Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BullGuard & Firefox conflicting?

Options
  • 15-10-2014 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭

I installed BullGuard the other day and since then, my Internet browsing has slowed down dramatically.

I use Firefox and when I open the browser, I get the spinning wheel icon (you know the one that means it's loading/connecting).
    The site (i.e Google or Facebook) won't load and if it does, it's after about four minutes.

I spoke online to a person from BullGuard LiveChat and they told me to disable "Self-Protect BullGuard from Termination" in the Settings box, which I did.

I also disabled Firewall, checked to see if my problem was solved...it wasn't, so I enabled it again, but I'm at the end of my tether here.
    I really think BullGuard is conflicting with Firefox, but I also tried Opera and Chrome earlier and they're the same.

Has anyone had this problem before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

probably the case

boot into safe mode with networking, if firefox/chrome work fine there, then it has to be bullguard slowing you down

• Registered Users Posts: 26 duckflyr

Looking around it doesn't seem to be everybody's favorite. I have used AVG Free edition for years, never had a problem with any viruses or anything. What it has picked up on, interesting how easy one could get malware.

Advertisement