Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Feedback Thread 2019

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

I find that the same posters who post crap in the humour thread are generally trolling outside that thread too, some even inexplicably complain about stuff posted in it but then contribute to it , mind boggling ignorance! Good idea to get rid of that thread altogether, it'll stop people getting their trolling thrills.

The humour thread serves a purpose and is easy to avoid if you dont want to read it. There is some funny stuff in it if you wade through the united liverpool BS.

Best thing that could be done for the forum would be to turn off the thanks function. That's the root of alot of the crap. It's possible to do as the likes of the helpdesk and the thunderdome (RIP) had it switched off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    But only one side is complaining about bias and witch-hunting mods and posters out of the forum. The worst thing to be is a hypocrite.

And if you’ve a negative fatalistic attitude then, yes, this forum (or any forum after a while) is probably a waste of time.

When one side is perfectly happy with the bias and protection then of course they won't complain about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

When one side is perfectly happy with the bias and protection then of course they won't complain about it.

Again, the issue of bias was directly and robustly addressed by the admin team during a lengthy Helpdesk thread. It was dismissed. It is not real. It is imagined.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

pjohnson wrote: »
    Again focusing on the Liverpool - Barca thread when the same stuff happened in the United - PSG first leg thread.

Yep this thread will be as much use as last years then.

You'll be at it a long time if you're looking for the source of who acted the bollox first.

Wumming on this forum has always been a thing and it isn't some new phenomenon. There isn't any solution to it other than for people to harden up a bit. Mods can only do so much if posters know how to play the charter like a fiddle.

In regards to the consistency of the modding, it's hard to really give an opinion on this if people don't have specific instances to offer as an example. Mods have been demodded before, and in this actual forum no less, for not doing the job they volunteered to do, so if there's some unknown scandal happening here then by all means posters should feel free to make a case.

If not, then it goes back to my original suggestion of learning to accept some things can't be changed. No one is obligated to stick around here if they feel it's gone to the dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭BillyHasMates

There has been constant and consistent baiting and name dropping of one united fan in particular. The obsession that many lfc fans have about this poster, what he posts and where he posts is as bizarre as anything I've ever seen on the site.

It's not that bizarre really. He is one of the chief baiters of Liverpool fans in the forum. I could say I find it equally bizarre how United fans hold this poster in such reverence. I find it equally bizarre how he hasn't been perma banned yet. He made two quick fire contributions to a thread some weeks back that were particularly nasty and he appeared to just go off on one. The posts were quickly deleted and it doesn't appear any action was taken as he is still posting on the forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,148 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

But only one side is complaining about bias and witch-hunting mods and posters out of the forum. The worst thing to be is a hypocrite.

And if you’ve a negative fatalistic attitude then, yes, this forum (or any forum after a while) is probably a waste of time.

Actually it just reads that one side is upset that someone can have "banter" in their teams match thread. While completing ignoring there own carry on.

The fact is when "Team X" looses the gobshíte fans of "Team Y" will start stirring the pot and "bantering". Especially if there is a dedicated match thread (or if not just use the Humour thread) to start the thanks fishing in. Thats just the way it is.

On any given weekend Team X can be Liverpool or United with Team Y being the opposite one.

So crying over the behaviour of the one of the groups over a specific thread (Liverpool - Barca) only illustrates the ability to wear blinkers when in reality the ones upset over that thread likely took immense pleasure the previous week (PSG - United).

Agree re. Hypocrites.

One side as bad as the other. But some feign innocence.

• LuckyLloyd wrote: »

You were banned from the Utd thread for trolling

I doubt you are in any position to call anyone a hypocrite

As for inconsistencies ref these threads within only one year, and look who is in the thread attempting to derail multiple posters sharing concerns. Same moderator keeps popping up too. Multiple posters who support multiple teams.

Inconsistent and biased moderation in the soccer forum (148)

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/109048018

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/109951899

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057961269/1/#post109633344

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057962439/1/#post109622723

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057916393/1

Require anymore evidence?

Actually it just reads that one side is upset that someone can have "banter" in their teams match thread. While completing ignoring there own carry on.

The fact is when "Team X" looses the gobshíte fans of "Team Y" will start stirring the pot and "bantering". Especially if there is a dedicated match thread (or if not just use the Humour thread) to start the thanks fishing in. Thats just the way it is.

On any given weekend Team X can be Liverpool or United with Team Y being the opposite one.

So crying over the behaviour of the one of the groups over a specific thread (Liverpool - Barca) only illustrates the ability to wear blinkers when in reality the ones upset over that thread likely took immense pleasure the previous week (PSG - United).

Agree re. Hypocrites.

Again, there is only one of these two sets of fans screaming about bias. To the extent they tried to achieve an eye for an eye demodding. And when that didn’t work have seemingly decided to try and raze the forum to the ground with massive volumes of targeted post reporting; constant complaints about modding; and constant griping in general about how persecuted they are.

When it comes to that, there is no tit for tat. The current set of Utd fans have truly set new standards.

Again, there is only one of these two sets of fans screaming about bias. To the extent they tried to achieve an eye for an eye demodding. And when that didn’t work have seemingly decided to try and raze the forum to the ground with massive volumes of targeted post reporting; constant complaints about modding; and constant griping in general about how persecuted they are.

When it comes to that, there is no tit for tat. The current set of Utd fans have truly set new standards.

Tbf considering the inability you show to acknowledge ANY misbehaviour from Liverpool fans and your laser focus on criticising Utd fans maybe you should stop tryna dismiss bias while only heavily showing your own bias.
    But then again I'd forgotten you recieved a Utd thread ban so I guess being impartial/unbiased was never going to be an option for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Interested to know how you are privy to this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    One 'group' is getting away with things and another isn't.

Show the evidence of this conspiracy. Are mods in on it too? Sorry, not buying it.

You don't have to buy it your not a moderator or admin.

It has been well dialogged all year between mods and posters of instances pointed out of inconsistent modding of the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Theres some fairly sweeping claims. You aren't a mod so how could you possibly know what posts are reported, never mind the fact that you are alleging there is massive volumes of targeted posts being reported? Interesting that you seem to have detailed knowledge about what is happening behind the scenes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Woah there holly was that not closed because of Hillsbrough memorial?

Hillsborough memorial is in April,this happened in late feb/early March so nothing to woah about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Are Mods telling you this? How do you know?

Tbf considering the inability you show to acknowledge ANY misbehaviour from Liverpool fans and your laser focus on criticising Utd fans maybe you should stop tryna dismiss bias while only heavily showing your own bias.
    But then again I'd forgotten you recieved a Utd thread ban so I guess being impartial/unbiased was never going to be an option for you.

You consistently seem unable to understand the point. There is nothing happening in this forum that is unusual or out of keeping with the history of the forum. Infact the current mod team deserve praise for how well it is currently running.

Liverpool / Utd fans have very similar mixes with very similar tendencies. But only one of those two groups is trying to burn it to the ground currently. Obviously because of fortunes on the pitch. That’s the difference at present.

• Advertisement

How are you aware of the post reporting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Its worth reminding people that in the last feedback thread there was soapboxing by a number of posters who repeatedly pushed the narrative that there were no problems and that any concerns people had were imaginary and not based in fact.

As such, if feedback is given, is it going to be responded to by mods or by proxy mods?

Its worth reminding people that in the last feedback thread there was soapboxing by a number of posters who repeatedly pushed the narrative that there were no problems and that any concerns people had were imaginary and not based in fact.

As such, if feedback is given, is it going to be responded to by mods or by proxy mods?

It is surely unacceptable to constantly trot out accusations of bias repeatedly dealt with and dismissed by the local mod team and the Boards.ie admin team. There is no higher power or court to adjudge the claims as unfounded.

Continuing to scream about them sucks the oxygen from the forum. It needs to end.

You consistently seem unable to understand the point. There is nothing happening in this forum that is unusual or out of keeping with the history of the forum. Infact the current mod team deserve praise for how well it is currently running.

Liverpool / Utd fans have very similar mixes with very similar tendencies. But only one of those two groups is trying to burn it to the ground currently. Obviously because of fortunes on the pitch. That’s the difference at present.

No I understand the point or at least the point you keep banging on about.
    Noodler originally said "both sets of rival fans". That I agree with BOTH fan groups have gobshítes.

You just seem to have fetishised the idea that its only United fans. And that by me mentioning the gobshítes from both groups that I am somehow "trying to burn it to the ground". And you cant stop going on about "there is no bias".

You have your own topic unrelated to the topic being discussed re. Gobshítes fans. You only want to relieve last years feedback thread and discuss bias.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Funny how a lot of the feedback comes from those banned for trolling themselves :)

Plenty to say! I guess it suits them to steer the direction of things. Hopefully mods not stupid in this regard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Are there going to be any new mods added?

The current mods must be too busy when you consider the amount of posts they miss that should be actionable.
    Sometimes they are even posting in the same thread but obviously are under too much pressure and simply miss them.

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Funny how a lot of the feedback comes from those banned for trolling themselves :)

Plenty to say!

Tbf anyone who is banned for trolling should probably be exempt as they will undoubtedly have an axe to grind.

Tbf anyone who is banned for trolling should probably be exempt as they will undoubtedly have an axe to grind.

I have no axe to grind. I’ve been on this forum a very long time and post about all sorts of football on it. I’m a big boy. I’m happy to work within the rules and the mod team that are there. And it is obvious that things are as good here as they’ve ever been.

Indeed, me serving a thread ban after huge amounts of pressure should surely underline that there is no bias? And around and around we could go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Something fishy about this ,how do you know about the number of reports ?

I have no axe to grind. I’ve been on this forum a very long time and post about all sorts of football on it. I’m a big boy. I’m happy to work within the rules and the mod team that are there. And it is obvious that things are as good here as they’ve ever been.

Indeed, me serving a thread ban after huge amounts of pressure should surely underline that there is no bias? And around and around we could go.
    And again YOU go on about Bias. If you worked within rules you wouldnt have been banned.

There is bias applied and just because beasty set out his stall and backed the mods to the hilt doesn't make it any less true.

There is a huge amount of protection applied to the liverpool thread.

A united fan was pmd by a mod and told to stop thanking posts in the thread. Not abusive or troll posts, just regular posts. Do you think that would happen anywhere else across the entire site, that people can complain about who thanks posts and has mods tell them to stop doing it.

There has been constant and consistent baiting and name dropping of one united fan in particular. The obsession that many lfc fans have about this poster, what he posts and where he posts is as bizarre as anything I've ever seen on the site.

I have reported posts that clearly are against the charter but in a number of cases no action was taken. It's very clear cut, breach of the charter is a breach of the charter and the same rules should apply to everyone but that simply does not happen. The excuse that mods cant read every post only washes if the posts aren't reported. If they are reported they are seen by multiple mods yet it's a case of pick and choose when to apply the charter or not.

When one mod is calling the shots on the forum then how they view things will be the order of the day rather than applying the common sense approach.

So the Liverpool thread is protected.

Again completely false.

When you making big statements its aways good to post valid evidence.

You do realise that your post is actually biased which is ironic as you are complaining about bias! Bias that doesn't actually exist.

It is surely unacceptable to constantly trot out accusations of bias repeatedly dealt with and dismissed by the local mod team and the Boards.ie admin team. There is no higher power or court to adjudge the claims as unfounded.

Continuing to scream about them sucks the oxygen from the forum. It needs to end.

I would suggest that your opinion on this topic appears to have been very clearly stated, and we understand your feelings on the matter.

I await a mods opinion on my question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

I’m very interested to know how you would be aware of such things considering you’re not a moderator to have access to who reports what. Is this pure speculation on your part? Has a moderator told you about this? If a moderator has told you then they’d be in breach of their privileges and is in a lot more hot water than they know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Interested to know how you are privy to this?
    Theres some fairly sweeping claims. You aren't a mod so how could you possibly know what posts are reported, never mind the fact that you are alleging there is massive volumes of targeted posts being reported? Interesting that you seem to have detailed knowledge about what is happening behind the scenes.
    Are Mods telling you this? How do you know?
    How are you aware of the post reporting?

Stop asking scary questions lads, it's not nice.

Nothing to be concerned about here, now move along.

And again YOU go on about Bias. If you worked within rules you wouldnt have been banned.

I received no card. I have always tried to post within the rules of this forum, and will continue to do so.

I understand the massive pressure placed on the local mod team and Beasty this year from one set of fans in the main. I understand their reactions in that context and how they felt forced to remove posters temporarily from the Utd thread as a result.

I am very consistent over the years in my advocacy for a shared football forum. It is what makes the forum a unique and valuable resource. The charter notes that superthreads are not exclusively for fans of individual teams. That above all else is the most important rule in maintaining the forum. Remove that and it will die, for it will have no reason to exist.

• Advertisement

I would suggest that your opinion on this topic appears to have been very clearly stated, and we understand your feelings on the matter.

I await a mods opinion on my question.

You received an extremely clear and definitive opinion in last year’s Helpdesk thread.

You received an extremely clear and definitive opinion in last year’s Helpdesk thread.
    This was my question, but thank you.

Quandary wrote: »
    Stop asking scary questions lads, it's not nice.

Nothing to be concerned about here, now move along.

The answer will be "there is no bias, evrything is awesome"

That is the only answer to any point raised.

I received no card. I have always tried to post within the rules of this forum, and will continue to do so.

Aren’t you permanently banned from posting in the United thread, I’m pretty sure that’s the equivalent to a ban and card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,907 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Get rid of the "Thanks Button"

• Get rid of the "Thanks Button"

The same feature you are using in this very thread?

mUXPhIP.png

But then what would certain posters do and contribute to the thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,709 ✭✭✭This is it

brinty wrote: »
    Aren’t you permanently banned from posting in the United thread, I’m pretty sure that’s the equivalent to a ban and card.

A thread ban leaves no mark on a posters account, the other two do. It's effective in that if a poster is abusing one thread they can be removed, cards lead to forum bans and bans are self explanatory. Mods usually use them as incrementing 'punishments'.

Thread ban > card > forum ban

brinty wrote: »

No, I am not permanently banned. My thread ban expires at the conclusion of the current Utd thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Look, your contributions to the Utd thread are known for what they are. Sometimes you stay within the rules, sometimes not. But you are what you are.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107915240&postcount=5009

Lets not try to pass your utd thread ban as a single isolated incident...

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Look, your contributions to the Utd thread are known for what they are. Sometimes you stay within the rules, sometimes not. But you are what you are.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107915240&postcount=5009

Mourinho was sacked weeks after. But at the time any negative predictions on his reign in the Utd were considered “trolling” and them being allowed to be posted in the Utd thread were indications of “bias”.

Fast forward half a year or so and any negative commentary on Ole’s suitability to manage Utd and his long term prospects being posted in the Utd thread is “trolling” and it being allowed is an indication of “bias”.

Ho hum.

Mourinho was sacked weeks after. But at the time any negative predictions on his reign in the Utd were considered “trolling” and them being allowed to be posted in the Utd thread were indications of “bias”.

Fast forward half a year or so and any negative commentary on Ole’s suitability to manage Utd and his long term prospects being posted in the Utd thread is “trolling” and it being allowed is an indication of “bias”.

Ho hum.

This isn't a thread relating to justifying why you were carded. If it was that much of a concern did you appeal it or was it justified? Reading the above you seem to think it didn't deserve one.

Possible that the decision was inconsistent then?

I think the reason for the thanks button is to avoid constant requotes of posts and ‘+1’s clogging up a thread. I still think that very practical consideration makes it worthwhile.

As usual personal vandettas come out in this thread.

Thought the OP said to cast them aside in the name of feedback..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,907 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think the reason for the thanks button is to avoid constant requotes of posts and ‘+1’s clogging up a thread. I still think that very practical consideration makes it worthwhile.

By quoting this and not thanking it I except your point.

• Advertisement

This isn't a thread relating to justifying why you were carded. If it was that much of a concern did you appeal it or was it justified? Reading the above you seem to think it didn't deserve one.

Possible that the decision was inconsistent then?

It’s not a thread to discuss any individual mod actions or individual posters. I didn’t make the conversation specific, I’m merely responding to posts of others targeting me as an individual.

From the charter:
    "Repeating the same point over and over again without addressing counter arguments is not advisable. It is your responsibility to ensure that you contribute in a positive manner"

How many more times do we think we'll see "there is no bias"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

It’s not a thread to discuss any individual mod actions or individual posters. I didn’t make the conversation specific, I’m merely responding to posts of others targeting me as an individual.

A fair few you seem to have missed too...

It's a thread to discuss inconsistent moderation and get answers from actually mods.

Tbf by openly admitting that you are aware of post reporting on the feedback thread it was bound to turn some heads.

Banning posters that are blatantly ignoring rules should be right up there.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement