Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing as a mature student

Options
  • 26-09-2017 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi just looking for some advice. I would love to study nursing. I'm 30, married and have a 10 month old little girl. I'm a secondary school teacher but really feel that nursing is my calling. I don't have a science subject though would I need one on entry as a mature student? I would hope to study in DKIT. What fees are we looking at?? Thank you in advance any advice would be greatly appreciatedðŸ˜႒

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Whistlejacket

You could come along to the DkIT open day on Nov 10/11. It's a good chance to talk to nursing lecturers and students directly so you can ask them any questions you might have about the course and the various options open to you. You'll find details on this link: https://www.dkit.ie/think-dkit/open-day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Tenigate

Fees are over €7k a year as you already have an undergrad degree.

I'd say there's a fair bit of competition getting a mature applicant space. A science subject or work experience (caring) might help. O'Fiaich college does a level 5 but from what I gather it would be covered as part of the DKIT course so it's a lot of effort for a cert.. but maybe a few modules that include work experience would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 katiemags87

Tenigate wrote: »
    Fees are over €7k a year as you already have an undergrad degree.

I'd say there's a fair bit of competition getting a mature applicant space. A science subject or work experience (caring) might help. O'Fiaich college does a level 5 but from what I gather it would be covered as part of the DKIT course so it's a lot of effort for a cert.. but maybe a few modules that include work experience would help.

7k wow that's a lot!! Do you know of anyone who has qualified for a grant or is this impossible once you have a degree already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Tenigate

Think it's impossible but if you find out any different let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

7k wow that's a lot!! Do you know of anyone who has qualified for a grant or is this impossible once you have a degree already?

Contact the access office. You may well not have to pay that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement