Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentures?

Options
  • 10-09-2019 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

I have a toothache in an incisor tooth (bottom). Dentist appointment is Friday afternoon. The dentist never sees me unless I have a toothache, it's been about 10 years since my last visit :)

I reckon they'll have to either do a root canal (expensive and doesn't always work) or pull it out. I'm veering towards the extraction option tbh.

I've a molar missing on the bottom too, got that pulled a decade ago. The question I have is are dentures better than they used to be years ago, or are they still hopelessly uncomfortable? I have to consider all my options as I might have a nice hole in my front teeth. I've looked at the screw in types, but doubt my bone density would be adequate, and it's crazy expensive.

I would need 2 teeth 1 incisor and 1 molar. Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Fishorsealant

Root canal treatment is very successful and you would be much better off saving the tooth if you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

A denture is never an ideal option. Try save your teeth if you can, even if it mean sacrificing other things.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Suppose I'll have to dust off the old "Avant Card"
    Thanks for the advice, I'll see what happens on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Update - got prescribed antibiotics and I'm booked in for a root canal in two weeks time.

The dentist agreed with the opinions expressed on here, and she said it should be very successful.

Thanks everyone for your advice.

Advertisement