Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone recommend a yoga/meditation course?

Options
  • 12-11-2016 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all, I am a newbie so apologies if this is the wrong place to post this.

I am looking to buy a gift for someone, she really enjoys yoga, but i would like to broaden this a little, and i am not really sure where to go , or even if it is available.

Ideally if there was a 6 week course, or a weekend that focused on yoga, mindfulness, confidence building, assertiveness it would be perfect, but that might to too broad?

does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

It is for my sisters 40th birthday - location wise Kildare/Dublin

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭purethick

Hi there,

There are various mindfulness courses in Oscailt on Baggot Street, Dublin 2.

For a yoga weekend away which would usually encompass meditation as well yoga, hiking etc, see www.burrenyoga.com - various yoga teachers run weekends there so best bet might to call the owner Dave - he's sometimes on here as well.

Also see Cloona Health Retreat for a slightly different weekend away for quietness (and detox).

Hope that helps

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

The Moment wrote: »
    Hi all, I am a newbie so apologies if this is the wrong place to post this.

I am looking to buy a gift for someone, she really enjoys yoga, but i would like to broaden this a little, and i am not really sure where to go , or even if it is available.

Ideally if there was a 6 week course, or a weekend that focused on yoga, mindfulness, confidence building, assertiveness it would be perfect, but that might to too broad?

does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

It is for my sisters 40th birthday - location wise Kildare/Dublin

Thanks in advance :)

I strongly recommend that you check out the website of The Elbow Room, www.the-elbowroom.com they are running a yoga and mindfulness and muscle activation weekend retreat in the wicklow mountains in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 The Moment

Thanks so much, I will look into these in more detsil- oscailt looks great, and really affordable!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Kenz

Hey - maybe check out "The Santuary" - i haven't been yet, but it's on my list of "must go" places. You could purchase a gift voucher on their site, and let her pick out something. Oscailt is one that i'd recommend as well - check out Mari Kennedy under the "Life & Business Coaching" section. She also teaches yoga around Dublin in various different locations. The Elbowroom; I was only there on the weekend for a yoga workshop, and I liked it. The BurrenYoga is also on my list to go to as well.

In fairness, both Yoga and Meditation practice are very individual to the person practicing - but there are lots of really good people around that help guide folk on these journeys around Dublin and throughout Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 The Moment

Tks all, some really helpful advice and suggestions here, will let you know how I get on ☺

• Advertisement
Advertisement