Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NRL and all things Rugby League down under

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Golden point win for the dragons. Played well too. I agree Danick I think the cowboys might struggle this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,061 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Great game between the Warriors and the Bunnies. Going to finish up with the wrong score (from my perspective) but a good fun watch. Useless defence aplenty.

Warriors did what they do best, fcuk up a winning position in fine style.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Good win for the dragons. Hunt was on fire. Good to see him play well he can be very up and down.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

Good win for the dragons. Hunt was on fire. Good to see him play well he can be very up and down.

bulldogs suck :(. They were terrible and I don't see it getting any better anytime soon a lot of fans not happy around belmore .

I think there is going to be four or five teams well adrift at the bottom this year, and the play off places sewn up way earlier than last season.

Some game between the Storm and Roosters. Brilliant come-back from Melbourne to be 20 nil down to level it up but maybe it makes it more sickening to lose to the drop goal.

Great game anyway.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Brilliant game yesterday. the NRL is restoring my faith in Rugby League...Cricket has taken over as my favourite sport the past couple of years but RL has come roaring back and may snatch it back !

In a surprise to no one Warriors lose again. RTS must wonder why he bothers.

In a surprise to no one Warriors lose again. RTS must wonder why he bothers.
    Warriors must be a fans worst nightmare. Close win by Saints and Hunt is still looking good. I'd say Hasler still has steam coming out his ears.

• Advertisement

Another Warriors loss, played pretty well tbf. Coach still needs the boot though.

Bunnies had some goal line defence today against the Panthers. Thought they could have given away a couple more penalties but held their line very well.

Qld teams not having a good time this year

Good win for the Bunnies today. Very comfortable for the majority of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Danick

Good win for the Bunnies today. Very comfortable for the majority of the game.

Caught a glimpse of a very smiley Bennet towards the end - he must have loved every minute of it.

Danick wrote: »
    Caught a glimpse of a very smiley Bennet towards the end - he must have loved every minute of it.

When he smiles you know he must have been pleased. The word "dour" was invented for him I think.

Much needed win for the Cowboys. Sharks and Storm is a good game so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Danick

When he smiles you know he must have been pleased. The word "dour" was invented for him I think.

For sure - great win for Cowboys today - great to see JT back.

Even by the Warriors sh*tty standards that was pathetic. Made the Knights look like prospective Premiers.

Another good win for the Knights over the Bulldogs. Now I have to endure the Warriors against St George, as the NRL have kindly shared: The Dragons have defeated the Warriors in 10 of their past 11 games played in Australia.

Warriors were 18 6 down at half time, didn't see it coming, they were awful first half defensively, but played really well second half against St George and won 26 18.

Pretty typical Warriors to play so well after such dross previous week.

Looks like second win on the bounce for the Warriors. Penrith very ordinary, particularly in defence.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Looks like second win on the bounce for the Warriors. Penrith very ordinary, particularly in defence.

Compliment

Fantastic game between the Raiders and Bunnies. Best I've seen in a while.

Fantastic game between the Raiders and Bunnies. Best I've seen in a while.

Didn't see the whole game but what I saw was a cracker. What are NSW gonna do with the halves?

Almost like the Titans wanted to lose that. Two very kickable penalties missed and some really strange last tackle choices, but that was some tackle at the end by the Cowboys to keep them out.

https://streamable.com/afdts

All going of in the Bunnies Knights game. Going to start the second half 11 a side. Think at least one of the Burgess brothers was lucky to not see red for a headbutt.

The Raiders are great fun to watch.

NRL update, Warriors are still sh*te.

Really inconvenient times they have these games on! Got up at 6 to see the Broncos v Titans and it's already half time. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

The Raiders are great fun to watch.

I'm after watching that Cotric through ball about 50 times. Absolutely beautiful haha

NRL update, Warriors are still sh*te.

not as bad as the doggies :(

• Advertisement

not as bad as the doggies :(

Yeah, they were pretty poor this morning. Especially after the blistering first 2 minutes, but that was about a good as it got! Two hammerings by the Dragons this season.

Good game between the Cowboys and Tigers. Lot of mistakes, including from the officials.

Great solo try from Chee Kam to win it for the Tigers v the Rabbitohs, lot of errors second half as the pitch got slippy.

https://streamable.com/oy0gm

George Burgess gouged at Farah's eyes first half, so I reckon he'll get a decent ban.

https://streamable.com/h4zep

Rabbitohs on a pretty bad skid now. Saw about an hour of the game last night and i thought both teams were poor

Broncos are a disaster this season, Darius Boyd the Captain is playing like he's beamed down from another planet and has never played the game before.

The pain of being a warriors fan continues. Incredible they managed to lose that game yesterday but nothing would surprise me anymore

MUFC91CS wrote: »
    The pain of being a warriors fan continues. Incredible they managed to lose that game yesterday but nothing would surprise me anymore

Yeah, they're painful in that regard. How they awarded warded the Fusitu’a try from the video ref baffles me though. Really poor decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

Warriors been doing ok lately. 18-12 up at half time away in parramatta.

Fingers crossed they win this

swiftman wrote: »
    Warriors been doing ok lately. 18-12 up at half time away in parramatta.

Fingers crossed they win this

Few very contentious calls gone against them the last couple of weeks. Sharks got 2 tries off forward passes last week and the RTS pass flagged this week. Zero consistency

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

That was very poor from the Warriors 12-46.
    Upside I couldn't been bothered going to it.
    Looks like only a few made it, didn't hear crowd size but less than 8,000?

Every week I see the big boys not being able to handle the ball and don't have any power in there leg drive.
    Too many players are too comfortable. No hunger, happy to get a wage.

Big shake up needed I think, attitude and culture all wrong

swiftman wrote: »
    That was very poor from the Warriors 12-46.
    Upside I couldn't been bothered going to it.
    Looks like only a few made it, didn't hear crowd size but less than 8,000?

Every week I see the big boys not being able to handle the ball and don't have any power in there leg drive.
    Too many players are too comfortable. No hunger, happy to get a wage.

Big shake up needed I think, attitude and culture all wrong

Big shake up needed for years, don't see it happening anytime soon. They have had the worst of the officials this season, but can't use that for some of the performances this year.

Warriors doing their usual, playing well last game of the season when there's nothing to play for.

Fantastic game Raiders turning over the Storm. What made it even better was Melbourne were wrong end of a touch judge decision (they would have been offside anyway but doesn't stop them feeling hard done by). So that's only 99% of ref calls going their way now. (I joke obviously)

Fantastic game Raiders turning over the Storm. What made it even better was Melbourne were wrong end of a touch judge decision (they would have been offside anyway but doesn't stop them feeling hard done by). So that's only 99% of ref calls going their way now. (I joke obviously)

I really like the raiders. Would love to see them go on and win it. That result is really after blowing the competition open. At least to get to a GF anyway. After how the eels played last night they will fancy their chances going to Melbourne.

• Advertisement

pains me to say but the eels were terrific

pains me to say but the eels were terrific

Broncos have gone into full tilt, total meltdown mode since the game though it was an absolute hammering.

Very tense game between Raiders and the Rabbitohs. Glad the Raiders won, purely because i think they'll have a slightly better chance of beating the Storm (who I think will win tomorrow and probably the grand final).

Didn't catch today's game, but glad the Roosters won, now hopefully they'll lose the final!

Disappointing result in the final, Roosters won, poor ref call is what the chat is about though sadly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement