Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gaze Film Festival

• 26-07-2018 5:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,102 ✭✭✭✭

Is anyone going to see any of the films at GAZE festival

https://www.gaze.ie/new-festival

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

I had a quick look through the schedule and there are actually 2 films I would like to see, Mario and Reinventing Marvin.

I'm on my own on the Friday and won't be in Dublin on the Saturday :(

Damn it, this is going to play on my mind non stop all next week!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,102 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I would like to see "they" but I dont think I can make it with work. Not sure.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

I had a quick look through the schedule and there are actually 2 films I would like to see, Mario and Reinventing Marvin.

I'm on my own on the Friday and won't be in Dublin on the Saturday :(

Damn it, this is going to play on my mind non stop all next week!!!

Mario is sold out unfortunately.

There've been a couple of gay themed soccer movies over recent years.
    The Pass, Eleven Men Out, Land of Storms

An interesting shortish (30 mins) movie is Wonderkid
    you can find the full wonderkid online for free

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Good to see Outitude won the Audience Award for 2018 :) Also, from memory, one of the former regular posters on this forum claimed to be the woman on the back of the motorcycle in the publicity still.

https://www.facebook.com/gazefilmfest/posts/10156697375999138

Movie description,
    https://www.gaze.ie/outitude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Some of the entries in the gaze film festival this year are available on DVD now.

The Heiresses, a Paraguayan movie is available on hmv, Amazon.

Postcards From London, is also available on Amazon. It is also available on Peccapics.

As is, Mario, and, Remembering The Man.

• Advertisement

:D

I never did get around to watching Mario

Thanks imme

Advertisement