Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,508 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

golfball37 wrote: »
    Why Sunday for this game when not on tv? It's not as though Burnley were in Europa league either

Rugby League cup final booked for Wembley yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

F@@K Wembley curse two minutes away from victory

Don't think this 'curse' is going to go away anytime soon. For the likes of Burnley, Spurs away this season will be one of the only times in their career that players will ever get to play at Wembley. These are teams that aren't ever going to get to Cup finals and players who aren't going to get England caps, so they're going to do everything they can to win in what might be the only chance they ever get to play at Wembley.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We've already dropped more points at "home" this season compared to last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

Liverpool is chasing Lemar now FFS. Just saw Pool vs Arsenal highlights and now I am not looking forward for our annual hiding at Anfield. Both Salah and Mane are joy to watch though.

Our CL group is very tough so I think it will be a long season for us if do not manage to sign some pacey wide forwards. I think Barkley will be this year's Sissokho. Last day panic buy!

Janseen looks like done with us. Poor fecker have gotten a single minute in 3 matches so far if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

In good news story looks like wimmer is on his way to stoke city for 15m shame he could not regain his excellent early form and turned into a lemon

Speaking of lemons apparently moussa sissoko signed a new contract for 5 years,

I can't understand poch at times like this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,938 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

davycc wrote: »
    In good news story looks like wimmer is on his way to stoke city for 15m shame he could not regain his excellent early form and turned into a lemon

Speaking of lemons apparently moussa sissoko signed a new contract for 5 years,

I can't understand poch at times like this
    You'll find sometimes that this move is something that makes both happy. It could be a lower wage with a more friendly release clause attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Sky saying Foyth is in the bag, reckon this kid is the business, like John Stones but better defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

09_09_09 wrote: »
    Liverpool is chasing Lemar now FFS. Just saw Pool vs Arsenal highlights and now I am not looking forward for our annual hiding at Anfield. Both Salah and Mane are joy to watch though.

Our CL group is very tough so I think it will be a long season for us if do not manage to sign some pacey wide forwards. I think Barkley will be this year's Sissokho. Last day panic buy!

Janseen looks like done with us. Poor fecker have gotten a single minute in 3 matches so far if I remember correctly.

To get a result at Anfield we have to learn from Chelsea. Go for a 0-0 and, if a break comes take it and you might even win. If we play our normal, high possession, high pressing game we will get caught at least once durign the game and gift Mané or Salah goals. It is utterly stupid to fall into Klopp's plan A, seeing as it is his only plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Don't think this 'curse' is going to go away anytime soon. For the likes of Burnley, Spurs away this season will be one of the only times in their career that players will ever get to play at Wembley. These are teams that aren't ever going to get to Cup finals and players who aren't going to get England caps, so they're going to do everything they can to win in what might be the only chance they ever get to play at Wembley.
    Hadn't thought of that and that's a fair point.

• Advertisement

Serge aurer has been granted a work permit and his 23 million pound move is almost complete

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,916 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

davycc wrote:
    Serge aurer has been granted a work permit and his 23 million pound move is almost complete

V surprising move. Doesn't sound like a poch type player. Hope it's not a case of Levy trying to buy another youth prospect to flog at a profit in 12 months time.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

V surprising move. Doesn't sound like a poch type player. Hope it's not a case of Levy trying to buy another youth prospect to flog at a profit in 12 months time.

He is a nut case, but he is a very good player. I think he is tailor made for the league. I also think we will announce him and Foyth tomorrow for PR reasons.

We are now linked with Pastore and Lucas Mora now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Bit surprising I agree, but he's 25 in a few months, don't think he's a Levy investment in that sense. Hopefully we've done our homework on him and Poch reckons he can help him mature.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

As a footballer he is a top class right back and has won lots of trophies, I think he will improve our team no end

As a person he seems to be nuts but that is well known so maybe pooch thinks he can tame him

• Advertisement

09_09_09 wrote: »
    He is a nut case, but he is a very good player. I think he is tailor made for the league. I also think we will announce him and Foyth tomorrow for PR reasons.

We are now linked with Pastore and Lucas Mora now!

I hope we don't get either of Pastore or Moura.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,916 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Can I just point out at this stage, that this super thread or whatever it's called is lame as f*ck.

After an indifferent start to the season, coming off the back of a bad result and with 24 hours to the transfer deadline we have has a grand total of about 70 posts in the last 7 days at best.

By comparison the arsenal thread has over 1000 posts in the same period.

If the goal of our boards overlords was to drive away registered users and traffic then they are well and truly achieving it.

As a footballer he is a top class right back and has won lots of trophies, I think he will improve our team no end

As a person he seems to be nuts but that is well known so maybe pooch thinks he can tame him

He saved an opposition player from swallowing his tongue during the ACON 2016, so not all bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭Glebee

Can I just point out at this stage, that this super thread or whatever it's called is lame as f*ck.

After an indifferent start to the season, coming off the back of a bad result and with 24 hours to the transfer deadline we have has a grand total of about 70 posts in the last 7 days at best.

If the goal of our boards overlords was to drive away registered users and traffic then they are well and truly achieving it.

Old forum is still working for some reason...

Apparently we've agreed a deal for Llorente. Decent player. Can fill in for Harry I guess. Didn't think he was athletic enough for our style, but we'll see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,630 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Comign from the Liverpool forum, that's not nessecarily a bad thing.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Glebee wrote: »
    Old forum is still working for some reason...

The damage is done though, there's no going back there now I think. We'd have had way more activity there before closure of the forum was stupidly introduced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭golfball37

Pastore is the type of player we need. Outside of Eriksen we've no door openers

Ormus wrote: »
    He saved an opposition player from swallowing his tongue during the ACON 2016, so not all bad.

nuts in a good way so

We officially announced Serge aurer just now.
    I would love lorrente great option

golfball37 wrote: »
    Pastore is the type of player we need. Outside of Eriksen we've no door openers

Very skilful, occasionally brilliant, but flatters to deceive an awful lot.

Very skilful, occasionally brilliant, but flatters to deceive an awful lot.

Bring home Luka !

In other news I see Tripp has left the England squad due to a ankle injury, hope it's nothing serious.

Lorrente would hover up his sexy lethal crosses

Looks pretty good so far today. Aurier signed, Llorente looking likely, and Janssen out on loan (who i think will come good).

Chelsea better not do a Willian on us though.

We are linked with Gomes from Barcelona

Make it happen Mr levy

Make it happen Mr levy

I've only seen him a few times, is he attacking or central? Doesn't get many goals.

• Advertisement

I really don't understand why we leave things late all the time. Does it really save us any money?

I've only seen him a few times, is he attacking or central? Doesn't get many goals.

Mainly as a central midfield iirc if we are bidding big money for him I would love Luka back for well under 40€m

Mainly as a central midfield iirc if we are bidding big money for him I would love Luka back for well under 40€m

Yeah I'm guessing Real wouldn't wanna sell him and he wouldn't wanna leave. Apart from that it's a smashing idea.

Llorente looks pretty much done anyway.

DIlNhbLXUAAC1U-.jpg

Kiith wrote: »
    Llorente looks pretty much done anyway.

DIlNhbLXUAAC1U-.jpg

Yeah apparently his brother took the pic and released it slightly early,
    Reads come on the spurs and come on Fernando!

Delighted with it myself.

Lorrente+ Tripp crosses=profit???

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Make it happen Mr levy

There would've been a lot of Barcelona fans willing to drive him to London...

Llorente seems an odd one. Does he get in the first XI? Good player for the bench though...where would Son fit in and Janssen presumably is confirmed as 'out of favour'

So, Sanchez, Aurier, Llorente, Gazzaniga and Foyth. Seems like some pretty good signings, but i would have liked some more pace in midfield. We really lack that at the moment, and i'd absolutely kill for a Mane type player.

September the first so Harry Kane just opened his scoring after hitting the post three times in Aug,

Every fecking year, uncanny ,

Eriksson with three assists for Denmark and he scored the 4th from 35+ yards well worth checking out the highlights

• Advertisement

Jan vertongen with a 30 yard screamer

Janssen and Lamela have been left out of our Champions League squad.

Spurs 1 up at Everton. Cross from Kane that went straight in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Listened to this on the radio in the car. Sounded damn impressive. Seriously though lads, what is it with Kane and August?? You knew that he was going to score today.

Kane in the league in August
    24 shots no goals

In Sep
    2 shots and 2 goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Kane in the league in August
    24 shots no goals

In Sep
    2 shots and 2 goals

Is he just trying to make the golden boot interesting? :)

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Vital Transformation

Just seen a stat, Kane has hit 100 career goals quicker than Van Nistelrooy, Shearer, Rooney and Henry.

Only Van Nistelrooy is close, taking 9 more games to reach that target. Kane is miles ahead of the others in this regard.

The other debate which should be put to bed by yesterday's game is comparing eriksen and siggy, there is no comparison, and also siggy is not good enough for this team

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

The other debate which should be put to bed by yesterday's game is comparing eriksen and siggy, there is no comparison, and also siggy is not good enough for this team

Jesus Christ??? Is that an actual debate?

Siggy is decent but he hasn't in a million years got the touch or vision of Eriksen. Anyone who can't see that shouldn't be commenting on football.

I'm looking forward to tonights game, even if it will probably be a very tough one. We were very good against Everton, and Dortmund are missing a few good players, so we've a decent chance of getting something out of the game.

It's a hugely important game as well. Try to banish the "Wembley Curse" and get a much needed 3 points in what is a tough group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭Glebee

IIs it on any of the normal tv stations or do I need to go searching?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement