Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

star trek online

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I've played it for a few years and would love to get back into it if I got the chance. I think it's a really good game. It's very single player friendly and good for playing in short bursts when you just feel like popping in. It can seem a little overwhelming when you see all the duty officer sections and the skill listings aren't the easiest things to immediately understand. But if you throw yourself into it, it does make sense after a while.

It's free to play, so I say go for it and see if you like it. It's one of the few games I honestly felt obliged to buy something from it's store because I had so much fun with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

New expansion announced

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9937943-star-trek-online%3A-agents-of-yesterday-announcement

"Agents of Yesterday'

Agents of Yesterday will leverage the time travel-centric storyline propelling the game's current events to give players an opportunity to create new characters native to the 23rd century and undertake "an adventure featuring classic storylines, locations, celebrities, and era-appropriate starships". Also, the classic lizard-man Gorn from "Arena" will be making an appearance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Star Trek Online coming to Xbox One and PS4

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9956413

The console peasants will be on their own sever so no mixing with their PC betters :pac:

PC version getting new graphics update this year and rumors of a UI overhaul which is badly needed.

Not to impressed with the ToS expansion as STO is one of the most alt unfriendly MMO's on the market so starting over a new character just doesn't appeal to me tbh.

And another annoucment to come this weekend, some serious shakes ups so far

Hoping it will not be two separate servers like neverwinter.

And another annoucment to come this weekend, some serious shakes ups so far

Hoping it will not be two separate servers like neverwinter.

Devs have said its two separate servers just like Neverwinter.

Also, the AoY starter missions on Tribble test server are buggy and broken as fcuk. Don't waste the bandwidth on them atm.

Anyone playing the new expansion?

Anyone playing the new expansion?

Played a bit to get the character status as a recruit for account wide rewards. The quality of the new content which is pretty meh tbh.

Venom wrote: »
    Played a bit to get the character status as a recruit for account wide rewards. The quality of the new content which is pretty meh tbh.

Not a lot of new content, but it will be released in consoles soon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Having played it for about 17 hours, i'm finding it very easy to get into. The ship maneuvering seems daunting at first but is pretty intuitive and a lit easier to fly than the Star Trek games on consoles. Is there any way that you can go into 3rd person mode and just wander around your ship? I'm hoping to eventually pick up the Nova Class, I wasted the Steamrunner but it doesn't seem available :(

• Advertisement

Having played it for about 17 hours, i'm finding it very easy to get into. The ship maneuvering seems daunting at first but is pretty intuitive and a lit easier to fly than the Star Trek games on consoles. Is there any way that you can go into 3rd person mode and just wander around your ship? I'm hoping to eventually pick up the Nova Class, I wasted the Steamrunner but it doesn't seem available :(

You can use the drop down menu on the top right of the UI to "visit your bridge" and depending on the ship you have (Lobi or certain c-store ones), it will have a show accurate one or just a generic one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 carlowdude

Hey Guys, I have been playing star trek online since 2012, I pvp alot on space (Ker'rat) and sometimes ground pvp, any chance do anyone pvp here?

Advertisement