Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭pavb2

Claret membership is £35 this would probably guarantee you a ticket for all home PL games including cup finals if we get there but one ticket per member.

https://tickets.avfc.co.uk/en-GB/memberships/claret%20membership/info

Otherwise set up an account and get a fan ID, I'm a season ticket holder and we could get two extra tickets last year but only one this season. I managed to get tickets for my two kids for Southampton and Norwich they've both got a Fan ID and booking history from last season but none this season.

I was on line at 5 O'Clock immediately they came on sale on 29th Nov at that stage the Holte End was virtually sold out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭Esse85

Goal difference keeping us out of the drop now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Sad news tonight. Ron Saunders has passed away.

https://twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/status/1203382208221855749?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭LeBash

A few papers reporting that Spurs are going to try to get Mings with a 50 million bid.

I think Mings has been brilliant for 95% of every game and drops a absolute clanger once or twice a match.

Theres no doubt that he is a big presence in the dressing room though.

Smith wont play 2 right footed centre backs by the looks of it, so Engels and Konsa probably wont happen. He would probably look at Hause or bring in another centre back if it went through.

I'd take it if he had another Engels on the radar, a winger and a striker.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Snap their hands off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭Esse85

I'd rather keep him.

What we need is a settled side, players like Mings who are ultimate pros with a great attitude are difficult to find.

Money in the hand isn't everything, no guarantee we'd find a successful replacement either.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

El Ghazi and Luiz in for Trezguet and Hourihane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Luiz in for Conor and El Ghazi in for Trez.

Elmo keeps his spot. Thought he did well on Wednesday so no complaints really.

Trez unlucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I think Guilbert adds a lot to the attack, I'd have him straight back in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,542 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Snap their hands off.

Yeah that’s like double what he was signed for, after not performing to his best since.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Can't miss chances like E Ghazi's there and expect to beat teams like Leicester

El Ghazi should have scored, Grealish is unplayable at the moment.

Mings has gone from Virgil Van Dijk to Titus Bramble

Another mistake by Mings there, booked already. He is becoming a liability.

Might be off, Engels on if so

Vardy...

I love watching our attack but the defensive setup could relegate us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Ball gave away to cheaply by big wes.

Vardy...

8 games in a row scoring. Don' know if Mings should have still been on the pitch though, dropped back so much and gave them so much room in that attack. Get Engels in there before it gets worse

Get Mings off. Nakamba caught in possession for the goal.

• Advertisement

Would he have scored if Mings had gone off? FFS.

Mings could do with a spell out of the firing line for a spell anyway I think. He has some great attributes but he has been a mistake waiting to happen for quite some time now.

JPA wrote: »
    Would he have scored if Mings had gone off? FFS.

impossible to know but i'd wager no.

Had some hard luck in games so far this season and now I fear for this game as Villa will have to go at them and might leave gaps at the back that the likes of Madison and Vardy can exploit.

Despite the scoreline Grealish has once again been the best player on the pitch in the first 1/4. Love watching him play

Despite the scoreline Grealish has once again been the best player on the pitch in the first 1/4. Love watching him play

Imagine him in a top class team...

Get Mings off. Nakamba caught in possession for the goal.

Thought it was big wes

Expecting bids for Grealish in January.

JPA wrote: »
    Imagine him in a top class team...

Oi less of that now. But yeah I'd say he would be amazing for England if Southgate would pick him.

now to cheer myself up here is Becky Lynch with a villa Jersey
    029_BIRMINGHAM_041602016ej_0252.jpg?itok=PlEIY1r4

Our WBs need to realise they don't have wingers too

Expecting bids for Grealish in January.

His head might well be turned too because he is playing with a bunch of postmen. We are a horrorshow apart from him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,032 ✭✭✭circadian

Mings should have been off after pulling up. That's a hamstring injury, letting him continue would aggrivate that no matter what.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement