Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC On Field Gossip & Rumour Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Morelos finally!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Can I ask a question that’s genuinely not trolling here, maybe it’s on the first thread if so just say & when I’m free I’ll scroll through it.

I’d love to know how the people on this thread got to supporting Rangers, are you ex pats or what’s the story? I’ve always had a guilty pleasure in regards to them, the players they had in the 90’s Laundrup De Beor Gazza & that.

gstack166 wrote: »
    Can I ask a question that’s genuinely not trolling here, maybe it’s on the first thread if so just say & when I’m free I’ll scroll through it.

I’d love to know how the people on this thread got to supporting Rangers, are you ex pats or what’s the story? I’ve always had a guilty pleasure in regards to them, the players they had in the 90’s Laundrup De Beor Gazza & that.

I'd say most of them are ex-pats. I'm not, but I've liked Rangers before I moved to Ireland :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Some are some aren’t.

Take that result only halfway but another game another clean sheet

• Advertisement

I’m Irish, not religious or political and have always followed the Gers from childhood (52 now). It’s in your heart, the same as any other supporter would follow Man Utd, Liverpool or Celtic, you are drawn to a club, that’s my story anyway!

Delighted with the result, I told a mate earlier that I would be happy with a 1-0 or score draw so it worked out fine. Gerrard is not afraid to mix things up and drop players who don’t perform which is great!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

zorro2566 wrote: »
    I’m Irish, not religious or political and have always followed the Gers from childhood (52 now). It’s in your heart, the same as any other supporter would follow Man Utd, Liverpool or Celtic, you are drawn to a club, that’s my story anyway!

That’s what I’m interested in. How were you drawn into it? I can understand Celtic United or Liverpool, friends or family supported them so followed them etc or family in the area or back when you started following football 40 years ago, high amount of Irish players at the clubs, but you had no incentive for following them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Good night's work as far as I'm concerned. Got the result away from home, kept a clean sheet and Morelos scored. Sets us up very nicely for next week.

That’s what I’m interested in. How were you drawn into it? I can understand Celtic United or Liverpool, friends or family supported them so followed them etc or family in the area or back when you started following football 40 years ago, high amount of Irish players at the clubs, but you had no incentive for following them :)

Was never drawn to a club just because they had irish players in them. My earliest memory is from the 78 cup final when they beat Aberdeen and Derek Johnstone became a favourite of mine, he also had a column in Shoot magazine at the time so that’s how I was drawn to the club. Lots of my friends followed other clubs and I also follow Man Utd, there was never a problem.

• Advertisement

Delighted with the result, I told a mate earlier that I would be happy with a 1-0 or score draw so it worked out fine. Gerrard is not afraid to mix things up and drop players who don’t perform which is great!

I love it, he sees players under performing and isn't afraid to drop them.

3-0 win against Wigan in a friendly.

Sadiq, ****ing hell this guy. Rapid.

Sitting in Donegal Sirport waiting on my flight to Glasgow to see the game tonight. Won’t be easy but hopefully we get the right result.
    Then off doing the Founders Trail and Tour of the Stadium on Saturday. Never done the Founders trail before but done the tour four/ five times looking forward to it

A bit nervy at the end when they scored, but a professional performance.

Gerrard has changed so much, this team is miles ahead of what we've had to witness down the years.

Got to be honest and say that I was concerned at the end but it was a very good performance overall. Hope that goal is a lesson for the lads and they play right to the end from now on. We should have had that wrapped up before they scored though. Thought Jack had a brilliant game.

Berserker wrote: »
    Got to be honest and say that I was concerned at the end but it was a very good performance overall. Hope that goal is a lesson for the lads and they play right to the end from now on. We should have had that wrapped up before they scored though. Thought Jack had a brilliant game.
    First Jack was my man of the match but it was a very good team performance. The goal well I was literally sitting right behind that goal and it was a tad unfortunate shagger had went down to save it and it came off his leg and in. But I get what you are saying re full concentration to the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Two Croatians stabbed in Govan last night. I only hope that anyone injured in attacks outside the ground was looking for trouble rather than an innocent bystander

Team for today
    RANGERS: McGregor; Tavernier, Goldson, Katic, Flanagan; Jack, Arfield, Coulibaly; Murphy, Windass, Morelos.

SUBS: Alnwick, Halliday, Kent, Ejaria, McCrorie, Candeias, Umar.

STEVEN GERRARD has made three changes to his side for this afternoon’s match with Aberdeen at Pittodrie.

From the side which progressed in the Europa League against Osijek in midweek, out go Ovie Ejaria, Daniel Candeias and Ryan Kent, with their places taken in the team by Scott Arfield, Jamie Murphy and Josh Windass.

That means it’s the same back five of Allan McGregor in goals, James Tavernier at right-back, Connor Goldson and Nikola Katic in the middle with Jon Flanagan at right-back.

In midfield, it’s Ryan Jack, Scott Arfield and Lassana Coulibaly, while up front, Murphy and Windass will support Alfredo Morelos.

On the bench for Gers are Jak Alnwick, Andy Halliday, Ryan Kent, Ovie Ejaria, Ross McCrorie, Daniel Candeias and Sadiq Umar.

Morelos off,what an idiot!

Dumb to kick out but that is never a red.

• Advertisement

Penalty!!

Get in,1-0!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Jelle1880 wrote: »

If you kick out it’s a red card! Simple

So kicking opponents off the ball is allowed?

LiamoSail wrote: »
    So kicking opponents off the ball is allowed?
    If you kick out it’s a red card! Simple

Only it isn't. He didn't hit him from what I could see and it was because he was barged in the back twice, off the ball.
    If anything it should be a yellow for both.

And then he gives a penalty which since given should have been a red. Scottish refs are a joke.

Only it isn't. He didn't hit him from what I could see and it was because he was barged in the back twice, off the ball.
    If anything it should be a yellow for both.

And then he gives a penalty which since given should have been a red. Scottish refs are a joke.

Talking nonsense

The hunger in this team is amazing to see, what a change from the last few years.

Talking nonsense

oh no

Ryan Jack not hiding away from tackles :D

• Advertisement

0-1 HT. Penalty from Tav. Very poor decision for the red card. Different season, same nonsense from the officials.

It’s ok it’s obvious to some posting that it’s perfectly acceptable to barge a guy not once but twice off the ball without punishment. Wonder if this will be another red turned over on appeal because of a refs incompetence. Oh why was ball not red carded no attempt to play the ball Is a red

As soon as I heard 6 minutes extra, I knew they would equalise!
    Final score 1-1

As soon as I heard 6 minutes extra, I knew they would equalise!
    Final score 1-1

Kick in teeth alright but the performance was excellent all round today. Thought Flanagan played really well, in particular. 1-1 isn't bad given the fact that they had two men extra for so long.

Kick in teeth alright but the performance was excellent all round today. Thought Flanagan played really well today and he looks like a really good player. Played well considering they had two men extra for the majority of the game.

Some right foot on him. Ask his bird

**** result but great performance from this team.

• Advertisement

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Kick in teeth alright but the performance was excellent all round today. Thought Flanagan played really well today and he looks like a really good player. Played well considering they had two men extra for the majority of the game.

Some right foot on him. Ask his bird

Really and that’s never happened with anyone who was at your dump away you go

If we get past Maribor it's either Ufa or... Progres Niederkorn :pac:

A few hours ago we were supposedly interested in Osijek's Barisic, now he's already having his medical...

Not ****ing about :D

He's now signed, 4 year deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Jelle1880 wrote:

Is he eligible for Thursdays game? Massive incentive for Rangers to win the next tie now. Play off round very winnable

• Advertisement

It’s ok it’s obvious to some posting that it’s perfectly acceptable to barge a guy not once but twice off the ball without punishment. Wonder if this will be another red turned over on appeal because of a refs incompetence. Oh why was ball not red carded no attempt to play the ball Is a red

He should have got Yellow.

Moreta correctly got a red, You can retaliate and kick a player no matter how hard or how much contact their was!

Really imo both should have yellows

Take this example watch from about 40 seconds in if this is a yellow the one from Morelos certainly is

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11270356/st-johnstone-1-4-rangers

Badabing wrote: »
    Jelle1880 wrote:

Is he eligible for Thursdays game? Massive incentive for Rangers to win the next tie now. Play off round very winnable

No he won’t be eligible until we qualify if we manage that

Really imo both should have yellows

Take this example watch from about 40 seconds in if this is a yellow the one from Morelos certainly is

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11270356/st-johnstone-1-4-rangers

So kicking out is a yellow? since when?

Well last season the exact same thing happened to one of our players, and the guy got a yellow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Well last season the exact same thing happened to one of our players, and the guy got a yellow.

So because one ref made an incorrect decision, you believe that this decision should then become part of the rules??

Will you be happy if someone gains an advantage from an offside position against you this season?? Considering Coulibaly was offside for Arfields initial shot prior to your peno and the whistle should have gone well before Windass swan dived??

So because one ref made an incorrect decision, you believe that this decision should then become part of the rules??

Will you be happy if someone gains an advantage from an offside position against you this season?? Considering Coulibaly was offside for Arfields initial shot prior to your peno and the whistle should have gone well before Windass swan dived??

Try reading the rules under the updated version he wasn’t offside

Did you watch that video a lot worse that Morelos and only a yellow. Good to see all you tic fans interested in us again so enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Try reading the rules under the updated version he wasn’t offside

The new laws state that if you “are involved in active play“ you are offside. Him chasing and tussling with defenders for the ball as it goes toward Windass isn’t involved in active play??

And Morelos’ red card rescinded totally shocked :rolleyes: ;)

Reduced to a yellow another shock

• Advertisement
Advertisement