Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chimney Cowl

Options
  • 18-10-2018 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

We have exhausted all efforts with cowls to solve our problem. We live in a bungalow but are right beside a 2 storey house which is (apparently) the cause of our smoke issue when we light the fire. We have been advised that an electric cowl is the only solution. Does anybody have any advice or experience with an electric cowl?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Johnnycanyon

We have exhausted all efforts with cowls to solve our problem. We live in a bungalow but are right beside a 2 storey house which is (apparently) the cause of our smoke issue when we light the fire. We have been advised that an electric cowl is the only solution. Does anybody have any advice or experience with an electric cowl?
    . I never used an electric cowel but over the years I have spent a fortune on cowls, spining ones and static ones but to no avail.. I got a H cowel a number of years ago and it worked wonders.The most I get is a small puff on a very windy day when the fire is first lit but that's it.. I am surprised H cowels are sold in shops instead of the useless ones they stock.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi eibhlin1106,

The Plumbing & Heating forum may be the best place to ask about this. Posters there may have more insight and be better able to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 eibhlin1106

We currently have an OH Cowl but made absolutely no difference unfortunately :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Johnnycanyon

We currently have an OH Cowl but made absolutely no difference unfortunately :confused:
    Oh, you have a problem so..sorry I can't be anymore helpful.

Advertisement