Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft security essentials and Mcafee

Options
  • 07-11-2014 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

Just wondering if the two are compatible? I have super antispyware, process hacker, bot revolt etc etc and don't seem to have any problems with it clashing with mcaffee but unsure about Microsoft security essentials. I'm running latest version of windows 8 by the way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Microsoft Security Essentials is an antivirus package and shouldnt be run alongside another antivirus package. You only ever need one antivirus scanner on your machine, using more than one can cause system instability.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭The Darkroom

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Microsoft Security Essentials is an antivirus package and shouldnt be run alongside another antivirus package. You only ever need one antivirus scanner on your machine, using more than one can cause system instability.

Thanks. In that case I might as well ask if I'm safe using the spyware and bot revolt I already have running? I guess these are not exactly anti virus programs on the same par as Microsoft and mcfee?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Those should be fine. Personally, I use Avast free antivirus along with Malwarebytes anti Malware Free version and I never have any issues with viruses or spyware. The free antivirus packages are more than adequate for a home user.

Advertisement