Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

This is really depressing to watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Dreadful god I hate that diving cheat Grealish we made him look like Maradona out there

Though one plus for the week is that the mackems were beat by Burton Albion at home last night that's 3 defeats to Burton Albion since they told us to enjoy playing Burton the year we went down.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Great result.
    Backed us to win , had a feeling we'd get something from this.

Great fight towards the end. Delighted almiron got an assist...finally.
    Willems has been brilliant so far.

Wondering how bad muto must be in training for joelintin to continually get game time. Keep giving him the benefit but was very poor today

D_turbo wrote: »
    Great result.
    Backed us to win , had a feeling we'd get something from this.

Great fight towards the end. Delighted almiron got an assist...finally.
    Willems has been brilliant so far.

Wondering how bad muto must be in training for joelintin to continually get game time. Keep giving him the benefit but was very poor today

Yeah willems was brilliant and the much maligned manquillo was very good today I thought but we were exactly as we should be today well organised committed and disciplined more of the same please. Shelvey in his day is the most talented player at the club showed his brilliance today and got through a mountain of defensive work as well which he is often rightly criticised for not doing. I'm proud of that performance if we get that level of dedication for the rest of the season we'll be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Sheffield Utd away
    Southampton home
    Burnley away
    Palace home

Run until Christmas

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Sheffield Utd away
    Southampton home
    Burnley away
    Palace home

Run until Christmas

2 wins minimum needed there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Great result and showed great spirit getting back into the game twice, I knew when shelvey wasn't on the free it was ending up to him, well worked and hit it sweet.

My view on the squad is Joelinton needs more support, almiron and ASM are too wide and far away, as much as I think hayden and shelvey our our best 2 in there, Longstaff would give more support to the striker ( we miss a Siem de jong type player, even though he only played about 5 times)

Felt sorry for gayle, prob got his longest run out this season (about 25 mins) but barely got a touch, although he got about as much as he could

Jury is still out on ASM, he can either be a ginola or Obertan, time will tell.

Ritchie currently having his second operation so he is out for a while but squad is getting stronger with Longstaff and Schar on the bench, lejeune just off fitness.

I can see Ki,Muto,Saivet and colback going in Jan and hopefully a striker and attacking midfielder coming in.

Tough game on Thursday against Sheffield United though I think they'll find it tough as they won't have experienced a team sitting in with 5 at the back against them in the PL from what I've seen of them teams tend to be open enough against them and they exploit that with quick attacks down the wings with Enda Stevens being particularly effective they won't get that against us.

• Advertisement

Game is on premier sports tomorrow for anyone that has it. its the old Setanta/Eir

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Morpork

fitzparker wrote: »
    Game is on premier sports tomorrow for anyone that has it. its the old Setanta/Eir

It's also on Amazon Prime Video if you sign up for a 30-day free trial now you can watch that plus the game against Man United on the 26th

The distance between striker and everyone else is about 40 yards. It's a wonder we cant keep the ball it's the same every game.

What a terrible half one pass and its given away

Yeessssssss great win that not pretty af times but who cares and some buzz to do it with Andy Carroll up front as well liverpool the only other team to win at bramall lane this season get in. Always play to the whistle. This team is starting to grow on me Steve Bruce deserves credit theyvare showing real progress hes getting the best out of shelvey which has been key delighted ASM scored hopefully he'll go on a run.Dubravka outstanding again tonight but Manquillo MOTM for me outstanding.

Dubravka was super.

your right its not pretty, but points are the main thing.

Shelvey and hayden play deep so its hard to string 3 passes together, the tactics is obviously to soak up the pressure deep in our half then counter with the wingers, it seems to be working but terrible to look at. the strikers must be pulling their hair out as they basically play as a sweeper up top

id like schar to come back in as he calms things down but we cant drop anyone in the back 6 at the moment.

4 points off 5th with winnable games coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Dubravka was super.

your right its not pretty, but points are the main thing.

Shelvey and hayden play deep so its hard to string 3 passes together, the tactics is obviously to soak up the pressure deep in our half then counter with the wingers, it seems to be working but terrible to look at. the strikers must be pulling their hair out as they basically play as a sweeper up top

id like schar to come back in as he calms things down but we cant drop anyone in the back 6 at the moment.

4 points off 5th with winnable games coming up.

Agree with all above

Massive game v Southampton the weekend - if we can get the win we will put a nice gap between us and bottom few

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

If 40 is seen as safe (and it looks like 40 may well be needed this year, Everton are 18th with nearly a point a game) then we’re halfway there with 23 games to go and more winnable games than not between now and the halfway point of the season

Another huge win today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Fair play Steve Bruce. Newcastle now 9 points better off than they were at this time last year.

They say it's a sign if a good team to play poorly and win long may it continue big Andy Carroll changed the game for us great to see him back making a difference in the black and white.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

I can’t figure out if Bruce is getting lucky or he’s found the right formula. In fairness, all the players are battling for the full 90 minutes in every game so he must be doing something right.

It’s great to see all the players enjoying themselves and they’re on a great run at the moment despite not playing well to be honest. The Villa result aside it’s been a great last few weeks and 5 of the last 6 games they’ve scored 2 or more. When was the last time that has happened?

Get to 30 points by Jan 1st and you’d fancy hitting 40 realtively early, certainly earlier than the last few years anyway! Joelinton is a serious concern and the goals will dry up eventually for the rest of the team, the center halves and Shelvey won’t keep scoring and the front 3 need to start chipping in sooner rather than later. I think if we got 15 goals from the front 3 between now and the end of the season it wouldn’t be a bad return considering how shy they’ve been so far.

• Advertisement

Motivator wrote: »
    I can’t figure out if Bruce is getting lucky or he’s found the right formula. In fairness, all the players are battling for the full 90 minutes in every game so he must be doing something right.

It’s great to see all the players enjoying themselves and they’re on a great run at the moment despite not playing well to be honest. The Villa result aside it’s been a great last few weeks and 5 of the last 6 games they’ve scored 2 or more. When was the last time that has happened?

Get to 30 points by Jan 1st and you’d fancy hitting 40 realtively early, certainly earlier than the last few years anyway! Joelinton is a serious concern and the goals will dry up eventually for the rest of the team, the center halves and Shelvey won’t keep scoring and the front 3 need to start chipping in sooner rather than later. I think if we got 15 goals from the front 3 between now and the end of the season it wouldn’t be a bad return considering how shy they’ve been so far.

Would love to see Almiron get one - works so hard with and without ball

Joelington is a huge concern - we just have to stick with him and hopefully over Xmas period he can come good

ASM left the ground on crutches as well so that could be a big problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50722548

Half season tickets being offered for free to season ticket holders. They must be seriously worried about attendance.
    Fans voting with their feet is great to see and hopefully make Ashley realise he needs to invest or get gone.

Saturday was our lowest attendance in 9 years, goes to show that even results are keeping the fans away.

Be interesting to see how this goes, for me its a terrible idea as:

1) those who actually want the ticket will be sitting random to there season ticket seat relatives/friends

2) it also opens up a can of worms that the these seats can be purchased for free and then not be used at all (number quoted is 10,000 being released) which will then make for even grimmer viewing at live games

3) (Although still shouldn't be a problem if you purchase on release date), it gives fans like us going over a few times a year a lesser chance at tickets when they go on general sale as 10,000 ghost tickets are now gone on top of the season tickets.

if they wanted more people through the gate, bring concession prices down or let the kids in for free (football clubs will turn up in numbers) this would bring you closer to the community. it will still generate revenue from food stalls etc inside the ground rather than 10,000 seats with 1 person randomly sitting in each.

or here's a wild one, have Ashley be honest with the fans for once.

anyway, another great result with 2 more winnable games coming up.... Europe here we come :)

Scoundrel wrote: »
    ASM left the ground on crutches as well so that could be a big problem.

Out for a month according to sky sports major loss to the team.

Scoundrel wrote: »
    Out for a month according to sky sports major loss to the team.

Do you think it will be straight swap for atsu?

Id like to bring longstaff in and do 2 up top. counter attach will be slower but we can keep possession and play higher up the pitch.

Do you think it will be straight swap for atsu?

Id like to bring longstaff in and do 2 up top. counter attach will be slower but we can keep possession and play higher up the pitch.

Yeah I personally think it'll be a straight swap Bruce will be reluctant to change a successful formula i'd say although I think it might be a good idea to go 2 up top against Burnley and Palace our next 2 games as they are very winnable especially Burnley as they are after shipping a couple of heavy defeats.

Delighted Almiron - works so hard deserved the winning goal

His assists and goals stats look terrible but he makes us better team -

Special mention for Andy Carroll who tried his heart out and got nice assist

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop!

Gotta love that little Paraguan dude! :D

I dont know how we are winning these games but delighted we are delighted for Almiron as well his hard work paid off today

• Advertisement

Delighted for almiron.
    Have been backing him to score first for the last 7 games. Finally came through for me 😂

Manquillo is playing well, strange one.
    I'd have taken any place above the bottom 3 at Xmas so this is massive bonus

D_turbo wrote: »
    Delighted for almiron.
    Have been backing him to score first for the last 7 games. Finally came through for me 😂

Manquillo is playing well, strange one.
    I'd have taken any place above the bottom 3 at Xmas so this is massive bonus

Manquillo has been fantastic the last few weeks he did a great job on zaha yesterday and a super job on sterling a few weeks back

Delighted for Miggy, it meant so much to him, the header by Carroll needs to be talked about more, he had to get ahead of the ball before he could put it back in, an excellent assist.

Delighted Schar and Lejeune are back in the squad it will bring alot more composure at the back.

haven't watched the last 2 games, how has Joelinton played out wide?

Absolute rubbish. Of the highest order
    Gifted 2 goals with awful passing.
    Matty lost possession stupidly Easy for the second

Could be 5-6

Live game today on premier sports 1

A bad xmas period not likely to get anything tomorrow either and with wolves away Chelsea at home and Everton away after that it could easily be six defeats in a row.

Looking for help lads as the box office are of no support at all.

So santa brought the little one and her cousin a trip to Newcastle for their first game.

I contacted box office (giving the sop story, santa present, coming from Ireland etc) to see if anything can be done to try get 4 tickets together.

Basically got told min of 5% of tickets will be on sale and i can only get 2 tickets when released, and it's down to luck if they are even together.

Pretty ****e to be honest and now I'm in a poxy situation. This "Free half season" as pointed out before has really killed travelling fans.

Everton was a "sell out" yet you could still see empty spaces.

I'm a member online myself. Is anyone else that I could use there log in to book another 2 tickets for Niece and my brother I would be grateful

Members sale is 6th Jan. Online 9th. General 13th.

Game is 18th.

Thanks

Lejune has to come off. A million miles away from fitness.
    He has given away 2 goals in 4 mins. Absolute rubbish

Absolutely pathetic display lejeune was a disgrace as were the rest of them to be fair gutless insipid leaders rudderless absolute stink of relegation off that Watford won Southampton won Villa won we're back in big trouble.

• Advertisement

Looking for help lads as the box office are of no support at all.

So santa brought the little one and her cousin a trip to Newcastle for their first game.

I contacted box office (giving the sop story, santa present, coming from Ireland etc) to see if anything can be done to try get 4 tickets together.

Basically got told min of 5% of tickets will be on sale and i can only get 2 tickets when released, and it's down to luck if they are even together.

Pretty ****e to be honest and now I'm in a poxy situation. This "Free half season" as pointed out before has really killed travelling fans.

Everton was a "sell out" yet you could still see empty spaces.

I'm a member online myself. Is anyone else that I could use there log in to book another 2 tickets for Niece and my brother I would be grateful

Members sale is 6th Jan. Online 9th. General 13th.

Game is 18th.

Thanks

Scrap this lads. The turn out and performance combined means I shouldn't struggle getting 20 seats together.

It's like watching ireland play. We couldnt hold the ball if we were the only team on the pitch. How we have so many points is incredible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,462 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

It’s absolutely shocking they can’t help out on that especially when attendance is down.
    I remember going over in 2005 in December for the Villa match and there was 8 of us and they bent over backwards to help us. Got all our tickets and ensured we were all sitting together and we had a great weekend.
    It’s shocking how much Ashely has affected the club.
    I don’t deny we’re on a sounder footing but Christ I can’t stand him.

Every win gives me such a false hope that there is a corner turning.
    Bruce as much as I hate to say it, has done better than I tuaght.

A few bad losses and it just gently reminds you that the club is a **** show.
    We are clearly absolutely killed with injuries, had we a decent owner I'd think, a few signings in January and ASM & Richie back that we might be ok, as we gathered a few early points.

Sad reality is though, there is no new incomings , we have a razor thin squad and will do for the rest of the season. So we'll be dragged down into that scrap that 5-6 games ago looked to far behind to get caught up in.

Joelington has been absolutely rubbish today - has given the ball away fo many times

Gives it away again and we concede

I went to my first Newcastle game in 1998 and I can say with confidence that Jorlinton is the worst player I've ever seen at the club worse than Anderrson Riviere Cort Boumsong Cacapa Rozenhal Xisco Luque etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

How did anyone think it was a good idea to pay double for Joelinton as what we would have had to pay for Rondon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

tastyt wrote: »
    How did anyone think it was a good idea to pay double for Joelinton as what we would have had to pay for Rondon

Feels like there was something dodgy with that deal... He was being pushed on Rafa, who had no interest in him. Was then foisted upon Bruce as a non-negotiable. Sounds like dodgy agent shenanigans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,462 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

agreed something had to have been going on.
    16 million for Rondon who was our top scorer or 40 mill for a donkey who couldn't even get a game in Bundesliga and was loaned out for 2 years to Rapid Wien.

A lot of papers have us linked with Giroud loan deal

That’s a striker I’d like - he can link play well and will finish if given a chance

A lot of papers have us linked with Giroud loan deal

That’s a striker I’d like - he can link play well and will finish if given a chance

I would love him, For me, his link up play is the best in the league (no joke) but its players we just dont get, especially asking someone to move from London, this is where the north east struggle.

Blazer wrote: »
    It’s absolutely shocking they can’t help out on that especially when attendance is down.
    I remember going over in 2005 in December for the Villa match and there was 8 of us and they bent over backwards to help us. Got all our tickets and ensured we were all sitting together and we had a great weekend.
    It’s shocking how much Ashely has affected the club.
    I don’t deny we’re on a sounder footing but Christ I can’t stand him.

Yeah its pretty bad, its not like I was asking for free tickets, just if I could get 4 tickets so 2 kids can sit beside there dads.

again this "Free" ticket is killing everyone, watching the game, the stadium had large pockets of empty seats which was clearly visible on TV, yet the attendance was billed at 52,178.

The Free tickets should be collected on the day up until say 12pm, it then means there are tickets available for others that actually want to go.

• Advertisement
Advertisement