Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

donegal town cinema planning appproved

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

That's great news indeed.

It'll be very handy when it's up and running. Though, as with many projects in this town, I'll wait til I see it! I don't know if further objections can be put forward to stymie the project.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,837 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I wonder is that the go ahead from the Council or a decision from An Bord Pleanala? If its the Council there would be every chance of an appeal being lodged and that would set it back 6 months at least.

byte

muffler wrote: »
    I wonder is that the go ahead from the Council or a decision from An Bord Pleanala? If its the Council there would be every chance of an appeal being lodged and that would set it back 6 months at least.
    Aye, that's the concern alright. Maybe TII can cause a fuss too.

It seems to only be permission from the Council.
    https://www.highlandradio.com/2019/11/28/exclusive-permission-granted-for-donegal-town-cinema/

I wonder if the likes of Eclipse Bundoran could object? Maybe they'd have done so already, if so.

WJ Dolan's apparently want to start work as soon as possible anyway.

Found the planning application here. There's been one submission which is in support of the application which means that there will be no "private" third party appeals as there have been no "third" party objections during the course of the application which is good news.

However one of the statutory bodies such as TII could lodge an appeal but from a quick glance at their submission it would look to me like they will let sleeping dogs lie. Another 4 weeks and we will know for sure.

byte

Hopefully it goes ahead so! Fingers crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

Great news :D

Just heard on the radio yesterday that the final part of the planning permission has come through and the developer (WJ Dolan I think) intends to start construction as soon as possible.

Long overdue.

byte

Advertisement