Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish Revolution- Cillian Murphy narration

Options
  • 11-02-2019 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭

Excellent series. Part 2 on now. Great counter balance to the nonsense of drama like Resistance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

Many people, less aware of the subject are given a concise account of the facts.

Terence McSwiney - forgotten hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I have to say that it's very good so far. Donal O' Drisceoil, who contributes to the series was one of my history lecturers in UCC.

branie2 wrote: »
    I have to say that it's very good so far. Donal O' Drisceoil, who contributes to the series was one of my history lecturers in UCC.

He was excellent on 'The Burning of Cork' 2006 documentary also. History grad myself :)

UCC grad?

• Advertisement

branie2 wrote: »
    UCC grad?

TCD 1997 :)

I graduated from UCC in 2003

• Registered Users Posts: 15,747 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Thought it a bit rushed at times, but otherwise good. Would liked to have known where and when some of the original footage not referenced in the narration was taken.

Very apt that Cillian Murphy is narrating. He played a rebel in The Wind That Shakes the Barley.

Fantastic series. I think I'm going to look at it from the start again on player as there is just so much to take in. In fairness RTE do some great documetaries.

• Advertisement

Great last episode, and another one of my lecturers in UCC made a contribution to the episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

inthehat wrote: »
    Fantastic series. I think I'm going to look at it from the start again on player as there is just so much to take in. In fairness RTE do some great documetaries.

Absolutely, will watch this again. Took so much from this, more than I ever did in my school days. Not good to watch this before bed, I'm wound up watching what people went through here...!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Duggie2012

lads this was awesome. i knew some of the story but never realised how bad it was. now after seeing this i realise. some amount of brave men and women around the country willing to die for a free Ireland. Would make ya proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Yes indeed. The bits I saw were excellent. I must watch the whole lot again.

Advertisement