Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

APPLEGREEN Petrol & Diesel sale

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I notice no difference between any of the different brands in economy or how the car runs. I'd guess that my car should run better on the ethenol added fuel as its desgined to perform better on higher octance but you won't really notice the slight increase in real world driving.

I did know of a friend with a very high performance car which could only run on e5 as it was mapped for 99 ron fuel. Normal petrol resulted it the knock analyser going crazy under even mild acceleration.

Subaru,
    had one myself and the smell of applegreen made that knock sensor flip out.

Older cars are not built to burn the 5% -15% ethanol content in fuels, so they run and burn the fuel badly. Which can cause damage to the car itself.

Applegreen has a minimum of 5% ethanol, but in reality its possibly way higher, (to keep cost of fuel lower) so older cars struggle to run on it, thus reducing their MPG.

Kamili wrote: »
    Subaru,
    had one myself and the smell of applegreen made that knock sensor flip out.

Older cars are not built to burn the 5% -15% ethanol content in fuels, so they run and burn the fuel badly. Which can cause damage to the car itself.

Applegreen has a minimum of 5% ethanol, but in reality its possibly way higher, (to keep cost of fuel lower) so older cars struggle to run on it, thus reducing their MPG.

I think you misread, the car would only run propery on e5 as it need the higher octane which is given with an ethonal mix. Any other petrol need something added to every tank to boost the octane.

As I said I notice not a single difference between topaz, texaco, applegreen etc from a performance, mpg or how the car runs perspective. I used to buy mostly in topaz as I had a fuel card so it was cheaper, the fuel card discout is not as good and I live close to an applegreen which happens to be very well priced so I now buy all my fuel in applegreen.

Advertisement