Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mac and Trovi

Options
  • 09-11-2014 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

I must had downloaded something onto my Mac ... each time I click on a new tab in Firefox - a search engine names Trovi (Bing?) pops up - driving me nuts... I have deleted bing from search engine options ... any helps .. anyone please? I've tried a few things but nothing worked. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

open firefox, click the tools tab, click add-ons, then trovi should be under extensions or plugins, remove it from there

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭justagirl

jsa112 wrote: »
    open firefox, click the tools tab, click add-ons, then trovi should be under extensions or plugins, remove it from there

Thanks for reply but unfortunately does not appear under plugins nor extensions :/

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

see the search engine box in the top right of firefox ? click the downwards arrow beside whatever is there, that gives you options, click manage search engines, and remove trovi

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭justagirl

jsa112 wrote: »
    see the search engine box in the top right of firefox ? click the downwards arrow beside whatever is there, that gives you options, click manage search engines, and remove trovi

Thank you but it's not listed there - and in case it was connected in someway to Bing - I deleted that already. Total mare - I can't seem to get rid of it.:(

Advertisement