Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Survey of Internet Addiction among online Fantasy Football players

Options
  • 07-11-2018 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi there

My name is Dr David Columb and I am a Senior Medical Officer working with Professor Colin O’Gara in the Addiction Department in St John of God Hospital, Stillorgan, Co Dublin. We conduct research in respect to behavioral addictions – addictions that do not involve a substance such as drugs or alcohol. Examples of this are gambling addiction, gaming addiction and internet use addiction.

We would be very grateful if you could complete this survey on internet use addiction and other questions related to fantasy football use and mental health. The link below will lead to a detailed Information Sheet on the study, as well as some Consent questions prior to commencing the study. The survey should take around 10 minutes to complete.

https://sjogh.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/fantasyfootball

If you have any questions about the survey, please do not hesitate to contact me at david.columb@sjog.ie. I've been in contact with the moderators and they are happy for me to post this survey up.

Of note, we're looking for fantasy players of the Fantasy Premierleague game, not the NFL version currently.

Again I'd really appreciate if you could fill the survey out if you have some time to spare.

Kind Regards

David

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Does posting on boards count as research ? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Rikand wrote: »
    You don't think it's a valid location for the target profile ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

This sounds like some elaborate plan by my wife to measure just how many hours if my life are dedicated to FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭columbd

Rikand wrote: »

If you're spending hours on it solely to improve your team, then yes!

Advertisement