00 - Ms. Lauryn Hill

// All times subject to change //

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

https://twitter.com/Munsterrugby/status/1141638871203155968

Looks a great venue and looking forward too Sunday very much.

What's the bar and food situation like ?? Are they installing marquee like setups

I will feel left out if I didnt have 1 or 2 for Liam Gallagher as it will be a drink fest I imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Slipperydodger

Looks a great venue and looking forward too Sunday very much.

What's the bar and food situation like ?? Are they installing marquee like setups

I will feel left out if I didnt have 1 or 2 for Liam Gallagher as it will be a drink fest I imagine

Lots of food options such as Wok and Roll, Rebel Burger, O Flynn Sausages, etc. Also, bars line the opposite end of the pitch so you should be well sorted!!

The venue looks fantastic. I hope it really proves successful and continues into next year. Tickets still available for The Coronas, Liam Gallagher and Lauryn Hill for anyone interested.

Lots of food options such as Wok and Roll, Rebel Burger, O Flynn Sausages, etc. Also, bars line the opposite end of the pitch so you should be well sorted!!

The venue looks fantastic. I hope it really proves successful and continues into next year. Tickets still available for The Coronas, Liam Gallagher and Lauryn Hill for anyone interested.

I'm in the stand

Is there a separate bar ?

• Advertisement

any budweiser on sale there?

Advertisement