Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Don't think goal difference will matter. Think it's head to head comparisons.
    If we finish level with Valencia, they'd top us. Likewise if we finished level with Ajax, we'd top them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Techless wrote: »
    Don't think goal difference will matter. Think it's head to head comparisons.
    If we finish level with Valencia, they'd top us. Likewise if we finished level with Ajax, we'd top them.

You are right, some rules below.

Points in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
    Goal difference in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
    Goals scored in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
    Away goals scored in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
    Goal difference in all group matches;
    Goals scored in all group matches;
    Away goals scored in all group matches;
    Wins in all group matches;
    Away wins in all group matches;
    Disciplinary points (red card = 3 points, yellow card = 1 point, expulsion for two yellow cards in one match = 3 points);
    UEFA club coefficient.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Carpentry wrote: »
    I agree about Giroud.

We brought this on oureselves after fcuking up home game against Valencia.

Now we can only count on Ajax. Sad truth is they don't even need to win, but Valencia in the other hand...

We need to bag as many goals as possible in case it will come down to goal diff.

We're still ok, any win for us and we're through and a draw for us with an Ajax win puts us through too I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Strange for Pedro to be playing, the few times we've seen him this season he hasn't been great

It's even more strange when we're already limited to playing Giroud

And no Azpilicueta, Frank not afraid to make the tough choices whether they're right or not who knows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Killinator

Well that's typical, that lot couldn't beat a 5 aside team the last month but show up at the bridge and they're unbeatable.

Poor result and shows what a loss Tammy is.

The Christmas period will tell another take about where this side are right now

DON'T PANIC

all will be well

peteeeed wrote: »
    DON'T PANIC

all will be well

it was a fcuk up though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Missed the game. Deserved loss?

Johner wrote: »
    Missed the game. Deserved loss?

definitely not, it could've been 3 or 4 up. Giroud nearly got a goal within first 2 minutes. 66% overall ball possession.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

definitely not, it could've been 3 or 4 up. Giroud nearly got a goal within first 2 minutes. 66% overall ball possession.

Didn't deserve to win either. 3 shots on target and it was kepa who made the two best saves. Giroud offered next to nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Didn't deserve to win either. 3 shots on target and it was kepa who made the two best saves. Giroud offered next to nothing.

Only got to engage with the second half created next to nothing, their few chances were more clear cut to be turned in, in fact and they did with Antonio jayz Zouma was awful for that! correctly chalked off due to use of hand but didn't effect result toughest one to take so far this season really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Bad news for the ladies, game v Everton called off and Arsenal currently winning 10-0 in the 70th min :o

Only got to engage with the second half created next to nothing, their few chances were more clear cut to be turned in, in fact and they did with Antonio jayz Zouma was awful for that! correctly chalked off due to use of hand but didn't effect result toughest one to take so far this season really.

I think at one stage a stat came up on the screen saying possession was 65/35 since the start of the second half and I remember thinking west ham could have scored 3 since the break.
    It's a ser back and it highlights how light we are in the striker department. Also pedro looks to be finished.

I think at one stage a stat came up on the screen saying possession was 65/35 since the start of the second half and I remember thinking west ham could have scored 3 since the break.
    It's a ser back and it highlights how light we are in the striker department. Also pedro looks to be finished.

Nail on the head, back line is a WIP, Pedro should be replaced and Michy & Giroud should be no more than a #3 option at best next year, need a genuine compliment to Tammy.

Name a better combo than Chelsea having multiple strikers but playing a winger up front

https://worldsportsreport.com/lampard-considering-new-role-for-pulisic/

Name a better combo than Chelsea having multiple strikers but playing a winger up front

https://worldsportsreport.com/lampard-considering-new-role-for-pulisic/

He's a tidy player but we're not blessed with enough in-form wingers to do it. I wouldn't disturb him personally, if we absolutely had to do it I'd put CHO up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Any hotel recommendations for when going to the Bridge that are near some good bars?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

Got tickets for Burnley in January. Going to go to the ladies game on the Sunday as well, anyone been before? It looks like attendance is usually near capacity, any trouble getting tickets?

Got tickets for Burnley in January. Going to go to the ladies game on the Sunday as well, anyone been before? It looks like attendance is usually near capacity, any trouble getting tickets?

Glad you got sorted, got West Upper (going with my dad and a friend so noy in the usual shed lower spot). First time being in the upper side tiers since I was a kid I think.

hots wrote: »
    Glad you got sorted, got West Upper (going with my dad and a friend so noy in the usual shed lower spot). First time being in the upper side tiers since I was a kid I think.

Shed upper for the two of us going this time round.

Good bounce back and nice to see Mount back on the sheet again

We really need to be more clinical, we created chance after chance and still my heart was in my mouth at the end. When tammy came off we only had batshuayi or giroud to call on and they simply aren't good enough.
    Kante and Willian both wasteful in possession tonight.

• Advertisement

Loads of chances, their keeper was great, should have murdered them but 3 points is great

We really need to be more clinical, we created chance after chance and still my heart was in my mouth at the end. When tammy came off we only had batshuayi or giroud to call on and they simply aren't good enough.
    Kante and Willian both wasteful in possession tonight.

Willian was MOTM for me along with kovacic

Willian was MOTM for me along with kovacic

Not for me, he just frustrates me too much. His work rate I'd first class but his crossing is poor lately and seems to never run at and try to beat the defenders. All too often he wants to stop put his foot on the ball and allow the defence time to organise.
    MOM for me has to be mount, hes was the only player who looked assured tonight with the ball at his feet.

Not for me, he just frustrates me too much. His work rate I'd first class but his crossing is poor lately and seems to never run at and try to beat the defenders. All too often he wants to stop put his foot on the ball and allow the defence time to organise.
    MOM for me has to be mount, hes was the only player who looked assured tonight with the ball at his feet.

Imagine Tammy scoring all his chances

I'm hoping that will come in time and then he'll be one hell of a striker.

• Advertisement

i think the fact that he's in there at the right time also there was more than one occasion last night where he was free and not picked out . he's a work in progress but what a talent

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

Transfer ban has been halved on appeal, CFC are back in business for January...

Who should we sign to improve the team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭bullpost

Okon wrote: »

Mixed feelings about this. The experiment with Frank and the kids is fascinating to watch, but our league position is as much down to the failure of a number of rivals as our own results.

Son from spurs would complement Tammy nicely I'd say.

bullpost wrote: »
    Mixed feelings about this. The experiment with Frank and the kids is fascinating to watch, but our league position is as much down to the failure of a number of rivals as our own results.

Son from spurs would complement Tammy nicely I'd say.

I would never think of him, but it actually makes sense.

I'd be in no hurry to spend anyway, but a good Jan signing would be someone competent to backup Tammy. If we had a Jesus (city) on the bench and to give Tammy competition we'd be in a much better place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,221 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

So...who's the the Xmas wish list? Any areas you feel need improving?

Okon wrote: »

left back, striker

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Tomw86

Timo Werner/Jadon Sancho/Wilf Zaha

Top quality Centre half - maybe someone like Koulibaly at Napoli

Left back - Would love Chilwell but not sure he'd leave

BUY BUY BUY
    pedro, alonso, giroud out the door

My ideal guys would be some proper competition for Tammy up top, get rid of Giroud and Bats better to have 1 good option than 2 that dont suit, dont have any realistic names up top atm

Left back is needed as well, Emerson is alright but I’d get rid of Alonso and bring in an Alex Telles or Grimaldo, Chilwell would cost a Maguire fee and with so many youngsters now in the side we’re probably okay on the homegrown players front

• Advertisement

Crossing coach for Willian would be my first purchase.

Crossing coach for Willian would be my first purchase.

If I was a mod you'd be so out of here :)

If I was a mod you'd be so out of here :)

Much like a cross from Willian. :pac::pac::pac:

Much like a cross from Willian. :pac::pac::pac:

WHAT A HIT SON...WHAT...A...HIT!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Ximena Attractive Prize

a strong leading CB definitely (we have decent but no strong leaders in the cb position) - next few windows the areas need focus is on wingers to replace pedro and willian, a Lb to replace Alonso and a striker (or 2) to give tammy competition - giroud will go - either summer or next window and if we dont keep Bats...

Chelsea didn't hold back with the official statement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,824 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Chelsea didn't hold back with the official statement.

Dead right through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Kirby wrote: »
    Yes but that doesn't mean anything unless CAS uphold the decision. And legally they can't.

Posted this back in March. A blind man could see that this ban was never going to stand. You have to ask yourself wtf FIFA are doing.

• Advertisement

Everton with a 2 man midfield should be a disaster against us

Of course Duncan Ferguson is a 442 man :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement