Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ladies... Married at resgistry office question..

• 08-02-2019 2:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

A question for the ladies who got married in a registry office.... What did ye wear??! I don’t know of anyone personally who got married this way..so I haven’t a notion what’s the norm.. I’m assuming it doesn’t have to be the fancy white wedding dress and that it’s more low key..?
    I’ve been to plenty of civil ceremonies alright but in a hotel in a full wedding setting..
    All we want is to be married, and not looking for a big fuss
    We’re waiting on them to confirm our proposed date, which is in August, so maybe a nice summer dress might suffice

Comments

im not a lady, but i did marry one at a registry office once

you wear literally whatever you want to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

I've seen people in full wedding dresses, 'nice' dresses, and casual clothes. Its completely down to you - maybe think about what your plans will be after the ceremony and choose your outfit with that in mind also?

I just wore a nice knee-length dress, but I also wore white flower clip in my hair to feel a bit 'wedding-y'.

It's entirely up to you, but good idea to wear something that will look well in a photo for years to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

I wore a long maroon dress, the couple arriving we were leaving were in full wedding gear ( suit, big dress, 4 bridesmaids) . A good friend of mine wore a nice pale blue fitted 2 piece jacket and skirt combo to hers.

No rules, whatever you feel is right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭c6ysaphjvqw41k

My mother wore a pale grey suit. Not like a corporate looking suit just very fashionable and sophisticated. Was lovely. Can wear anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I wore a wedding dress. It doesn't look overdone or out of place but you can wear whatever you like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

You can wear whatever you like. I wore a midi length white dress to mine, the bride before us wore a short wedding dress and converse, the people after us were more formal. There's no dress code.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

My wife wore a white wedding dress but it's really up to you. There's no dress code. What's happening after? Is it just you two? Family, friends? Hotel booked, restaurant booked?

We had friends and family and went to a restaurant afterwards. I wore a 3 piece suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭loalae

I wore a dress advertised as a bridemaid dress. It was mauve - I loved it.

The couple before us wore more traditional wedding clothes but even then the woman's white dress was tea length.

Basically - as everyone else is saying here - wear whatever you want to (it's nicer if you love the outfit.)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NearlyForty

kcdiom wrote: »
    I've seen people in full wedding dresses, 'nice' dresses, and casual clothes. Its completely down to you - maybe think about what your plans will be after the ceremony and choose your outfit with that in mind also?

That’s a good idea actually, thanks!

• Advertisement

I just wore a nice knee-length dress, but I also wore white flower clip in my hair to feel a bit 'wedding-y'.

It's entirely up to you, but good idea to wear something that will look well in a photo for years to come.

I’ll def keep the photo in mind when picking out something, thanks

Wheety wrote: »
    My wife wore a white wedding dress but it's really up to you. There's no dress code. What's happening after? Is it just you two? Family, friends? Hotel booked, restaurant booked?

We had friends and family and went to a restaurant afterwards. I wore a 3 piece suit.

We’re planning on just bringing our witnesses to the registry office and meeting family for a meal afterwards..and a few close friends !
    And it’ll be a restaurant job

loalae wrote: »
    I wore a dress advertised as a bridemaid dress. It was mauve - I loved it.

The couple before us wore more traditional wedding clothes but even then the woman's white dress was tea length.

Basically - as everyone else is saying here - wear whatever you want to (it's nicer if you love the outfit.)

Your dress sounds lovely!
    Yeah, I’m veering more towards a nice dress (don’t want the white wedding dress)
    And as you said, once you feel great in it that’s all that matters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I wore a nice colourful dress to the registry office and my husband wore a suit. We only had our parents there and went for lunch afterwards. The people after us were in full wedding gear but also had a lot more people. We did the full wedding the next day so I wore a wedding dress to that.

I wore a nice colourful dress to the registry office and my husband wore a suit. We only had our parents there and went for lunch afterwards. The people after us were in full wedding gear but also had a lot more people. We did the full wedding the next day so I wore a wedding dress to that.

Sounds lovely! Yeah, we want to get married now, with a registry office service first and then later on, in a year or two, we’d like to get a blessing abroad say, with family & friends when we have the money etc.. But for now we’re happy with this :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Windorah

We also did similar and I chose to wear a dress but nothing bridal. It really is anything goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭buffin

We had the wedding a week before the the legals in the registry office, but we still wanted to make a small occasion of it. I wore a similar dress skirt and top that I'd gotten for my bridesmaid for our wedding. It was nice to have that consistency so it felt like all part of the same big celebration. Maybe think about something timeless you could wear again?

But as everyone said you can technically wear anything at all you want, so just pick something that feels like you and you love!

buffin wrote: »
    We had the wedding a week before the the legals in the registry office, but we still wanted to make a small occasion of it. I wore a similar dress skirt and top that I'd gotten for my bridesmaid for our wedding. It was nice to have that consistency so it felt like all part of the same big celebration. Maybe think about something timeless you could wear again?

But as everyone said you can technically wear anything at all you want, so just pick something that feels like you and you love!

Sounds good. Thanks!

Advertisement