Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,015 ✭✭✭✭GBX

One good thing to come out of the England game last night was Henderson picking up another yellow meaning he is suspended for their game v Montenegro on 14/11, so he'll be somewhat rested between the City and Palace games. Busy time ahead for games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

GBX wrote: »
    One good thing to come out of the England game last night was Henderson picking up another yellow meaning he is suspended for their game v Montenegro on 14/11, so he'll be somewhat rested between the City and Palace games. Busy time ahead for games.

They also play Kosovo three days later - I'd assume they'll include him in the squad and use him in that game anyway.

Any word as to why Trent was left out for these two games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Lads if anyone is interested nominations are open for the greatest sporting moment of all time, voting next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

idea nicked from a great site (TM)

A Liverpool starting 11 that cost a Pogba (90m Sterling) but could still win a game or three

Adrian
    Free
    TAA---Gomez--Matip--Robbo
    Free-4.5m--Free--8m
    Miner-Wijnaldum
    Free--25m
    Shaqiri
    13m
    --Brewster-Firmino--Origi
    Free-29m-11m

Total cost 90.5 million. Firmino is listed as 37m but that was with all the clauses triggered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

They also play Kosovo three days later - I'd assume they'll include him in the squad and use him in that game anyway.

Any word as to why Trent was left out for these two games?

Simply put - he's second choice for England.

Most assists for a full back in a season and a European Cup medal ain't all that, ya know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭rob316

How doesn't TAA get on the Golden Boy shortlist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

A Liverpool starting 11 that cost a Pogba (90m Sterling) but could still win a game or three

Adrian
    Free

Free-4.5m--Free--8m

Miner-Wijnaldum
    Free--25m

Shaqiri
    13m --

Brewster-Firmino--Origi
    Free-29m-11m

Total cost 90.5 million. Firmino is listed as 37m but that was with all the clauses triggered.

So basically you ignored clauses to suit your argument...

Interesting that of that 11 there's probably only 4/5 first choice starters.. and you've left out the then world record free paid for a goal keeper and defender... But anyways any pet in a storm and all that....

Also pretty poor attempt to get at the opposition as this has been in the public forum for weeks. I'd even go as far as to say some of your friends that you love talking about might've posted this up already.

You appear to have quite ignored the whole point of the post - field a LFC starting XI for the price of a Pogba.

If Firmino was bought for 29 million then that's fair enough. Anyway I'm on the Liverpool thread not the general PL one or the Man Utd one so I'll plough on regardless of your concerns.

As for Potentially Pilsbury Doughboy, have you thought about actually contributing?

lurkers-come-out-to-play-i-ay-quickmeme-com-warriors-come-out-to-51313337.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,033 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Firmino only did cost £29m. It was £22m rising to £29m.

Ah now he wasn't that cheap, Shirley?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,875 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ye Bobby cost a total of £29m Liverpool paid £21m plus £8m in add-ons which I'm guessing have been met by now as they were appearance based for Liverpool and Brazil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

You appear to have quite ignored the whole point of the post - field a LFC starting XI for the price of a Pogba.

If Firmino was bought for 29 million then that's fair enough. Anyway I'm on the Liverpool thread not the general PL one or the Man Utd one so I'll plough on regardless of your concerns.

As for Potentially Pilsbury Doughboy, have you thought about actually contributing?

/off-topc

I ****ing love that film, that whole scene was improvised from a personal experience the actor had. David Patrick Kelly is also in the Crow and is brilliant in it.

Abashed the Devil stood and felt how awful goodness is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Adrian
    Free
    Free-4.5m--Free--8m
    Miner-Wijnaldum
    Free--25m
    Shaqiri
    13m
    Free-29m-11m

That team cost a pretty pogba!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Joel and Alisson back, good times!

FitzShane wrote: »
    Firmino only did cost £29m. It was £22m rising to £29m.
    Ye Bobby cost a total of £29m Liverpool paid £21m plus £8m in add-ons which I'm guessing have been met by now as they were appearance based for Liverpool and Brazil.

Transfermarket wrong again! It feels like Hoffenheim should be allowed to have another 29 million somehow.

Also I just realised half that team is freebies - so FSG out.

Ali and the Beard are on the way back.

thumb_95241_default_news_size_5.jpeg

Don't you have to be on Boards 6 months before you can apply to a poster in the soccer forum?

We will have a while to wait before they contribute and we see some interesting content.

Never really read anything on Blue Moon, just had a look there its ****ing pathetic. This place might get dragged to the gutter at times but christ the bitterness runs deep over there. Laughing at them referring to Liverpool as "Littlewoods", relevant there lads :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

rob316 wrote: »
    Never really read anything on Blue Moon, just had a look there its ****ing pathetic. This place might get dragged to the gutter at times but christ the bitterness runs deep over there. Laughing at them referring to Liverpool as "Littlewoods", relevant there lads :rolleyes:

It's a total cesspit

I occasionally went on there after a notable fixture to soak up the fume but now wouldn't even recommend reading it for a laugh. After the initial 'ha-ha' it just gets depressing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,898 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

It is a little embarrassing that someone's gone and created a second account just to thank every single post from a few very specific users, even so far as going and thanking posts from before said thanking account was created.

Don't you have to be on Boards 6 months before you can apply to a poster in the soccer forum?

We will have a while to wait before they contribute and we see some interesting content.

To have access to the forum you need to be on boards for one month and to have made 50 posts AFAIK, He joined on 09-10-2019, as things stand I regard Potentially Pilsbury Doughboy as abusing his current "non status". What are the chances of him applying to join this forum? Pretty small I'd say.

I would imagine it's the same on most fan-specific sites. I have friends who consume a lot of football content via fan sites and it's baffling how warped it is. It's not club-specific but by isolating your viewpoints to that sort of medium, it's no surprise to see a very skewed view develop.

The General Premier League thread on here is a dumpster fire a lot of the time but imagine that with just one set of fans posting and no response? It'd be bizarre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

To have access to the forum you need to be on boards for one month and to have made 50 posts AFAIK, He joined on 09-10-2019, as things stand I regard Potentially Pilsbury Doughboy as abusing his current "non status". What are the chances of him applying to join this forum? Pretty small I'd say.

If the only contribution isn’t a Kenny powers gif followed by account closure I’m going to be disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Turtyturd wrote: »
    If the only contribution isn’t a Kenny powers gif followed by account closure I’m going to be disappointed.

There’s a high potential to underachieve, though boy I’d surprised if they ever post.

• Advertisement

Posting would take away the majesty of the total sh1thousery of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,898 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Ah lads lay off them, they probably just need a few more duolingo lessons before they feel comfortable posting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Adrian
    Free
    Free-4.5m--Free--8m
    Miner-Wijnaldum
    Free--25m
    Shaqiri
    13m
    Free-29m-11m

That’s a fun game that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭tinpib

De Gea gone off injured with a muscle problem. Not sure what to make of that if he is out of Sunday's game, he is getting increasingly reliable for a clanger these days, how times have changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I have it narrowed down to 2 posters but one red hot fav who created that bogus account, I daren't name names though for fear of the ban hammer and yes it's weird as fck and sad and pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

Why is there a criteria you have to reach to discuss football on the internet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,977 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

B_ecke_r wrote: »
    Why is there a criteria you have to reach to discuss football on the internet?

In theory it was to make it a little more difficult for people to make quick accounts just to come in and act the langer. Just think how many language apps would be getting plugs if it wasn't there!

Seriously though, when you see just how horrible most football forums are, it's definitely better to have some sort of basic effort/time filter to gain access.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭giveitholly

If De Gea is out for Sunday put money on Romero to be man of the match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

I have it narrowed down to 2 posters but one red hot fav who created that bogus account, I daren't name names though for fear of the ban hammer and yes it's weird as fck and sad and pathetic.

If you do name them, you have to do it Colleen Rooney style with a lengthy post explaining your reasons like your Hercule Poirot and then at the end finish with a simply “it’s........”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    In theory it was to make it a little more difficult for people to make quick accounts just to come in and act the langer. Just think how many language apps would be getting plugs if it wasn't there!

Seriously though, when you see just how horrible most football forums are, it's definitely better to have some sort of basic effort/time filter to gain access.

I've said it before and I'll give my 2 cents again. Imo I think a small donation of a euro should be needed to post on certain forums or actually for any form of social media. This would dramatically reduce the amount of trolling on the internet. Too many people out there hiding behind bogus accounts free to abuse whoever they like.

I would imagine it's the same on most fan-specific sites. I have friends who consume a lot of football content via fan sites and it's baffling how warped it is. It's not club-specific but by isolating your viewpoints to that sort of medium, it's no surprise to see a very skewed view develop.

The General Premier League thread on here is a dumpster fire a lot of the time but imagine that with just one set of fans posting and no response? It'd be bizarre.

It's like the kind of stuff you see in the replies to tweets on Twitter. RAWK is bad, Redcafe not much better but this is a total dumpster.

FSG took over the club 9 years ago today.

Getting rid of Roy and bringing King Kenny back to win the only trophy he hadn't won as a manager in England.

Then bringing in Klopp who won number 6!

They have done amazing in those 9 years.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-four-key-fsg-promises-17084646

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,977 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

FSG took over the club 9 years ago today.

Getting rid of Roy and bringing King Kenny back to win the only trophy he hadn't won as a manager in England.

Then bringing in Klopp who won number 6!

They have done amazing in those 9 years.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-four-key-fsg-promises-17084646

Best we could really ever hope for, short of some sort of fan-share ownership!

*SOS Klaxon* :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,352 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

How doesn't TAA get on the Golden Boy shortlist?

He's over 21 now. The bigger issue is how Foden got on that list and he's barely played and Mbappe is left off it?

Between who's on it I'd say it's between Sancho, De Ligt and Felix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I feel sorry for anyone who hides behind a second account, never change account just to get on the good side or appease others, **** that we are who we are, stand your ground and be proud, your opinions matter as much as anyones.
    Now those changing just to jump threads and take the piss are another story

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭robwen

TitianGerm wrote: »
    He's over 21 now. The bigger issue is how Foden got on that list and he's barely played and Mbappe is left off it?

Mbappé missed out last year too - he was expected to be the second player to win it twice but didn't make the cut.

Organisers said at the time that their reasoning was that the award is to "launch one new face each year" so they wanted to omit previous winners.

Now I'm not sure how that tallies - de Ligt is on it this year and won it last year, for example.

TitianGerm wrote: »

Thought he was still 20 just turned 21 last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

World record for an English competition. For **** sake :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Romero is a very good goalkeeper, and De Gea is not consistent as he used to be, but still De Gea is probably the only keeper in the league capable of putting in a freak performance of numerous world class saves in one game, winning his team points they have no right to win (I'm thinking back to the 3-1 against Arsenal a couple of years ago as one example, or I think there was a 0-0 against us too where we dominated and de Gea won them a point).

Him being out can only be a good thing, he always raises his game against us and I feel like some of our attackers may even have a bit of a mental block about facing him.

Knex. wrote: »
    World record for an English competition. For **** sake :pac:

It's still a world record though. Nobody else in the world achieved better - English is just the classification.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,033 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Morzadec wrote: »
    I feel like some of our attackers may even have a bit of a mental block about facing him.

It makes sense. Opposition players probably have the same when facing Alisson. The 2 players keepers are so good at shot-stopping that the forward knows that they shot on goal has to be almost perfect in order to beat the keeper and score. They know that the shot has to be right in the corner, which forces the attacker to make sure that their shot is exactly correct. Hitting the target is not good enough.

• Advertisement

Robbo better up his game, get back to early crossing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement