Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TESCO Unlimited Deliveries for 6 months for only €3*

Options
  • 08-01-2018 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Got this in email today (blanked the code as unsure if other can use same 1 )
    might want check ur email if u shop with them :)

dont forget to cancel after the 6 months :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Anyone know f the code for this is individual or generic?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭supue

It looks like they've just launched these new plans - when you go through the 6 month anytime plan on their site it gives an option to enter the code with the text:

"This money-off is valid only on the first purchase of the subscription.
    Upon renewal, an amount of €60 will be charged."

I suspect there'll be more of these via the tesco clubcard mailings and emails. Quite a smart offering, despite the revenue foregone from deliveries, I guess they're hoping the perception of free deliveries will drive repeat business rather than customers going elsewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Amazon Prime model.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,617 ✭✭✭✭zell12

They've been doing this promotion for years.
    Minimum €50 delivery

Considering one delivery fee is €3, then I suppose it is a deal.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

zell12 wrote: »
    They've been doing this promotion for years.
    Minimum €50 delivery

Considering one delivery fee is €3, then I suppose it is a deal.

I've been using this service for almost 10 years!

Individual deliveries, can cost up to €8 per go, depending on time and day (high demand times). So €10 a month for any time is actually good value for the service.

But then of course you are stuck using Tesco and thus generally higher prices then Aldi/Lidl.

However it is a great service if you don't have a car, etc.

Having said that, if Aldi/Lidl offered this service, I'd change in a heart beat.

Also, pissed off that this deal is not available, to long term, loyal, existing customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

It's actually a very clever offer. I use this service and pay 10 euro a month. I find sometimes I'll need a few extra bits during the week that might come to 30 euro. However instead of spend 3-7 euro on delivery I'll always buy extra and push the order up to 50 just to get the "free delivery". So Tesco regularly get more money out of me than I intend spending.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,617 ✭✭✭✭zell12

It's actually a very clever offer. I use this service and pay 10 euro a month. I find sometimes I'll need a few extra bits during the week that might come to 30 euro. However instead of spend 3-7 euro on delivery I'll always buy extra and push the order up to 50 just to get the "free delivery". So Tesco regularly get more money out of me than I intend spending.
    Ah, but it is not optimal use, a bargain, if you're single/couple.
    Only for families, really.

However, Tesco need to grow their loss-making delivery business, this is one way of doing it. If Tesco could stop online grocery deliveries, they would.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Can you pay in cash on delivery? Or does it have to be paid online?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

cronos wrote: »
    Can you pay in cash on delivery? Or does it have to be paid online?

You authorise your card on checkout. Once the order is packed, you're charged for actual goods.

Sometimes substitute will be picked up if the particular item is not in stock - but you will not be charged more for it if it was more expensive. You might opt out from substitutes as well completely.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Ah, but it is not optimal use, a bargain, if you're single/couple.

I used it for years as a single person. There is also a great convenience factor to it. Nothing like doing your shopping in 10 minutes on your laptop while sitting on your sofa in front of the TV and having a guy carry your shopping right into the kitchen the next day. Totally beats walking around a supermarket once a week and I find it cuts down on unplanned purchases.

I suspect even a single person is probably spending €50 3 times a month on groceries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Any way to get this without getting the email form tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

So can anyone PM a code to try?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

bk wrote: »
    I used it for years as a single person. There is also a great convenience factor to it. Nothing like doing your shopping in 10 minutes on your laptop while sitting on your sofa in front of the TV and having a guy carry your shopping right into the kitchen the next day. Totally beats walking around a supermarket once a week and I find it cuts down on unplanned purchases.

I suspect even a single person is probably spending €50 3 times a month on groceries.

There’s 2 in my house and we’d rarely spend €50 in one go. Usually less than €30, but we shop twice a week so everything is fresh. Good deal for anyone who does spend €50 though.

We use Tesco Click and Collect. No walking around the supermarket and it takes a minute to pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

If Tesco could stop online grocery deliveries, they would.

It's the other way around, if Tesco could close down most of their retail outlets with all the associated expenses (leases, maintenance, staff, logistics, cash collection) they would. Online is currently unprofitable because it is sub-scale. If/When Tesco will reach critical mass in online that business will be way more profitable (and more sticky with Prime-style initiatives like this one) than the brick&mortar business.
    That's IF somebody (e.g. Amazon) doesnt eat their lunch before they get there...

yoshimitsu wrote: »
    It's the other way around, if Tesco could close down most of their retail outlets with all the associated expenses (leases, maintenance, staff, logistics, cash collection) they would. Online is currently unprofitable because it is sub-scale. If/When Tesco will reach critical mass in online that business will be way more profitable (and more sticky with Prime-style initiatives like this one) than the brick&mortar business.
    That's IF somebody (e.g. Amazon) doesnt eat their lunch before they get there...

The tesco website is a pain to use. So amazon will eat them if they don't get with the times.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

The tesco website is a pain to use. So amazon will eat them if they don't get with the times.

We're going a bit OT but I agree 100%. Not that Amazon is the best e-commerce website out there (quite the opposite) but Tesco is truly horrible. I've been using them since day 1 (about 10yrs at this point) and have seen very little improvement. Actually the opposite, some things have gotten worse (terrible format on mobile/tablets).
    But i think that as consumers we should be ready to accept that Retail (both food and non-food) is going through a deep transformation and we're going to see a lot more online (with cheaper/faster deliveries), a lot less local/small format franchise locations and more "flagship" stores where you best experience the brand/products/service. Think Apple Stores, Disney, Nike Town, Wholefoods (in the US)

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

The app is much nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Is there a code of this or is it an individual offer only?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭KellyXX

Try ringing them and ask about the offer.
    They will probably give it to you.

asharkman wrote: »
    The app is much nicer.

Thats the Tesco Ireland Home Shopping android app is it?

Reviews are some of the worst I've ever seen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭irishproduce

I asked them online yesterday and they said no dice, it is a marketing initiative only and if I wasn't contacted then tough tittie

Advertisement